Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Cashier/Stocker

Even through COVID, we never closed. Very physically demanding, must be able to stand long hours. Ability to move up however you MUST put in your hours. You’re not gonna be a manager overnight. Pay raises are based off of how many you hours you work, sucks when you start working but only gets better as you go along. If bored in one department, able to transfer departments.
Pros
Most managers work with your life schedule
Cons
Physical Labour, Concrete Floors
my issue was at the heartland location was management. I had told them I need to work less hours because I had acquired an second job. But they did not care about me so I had left. Outside of that the job was okay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management does not care about their staff
fun place to work with lots of perks and flexible time. I like interacting with the members the most. Time passes fairly during the most of the time you feel busy and engaged most of the time. a lot of things are happening almost every-time so you don’t feel left out friendly management
To much stress on pushing credit card/executive card. Very, hard to get into a Costco, and to get full time. Management's, has their favorites and they get first pick. Longtime, full time employees are clicky. Made some great pt friends. Hard to get days off.
a great place to work, kindly management stuff . it is fast paced and team work spirit is needed. Norms and rules need to be strictly and accurately followed.
A typical day was fast paced and a bit stressful. However, the great team I worked with made for a positive experience. Management was great however, I wasn't kept on (I was seasonal) due to calling in sick after I experienced an accident and provided a doctor's note. This was the only thing that upset me as it was out of my control. But, I definitely would work there again and recommend it to anyone. It's fairly physical if you work with the cashiers as an assistant which actually helped to keep me active. I found it to be a well rounded job for pretty decent pay even at minimum.
Pros
great team environment, good pay, healthy work environment, good management.
Cons
Long physical shifts
While working at Costco I learned how to work well with other people and under pressure. A typical day at work was packing people's groceries and restocking the shelves.
Its a nice clean and organized environment to work at. Everything's divides equally. Everyone knows what their doing its a perfect opportunity and gain experience workplace to apply for
It is a great place to work with great benefits and guaranteed pay raise every year until you reach Costco's max pay for the position. Working hard and staying committed will give you the opportunities that you want.
Very fast Paced Lots of Managers and supervisors on ground Demands high energy levels Best part of the job is meeting people Competitive wages and benefits
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costco Wholesale?
the job itself and the people you work with make it a super place to work. like in every job, its not all rainbows. management was not properly trained due to the fact that advancement was sometimes decided based on favoritism and not because of the actual work you put in. besides that i loved working there for 3 years, good energy and a united team.
Pros
flexibility in schedule changes and days off. good starting salary
Cons
late hours sometimes
Management is promoted from within which can be positive but may result in lack of quality personnel. There is very little book training in the areas of Management of People, Communication Skills, Motivational Skills. There are no training opportunities brought in from the outside ie workshops, in service presentations, additional training courses. Morale is very Low. High rate of stress leaves. Physical stress (heavy lifting, cement floor) Mostly positive relationships and friendships between coworkers. Executive Membership provided free of charge
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits, Most coworkers have positive relationships and friendships
Cons
Low Morale, Toxic Environment
When I asked what tasks I could do next they told me just to hold tight, that they would figure something out but they never would, and they never told me what I was doing right or wrong.
Pros
Cons
no team coordination
I loved working with customers, I enjoyed working with a wonderful team. I had to leave because of school but loved going to work. I learned being patient and as helpful with customers as possible. I was generally very great with customers.
Pros
Benefits, Great coworkers
Cons
Running out of boxes for customers, and a set amount of hours
Worked around my school hours. Plus the company really took care of their employees.Additionally when i went to school they kept me on as seasonal staff.
Good job experience to have, always moving. There are lots of opportunity for people who are very motivated alongside great health and dental benefits.
Managers are very nice people and professional co-workers are like any other work place good people and bad people but overall the company is worth working for because of the opportunities competitive wages and benefits.
Pros
company offers a lot
Cons
job tasks arent very exciting and more plain and simple
Costco have a opendoor policy and you can talk to anyone about anything. Everyone in the management were very nice and helpful Working there is fast paced It felt that everyone in Costco was a family.
Pros
Free membership, good wage, good management, free food
Cons
Takes a while to become a fulltime
the staff are very kind and understanding. it is hard work but you make decent money and you get to learn a lot. There are great benefits and people who work at costco usually stay at costco for a long time.
Enjoyed interacting with the people and stocking while helping people find what they are looking for. Very strenuous job and on feet all day. But overall learned a lot and was good pay.
Costco is a veryprogressive company, one which present numerous opportunities for individual advancements within the organization with the right guidance.