Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Cashier in Winnipeg, MB

I absolutely loved working at Costco. I was a seasonal employee there for 6 months. Everyone over there was so friendly and helpful, I felt like I got another family. The pay rate was amazing.
Working at Costco was a short-lived but educating experience for me. Although the position was only for the holidays, and I only worked there for a few weeks I made quite a few friends. Everyone on the team is friendly, the management team immediately made me feel welcome and they always had something for me to do. They didn't rush me into anything but instead took the time to teach me how to do the job correctly and efficiently. The hardest job for me was collecting carts, they are quite heavy and you must take 6-8 of them at a time but after a couple of shifts it got much easier! My favourite part of the job was packaging customers carts because they always seemed to be in a good mood and I had many lovely conversations with some great customers! Overall, costco was a great company to work for and I had a great experience!
it was a very organized work environment and was run very well. I got to really understand and learn how to work efficiently in such a high speed environment. The managers were very nice in telling you when you were doing something wrong and how you could fix it. The hardest part of the job would have been having to always have a smile on your face even when a customer is rude or is not treating you well. That being said the most enjoyable part would be when a customer comes through and is so nice and enthusiastic and appreciative of what you do for them.
Everyone starts off pt, all ft positions are based on seniority it can take forever to land ft. Pt is 25 hours and you are expected to be available for any shift 7 days a week Pays ok to start, top wages are excellent if you can put in the time and make it through the pt. After about 8 years you’ll make $25+
I love my coworkers, everyone is so nice! Lots of new faces constantly when they hire seasonals so you get to meet a lot of people. Once you get to know them and have fun, every shift is actually enjoyable. Otherwise the job is very repetitive and can become boring very fast. If you want stability and good benefits, definitely recommned working here. Very flexible for students they only give you 15 hours a week distributed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. However sometimes they give little to no hours during the first 2 and sometimes 3 months of the year when business slows down. Lack of communication between managers and supervisors can be annoying and everyone has a diferent answer. When asking for time off, or if you have any questions make sure you ask more than one person to have a better idea. However it's nice that you don't have to respond to only one supervisor/manager, you can pretty much pick and choose once you get to know them. Most of them are really nice anyway. If you work in a department with lots of employees, like the front end, it's easy to switch shifts and get time off. Easy to move within deprtments too, just look for the postings in the lunch room and apply as soon as you see it. Both timeliness and seniority are taken into account. When business is slow, sometimes they ask you if you want to go home early but if you need the hours, they let you stay too. When they're really short of people and business is busy they might even ask for overtime. Overtime doesn't happen very often though.
its a good company to work for. good pay and benefits. the people working there is friendly andhelpful. fun to work for. management is very helful esp. on working as a team.
Pros
good pay
Cons
started as part time
I have never worked for a company that looks out for their people so much. I left because I needed to move, but I wasn't able to transfer stores.they will go to great lengths to help out employees.
Pros
free lunches (when they came out with new items), raise every 800 hours.
Cons
folding all thoes clothes.
Doing various tasks such as bagging and boxing groceries in carts, cashier duties, customer services, various cleaning and maintenance tasks, and working outside pushing carts. The other employees are fantastic, everyone is very welcoming and the management is very accommodating to students. The best part of the job is the staff that I get to work with.
Good place to work, pays well, excellent benefits. Very busy,sometimes chaotic with customers. Hardest part was retreiving shopping carts at -30 degrees. Don't like that Costco hires workers for seasonal then let them go, don't call them back so they don't have to pay them any benefits and therefore the staff is always changing.Therefore I feel there is no employee/customer relationship.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
hardly employ full-time
the work days at cotsco were very busy, and very demanding. In the beginning it was fun to work there and its hard to get in there as well so once you get in you your laughing (figuratively) a day is rough your either packing carts, pushing carts, your a runner of products the customer may have forgotten or no longer wants if its to be refridgerated, or you can be doing all 3. The most enjoyablepart of working there is the people they are amazing to work with in all aspects.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
long extended hours after store closes