Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Cashier

I absolutely loved working at Costco. I was a seasonal employee there for 6 months. Everyone over there was so friendly and helpful, I felt like I got another family. The pay rate was amazing.
I really loved working for Costco at the beginning, but there was a lot of misinformation upon being hired about my benefits, i was hired as a temp and told would become permanent after 90 days, that did not happen, I worked 4 months and still was seasonal. Same with getting my executive Costco card, was suppose to get it after 90 days and becoming permanent but that did not happen. Thanksgiving all permanent workers received a free Turkey but seasonal did not which were many of us. On top of that took 3 months and a half to finally train me for my job on registers which was ridiculous, i constantly asked for 3 months to get trained. Cashiers and stockers were amazing to work with but some managers were just soo disorganized and did not communicate with associates or managers well. Ontario went on to lockdown in December and within that same week they laid off 50-60 seasonal associates with hardly any notice, they even forgot to tell me that the next day was my last day. So overall this is a good job temporary but would not recommend for forever.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management
I worked here as a student while in uni, I’m not sure how much has changed since then. It’s very fast paced, okay pay for students, and students only work during breaks. There is a huge expectation and pressure to sell memberships and the credit card, to the point where I felt harassed by management sometimes. There is good opportunities to work in various departments and is even encouraged. Staff are hit or miss, some are kind and others are jaded. You get to know the various faces in the community, including restaurant owners and local politicians. They are flexible in terms of scheduling if you have another job and trading shifts are easy. You get extra pay if you jump on as a cashier if that is not your regular position.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, bonus pay for cashiering, student friendly
Cons
Expectation and quota to sell memberships and credit cards, sometimes super busy, entitled clients
The store always is full of people. You have to move a lot of bulky stuffs in the store. And also you have to be careful to not hit the customers in the store with them. It is a very fast pace workplace and you have to move around a lot. And you have to answer to a lot of question from customers. And working there start at 15$/ hour, whether your are a cleaner, a cart pusher (very hard job), a cashier assistant, a merchandise.
I really enjoy working at Costco, all the employees, and management always make it enjoyable for me to come to work. The management is fair but reasonable, they are 9/10 easygoing however they will put you in your place when needed which is always a good thing. We always have fun as long as the work is being prioritized.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Long hours on your feet
always something to do and the ability to transfer to different areas of the warehouse (optical, pharmacy, etc.) with provided schooling/courses. frequent raises for all employees
The place was fine to work at. good pay but fast paced work and the management isn't even cooperative. Seniorities basis selection of internal hiring.
I just started working at Costco and it is great. Ihave learned many skills from working at Costco and will use them in my everyday life. Th epoeple wo work their including my co workers and managers are very nice people.
Depends on the warehouse that you work at, they all have a different atmosphere. Being able to adapt is a big part of being able to work for Costco too.
it is very impulsive place and very busy place.It is manageable place provided everything to customers . because of wholesale ,there is every product on good value.
I had a blast working for Costco as it taught me how to work in a fast paced environment and also taught me that teamwork gets jobs that are tough done faster.
Working at Costco enables you to learn a lot of skills and lessons. Costco is a very fast past environment. The hardest part about working at Costco is to balance your work and personal life. The most enjoyable part is the rewards you get from working at Costco. You are able to accomplish a significant amount personally and for others. I learned that Costco helps you to grow as an individual.
Everyone was nice and helped me if I needed it. it did get stressful at times especially when your new to cash and they had a rush but all in all great learning experience.
Fast paced environment, very busy weekdays and weekends, friendly workers, fair breaks. Worked as a cashier assistant placing customers items into their carts when they purchase them. Lots of moving and carrying but nothing too demanding
Working in a fast-paced environment. Your schedule must flexible and willing to work every Friday-Sunday. Employees make it fun. Starting Salary is above the minimum wage
The team I worked with was very pleasant. It was a good group dynamic,always ready to help one another out. the Management at my first Costco was not as good as the second. My schedule would always change at the very last minute. All in all, a good work experience, and a very good job for a student, and a good name to have on your CV.
I loved all of the managers that I got to work with. They made it fun and not too stressful even though it is quite a fast-paced environment to work in.
A very good place to work, co-workers and managers are very nice and helpful. I enjoyed very much working with them. Flexible hours, great job benefits.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
very busy, fast pace
I loved working at costco, I loved the people and how fast paced it was. It was a really awesome atmosphere! I fine tuned my time management and multitasking skills.
Working at Costco was a short-lived but educating experience for me. Although the position was only for the holidays, and I only worked there for a few weeks I made quite a few friends. Everyone on the team is friendly, the management team immediately made me feel welcome and they always had something for me to do. They didn't rush me into anything but instead took the time to teach me how to do the job correctly and efficiently. The hardest job for me was collecting carts, they are quite heavy and you must take 6-8 of them at a time but after a couple of shifts it got much easier! My favourite part of the job was packaging customers carts because they always seemed to be in a good mood and I had many lovely conversations with some great customers! Overall, costco was a great company to work for and I had a great experience!
Fast paced and some heavy lifting. Overall my seasonal position was pleasant. Would work for Costco again if given the opportunity. Not much room for advancement. Very slow in the new year.