Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 82 reviews matching the search See all 7,068 reviews
Lot Crew
Seasonal Lot Crew & Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 August 2018
Costco was an amazing place to work. The management is super friendly and accepting. Costco pays great wages and always gives room to improve. The job is busy and always full of something to do. I would defiantly recommend working there.
Well-structured work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON24 July 2018
Everything at Costco was well-organized and the people were very friendly and helpful. The values that Costco stands for are some that can be used in everyday life!
costco summary A day on the job at costco Whole sale
CASHIER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 July 2018
A day at work would be helping the cashier put the groceries back in the cart cleaning up the store and putting items back on the floor. I learned that that when you clock out late or clock out late on your break you have to sign this book that's in the hr office. Management is really nice to all their employees they treat us really well there. The workplace culture is you'll never be bored they'll always have something for us to do. the most hardest part of the job is lifting heavy objects when doing putting items back on the floor like the flooring and dog food and most definitely the water. the most enjoyable part of my job is the people I get to work with or the people I get to see. I see a lot of people I know.
Pros
everyone is super nice to employees with special needs
Cons
breaks are not always ontime
Costco is good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON28 June 2018
Costco gave me alot of customer experiences and helped me with differents experiences.
Costco has helped me with teaching me lots of basics techniques to deal with harder customer.
I had lots of fun working at Costco felt like working with a big family.
The hardest part of my job was lifting heavy boxes.
Pros
good experiences in differents departments
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 June 2018
I loved working at Costco as a Cashier. The staff are what really made it great. These people are so dedicated and stay so positive. While I was a student, the managers really supported me in attending classes and still making my shifts.
Pros
Good benefits and great employers
Cons
strict hours requirements.
great place to work easy to move up in company
Membership Marketer/ Refunds Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2018
this is a great place to work. Majority of employees have wprked there for 5+ years. lots of room to grow within to the company and wage increases with amount of hours put in
Pros
benefits, great wage, and bonuses
Cons
inconsistent scheduling
Costco
605 Expo Blvd, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 June 2018
Costco in my opinion is a great company to work for; mainly because there is never a dull moment when I am working there because there is always something to do at all times. For example, taking unwanted items from customers back where they belong, organizing buggies, helping out produce if needed, collecting all the empty boxes. Secondly, Costco is also a great company to work for knowing that they provide a program from students called the CSRP program which basically allows individuals who are going to school only work weekends, giving them the rest of the week to completely focus on school. Lastly, is Costco provides premium pay on Saturdays and Sundays and provides a lot of benefits and increases the wage as individuals go up the hierarchy.
Stable and fun
Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2018
I love my coworkers, everyone is so nice! Lots of new faces constantly when they hire seasonals so you get to meet a lot of people. Once you get to know them and have fun, every shift is actually enjoyable. Otherwise the job is very repetitive and can become boring very fast. If you want stability and good benefits, definitely recommned working here. Very flexible for students they only give you 15 hours a week distributed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. However sometimes they give little to no hours during the first 2 and sometimes 3 months of the year when business slows down. Lack of communication between managers and supervisors can be annoying and everyone has a diferent answer. When asking for time off, or if you have any questions make sure you ask more than one person to have a better idea. However it's nice that you don't have to respond to only one supervisor/manager, you can pretty much pick and choose once you get to know them. Most of them are really nice anyway. If you work in a department with lots of employees, like the front end, it's easy to switch shifts and get time off. Easy to move within deprtments too, just look for the postings in the lunch room and apply as soon as you see it. Both timeliness and seniority are taken into account.
When business is slow, sometimes they ask you if you want to go home early but if you need the hours, they let you stay too. When they're really short of people and business is busy they might even ask for overtime. Overtime doesn't happen very often though.
Fun loving environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
Costco is a great employer. Everyone gets benefits as soon as they are part-time which is unheard of in most retail jobs. Costco also gives 6 weeks off unpaid to whoever wants to take it during the winter which is great for those who want to travel. This is along with the 2 weeks vacation paid you already get.
Pros
Lots of free food in the break room
Cons
Lots of weekend shifts
Tim Hortons
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 April 2018
Amazing work culture, multi-tasking helps you in brushing your skills how to work in Canadian environment, improves customer dealing and communication skills.
Good work environment, Bad management team.
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
A typical day in the life of a Cashier Assistant would include unloading/loading carts, grabbing an item for a member, cashier duties (if you're cash trained), boxing member's items, and providing great customer service.

I've learned how to become more patient when working with difficult and rude members, learned to call for help when needed, and learned how to be more patient with management. You also have to learn when to make a joke you think might be funny as someone might be offended by it.

Management in my branch have very little communication with one another, and lack management and leadership skills. They can be very unprofessional, disorganized, and show favoritism.

The workplace culture and environment is very relaxed. We have a very casual dress code. I have no complaints with fellow coworkers, as everyone who works here is very friendly and approachable.

The hardest part of the job is definitely learning how to bite your tongue and tell yourself that an argument with a member isn't worth getting in trouble for. Some members can be very rude and disrespectful, in which you would call for a supervisor. You should be patient and verbal if someone needs your help with loading their cart, as some people are very particular.

The most enjoyable part of this job is definitely how neat and nice you pack the cart. As well as the friendly atmosphere within coworkers, and occasional nice member you can joke and bond with. Plus, seeing a member walk off with a smile on their face as you tell them to have a nice day is very rewarding, at least for me.
Pros
Free membership after 3 month probation period, friendly coworkers, constant 25 hour work week.
Cons
Late shifts, hard to move up due to seniority, management team is unprofessional.
good pay and good company
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2018
its a good company to work for. good pay and benefits. the people working there is friendly andhelpful. fun to work for. management is very helful esp. on working as a team.
Pros
good pay
Cons
started as part time
Awesome work environment
CASHIER/FLOOR WORKER (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC9 April 2018
Although Costco is a very hectic environment to be in day in and out, it was a very good job to have as a student at the time and we received many benefits and were constantly motivated to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 March 2018
Costco is a great place to work. They have a great environment and they have great benefits. Management is always super helpful if you have any questions or concerns. If you enjoy working as a team this is the pace for you.
Great job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2018
Would do it again. Great place love the people. Great staff. Friendly. Second family. Nice smiles. Short lines. Very hard working staff that want nothing for the best of you
Best retail job you will ever land
Cashiers' Assistant / Food Court (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2018
I have never worked for a company that looks out for their people so much.

I left because I needed to move, but I wasn't able to transfer stores.

they will go to great lengths to help out employees.
Pros
free lunches (when they came out with new items), raise every 800 hours.
Cons
folding all thoes clothes.
Part-Time/Full-Time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB22 February 2018
The only complaint I have about working at Costco wholesale is that, when we couldn't keep any seasonal staff on for the spring, they required me to work full time hours, despite the fact that I was a full time student at the time. However, they were very understanding when I told them I had to quit
Great Student Programs
Cashier Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB19 February 2018
A very friendly environment and teaches you professional member service. There is lots of space to grow in the company and full time employees have good benefits.
It was okay
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 February 2018
I was a little disappointed by other employees at my level and not my managers or supervisor, they were really nice in fact. I just did not like the culture there, so I left.
Productive workplace with fantastic employees
Cashier/Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2018
Doing various tasks such as bagging and boxing groceries in carts, cashier duties, customer services, various cleaning and maintenance tasks, and working outside pushing carts. The other employees are fantastic, everyone is very welcoming and the management is very accommodating to students. The best part of the job is the staff that I get to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2