Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Commis

We were able to have fun while working! The people I met there are like family, some of them are still my close friends. I recommend this place to everyone!
Je conseille à tous ceux qui veulent travailler chez Costco de bien vous renseigner. Cet emploi est seulement temps partiel. Il n'y a que les anciens employés qui ont la chance d'avoir un temps plein. Si vous avez moins que 20 ans, c'est parfait pour vous. Parcontre, si vous avez plus que 25 ans. C'est à vos risque et périls.
if you want a lifetime job, it is perfect for you. But they aren't flexible with their working hours and they don't have anybody to replace you if you need to take a day off.
Pros
pay
Cons
not flexible
Bonne place pour ceux qui n'ont pas ou presque pas d'étude. Bon salaire de base. Le travail est récompensé par une flexibilité d'horraire. Emplois certain et heures garanties.
Pros
Avantage sociaux
Cons
Travail de fin de semaine obligatoire
travailler chez costco c'est fort enrichissant puisque nous pouvons travailler dans plusieurs département en même temps ! les conditions de travail sont ideal !
Pros
salaire
Everything was perfect except the supervisors: they keep annoying you by telling you things you have to do throughout the day, even if ou did it without them seeing you do it. For example, you need to speak to clients about promotions, which i did, but every single time that I already talked about it or am about to talk about it, they show up and tell me I have to speak about promotions.
Pros
Free membership (worth about 130$ per year)
Cons
Exhausting shifts
Costco is well known for it's multiple advancement options offered to it's staff based on their cultural value to promote from within which is great for their employees. This leads to a good overall motivation from their staff and also helps the process of making employees adopt your cultural values.
Pros
Advancement possibilities, Good security, good benefits
Cons
tasks can be somewhat uninteresting
I completely enjoy working at Costco. People are great, my manager is also a helpful and great person. I stared by working five days a week, which included a Saturday. Policy changed to having to work Saturday and Sunday, which is the only reason for me looking for another job.
Pros
occasional breakfast, finishing early.
Cons
Working Saturday and Sunday
Costco is know for the quality of its product, the quality of its services and especially for the way they treat their employees. I worked as a merchandiser and at the front of the store at the customer service. As a merchandiser the recipe is simple; every morning, starting at 4 am, we have to sort out all the merchandise we received and place it at there respective spots. Of course we also had to clean the alley and leave them clean and secure for the customers When it comes to customer service, I touched a lot of responsibilities; pack the purchases of the members (customers), help them in anyway possible (if they forgot an item, I'll go get it for them, if they need help to put all their items in their car. On top of all that, always be happy and helpful. I also had to work in the parking lot, I took care of all the carriages , as well as the general coordination of the parking lot. Making sure it secure for the customers or anybody. Working at Costco helped me to really understand how to take care of a customer, as well as how to to be organized. I really had a great time working at Costco, the ambiance between all the employees was incredible; everybody was friend with everybody, everybody helped each others. Throughout my stay as a Costco worker I really grasp the idea of "Team Work"
Pros
Ambiance, employee benefits
Cons
The fact that sometimes I had to start at 4 am.