Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Cashier

Fun loving environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
Costco is a great employer. Everyone gets benefits as soon as they are part-time which is unheard of in most retail jobs. Costco also gives 6 weeks off unpaid to whoever wants to take it during the winter which is great for those who want to travel. This is along with the 2 weeks vacation paid you already get.
Pros
Lots of free food in the break room
Cons
Lots of weekend shifts
Tim Hortons
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 April 2018
Amazing work culture, multi-tasking helps you in brushing your skills how to work in Canadian environment, improves customer dealing and communication skills.
Good work environment, Bad management team.
Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
A typical day in the life of a Cashier Assistant would include unloading/loading carts, grabbing an item for a member, cashier duties (if you're cash trained), boxing member's items, and providing great customer service.

I've learned how to become more patient when working with difficult and rude members, learned to call for help when needed, and learned how to be more patient with management. You also have to learn when to make a joke you think might be funny as someone might be offended by it.

Management in my branch have very little communication with one another, and lack management and leadership skills. They can be very unprofessional, disorganized, and show favoritism.

The workplace culture and environment is very relaxed. We have a very casual dress code. I have no complaints with fellow coworkers, as everyone who works here is very friendly and approachable.

The hardest part of the job is definitely learning how to bite your tongue and tell yourself that an argument with a member isn't worth getting in trouble for. Some members can be very rude and disrespectful, in which you would call for a supervisor. You should be patient and verbal if someone needs your help with loading their cart, as some people are very particular.

The most enjoyable part of this job is definitely how neat and nice you pack the cart. As well as the friendly atmosphere within coworkers, and occasional nice member you can joke and bond with. Plus, seeing a member walk off with a smile on their face as you tell them to have a nice day is very rewarding, at least for me.
Pros
Free membership after 3 month probation period, friendly coworkers, constant 25 hour work week.
Cons
Late shifts, hard to move up due to seniority, management team is unprofessional.
good pay and good company
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2018
its a good company to work for. good pay and benefits. the people working there is friendly andhelpful. fun to work for. management is very helful esp. on working as a team.
Pros
good pay
Cons
started as part time
Awesome work environment
CASHIER/FLOOR WORKER (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC9 April 2018
Although Costco is a very hectic environment to be in day in and out, it was a very good job to have as a student at the time and we received many benefits and were constantly motivated to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 March 2018
Costco is a great place to work. They have a great environment and they have great benefits. Management is always super helpful if you have any questions or concerns. If you enjoy working as a team this is the pace for you.
Great job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2018
Would do it again. Great place love the people. Great staff. Friendly. Second family. Nice smiles. Short lines. Very hard working staff that want nothing for the best of you
Best retail job you will ever land
Cashiers' Assistant / Food Court (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2018
I have never worked for a company that looks out for their people so much.

I left because I needed to move, but I wasn't able to transfer stores.

they will go to great lengths to help out employees.
Pros
free lunches (when they came out with new items), raise every 800 hours.
Cons
folding all thoes clothes.
Part-Time/Full-Time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB22 February 2018
The only complaint I have about working at Costco wholesale is that, when we couldn't keep any seasonal staff on for the spring, they required me to work full time hours, despite the fact that I was a full time student at the time. However, they were very understanding when I told them I had to quit
Great Student Programs
Cashier Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB19 February 2018
A very friendly environment and teaches you professional member service. There is lots of space to grow in the company and full time employees have good benefits.
It was okay
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 February 2018
I was a little disappointed by other employees at my level and not my managers or supervisor, they were really nice in fact. I just did not like the culture there, so I left.
Productive workplace with fantastic employees
Cashier/Cashier Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 January 2018
Doing various tasks such as bagging and boxing groceries in carts, cashier duties, customer services, various cleaning and maintenance tasks, and working outside pushing carts. The other employees are fantastic, everyone is very welcoming and the management is very accommodating to students. The best part of the job is the staff that I get to work with.
Great First Job
Cashier /Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 January 2018
Great place to work, fast paced, great co-workers and products you can believe in! They seem to like hiring college / university students and had very low turnover while I worked there. Costco is a company unlike much of their competition and it shows in the overall morale of the workplace!
Pros
The People, The Pay, The Atmosphere
fun place to work terrible management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
working at Costco was definitely a challenge in regards to the leadership and management. Unprofessional and lacking in basic skills. On the plus side my coworkers are fantastic.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor leadership
Highly productive and enjoyable workplace
Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2018
The company is a particularly well-organised one, the division of labour and employees hired allowing for work to be done efficiently along with fair pay and rules to follow
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB25 November 2017
The hours were very accommodating. The employees weren't always the nicest or fairest. The wages were above average, highly recommend as a place to work.
Fun workplace, very accomadative of schedules
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB26 September 2017
A typical day at work you signed in then checked in with Management to see what jobs needed done, if there was no management available at the current time you would find something to do around the area of your department until someone was around. The staff were friendly and everyone was very accomodating.
Cashier
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 September 2017
speedy flow of customers through a fast paced work place. meeting the needs of the members while being flexible and able to complete a multitude of tasks
Pros
highly energenic pace
Cons
not fulltime
Not good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 September 2017
Not the best place, manager didn't like me, I did whatever he asked always came in early, came in whenever he needed help, used me and then fired me. some of the other managers were nice people but this guy was stressed and couldn't handle it and didn't wan't to help me work and go to school .
Fast Speed and fun to work with
Food Court Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 August 2017
This company is very good to work with. Your have a chance to grow and increase your pay if you work enough hours to raise. The important thing, they have benefit for both part - time and full -time employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2