Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

The best part about working at Costco are the co-workers. People are generally kind and you can easily make friends there. Lots of people end up on break together so you are never bored or alone. Work hours are fine and everyone is treated fairly for the most part. Opportunities of advancement are available and if you work there for a long time you can 100% make a liveable salary.
Most employees were very nice and good to work with. Some managers thought they were gods and very nasty to anyone beneath them. One manager in particular treated the young kids extremely poor. And if you said anything you ended up with a target on your back.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor treatment, all late shifts
*gossip too much *people fight a lot *employee jealousy don't want to work there anymore a lot a people get injure on front end I dont enjoy working there its stressful and not safe environment to work for
A typical day is very busy and we need to be very fast, focused and concentrate. I learned to be professional, learned many things. It makes you feel very professional.
Your day usually goes by fast. The only thing I would have liked more is the shift times to have been changed to accommodate a working single parent at the time.
The job is a very fast pace and you won't have the time to relax. Thus this is good for those who don't like to slack off and who want to always be in contact with customers.
I had great experience working in Cotco. Flexible hours. Team work. Advance career opportunities. Good salary comparing similar companies. Managers and supervisors very supportive.
They are always open to teach you more if you show your willing to learn. the coworkers are friendly and most the managers are nice and approachable. their good at working with you if you are sick or have a family emergency. room for growth.
I loved working there. Very multicultural. Time goes by very fast. It is a very fast-paced environment. The work schedule was very flexible. They sometimes had cool events.
Pros
Free lunches
it is very fast paced and it tires you out after a certain time. they paid well and gave good hours. If you want to constantly work and have a fast paced non stop environment then apply here.
An average day consists of faced paced movement, dealing 800+ members in an average 5 hour work day. 9 times out of 10 you will be working with hard working individuals who want to to their best, but some supervisors can be a bit abrasive and attempt to micromanage. It is a nice casual environment, with a simple dress code of appropriate work wear, no uniforms. If you can't handle standing on a hard concrete floor all day then this might not be the place for you. The most rewarding part for me was knowing you helped someone and they genuinely thank you for your help, be it finding an item for them or helping load a heavy item into their cart or vehicle.
Pros
Friendly and supportive management.
Cons
Breaks can be far between and unpredictable, leaving you feeling exhausted.
Most enjoyable, meeting people, assisting them with their questions or needs, management is good, understanding, and helpful. Typical day starts at 2:00 pm. and ends at 10:30pm.Other shifts are available but this works best for me. There is flexibility for work hours which is great.
Pros
steady employment, fairly good pay with raises every 6 mos.
Cons
sometimes require more staff as it can get very busy with customers
Really hard to stay happy working at Costco. The management don't appreciate the hard working employees and enable the ones that don't work hard. People are encouraged to do the wrong things in order to move up in the company. Managers are really inhuman, dont ask or care much about their employees. Management display their favourites any chance they get. They don't help to encourage students to work and go to school fulltime. The members are allowed to yell at speak to employees anyway they feel because of the fee for their cards. Its a really toxic place to work.
Pros
RRSP contributions
Cons
Horrible Management
Great place to work at Costco they value your opinion and comments respecting your members and your employees and having a lot of fun working for Costco
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
Long day
Great place to work, meet lots of great people and learn great costumer service. managers are flexible with scheduling hours. You are trained properly.
I was hired as a part time cashier assistance, was given a 40 hour work load with no flexibility on scheduling or days off. Everything works off a seniority basis.. So if you are at the bottom of the food chain, well good luck... Your best chance at any grace is to make sure you are nice and liked by everyone.
Everyone there are awesome, fun place to work, I got to get trained on propane and the gas they showed me how to use the cart pusher to move carts across the lot.
Pros
Free Costco card
I liked working at Costco, but it was very demanding and required a fast pace work ethic. However they have great benefits if you are looking to work part-time or full-time, but no benefits for students...
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Very demanding work
at this job I learnt that not all people are ready to be in management, and it seems like the warehouse that I was clearly had a great job at finding those people. Costco likes to say that they protect their employee ,but in all actuality they will throw you under the but so to speak in a heart beat.
*Answer calls-take messages or forward calls *Balance tills daily and record in computer *Order supplies and all money for the vault *Keep records of membership cards and gift certificates *Count money/cheques and balance *Armored car pick up service *Pick up mail, sort and distibute into mail slots in office *Help in accounts payable *On social committee (president 2x,treasurer 2x) Enjoyed working in the office environment. I would help in other areas when another co worker was off or as needed. The management is overall a good selection. At times they can push someone too hard or ask too much of one. The hardest part of the job was all the expectations to be done in the timely manner if they pulled you to another area to help. Also if a co worker was ill in a small office environment I would be asked to open at 6-1 then come back at 5-10pm and return next morning for open shift again. Therefore I believe they needed a couple more part time trained to cover in case. I loved being independent and on my own to be in control of my environment. Let alone on breaks you got to sit with others and learn about them. It was like another home to me.
Pros
Bakes sales, free food to try, Inventory catered food!, Social club get togethers.
Cons
Sometimes the hours 6 am-230, then close 1-930pm hard on the body if you don't sleep well.
I enjoyed my time with Costco. I learned a lot. It is a fast paced environment and work goes by so fast. The environment it so friendly. They offer student jobs in the summer.
  1. Customer Service Associate / Cashier