Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 97 reviews matching the search See all 8,349 reviews
Costco is like working for any other minimum wage paying job - better benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2018
the benefits are great. Its like working anywhere else. management is not the greatest. they give you the idea that they care when they really don't. Advancement in this company seems to be racially charged. The employees are great, they make it hard to have a bad day.
Pros
the benefits packages
Cons
work every weekend. minimum wage
costco summary A day on the job at costco Whole sale
CASHIER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 July 2018
A day at work would be helping the cashier put the groceries back in the cart cleaning up the store and putting items back on the floor. I learned that that when you clock out late or clock out late on your break you have to sign this book that's in the hr office. Management is really nice to all their employees they treat us really well there. The workplace culture is you'll never be bored they'll always have something for us to do. the most hardest part of the job is lifting heavy objects when doing putting items back on the floor like the flooring and dog food and most definitely the water. the most enjoyable part of my job is the people I get to work with or the people I get to see. I see a lot of people I know.
Pros
everyone is super nice to employees with special needs
Cons
breaks are not always ontime
Good co-workers and great benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2018
Its an engaging and satisfying place to work, with spectacular benefits and good on the job training. The management could stand improvement as scheduling issues and lapses in availability occurred frequently.
Pros
very structured
Cons
always work weekends
grocery store that promotes from within
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brighton Ave, Burnaby12 October 2018
I was a cashier, but my job consisted of many different aspects. Physical labour, stocking shelves, folding clothes, sometimes inventory or training is all part of being a cashier at this job, as well. One time we even got paid to knock out all the tills and help the construction workers install the new ones over night. The pay is decent for what it is, the variety keeps it from being boring, and the staff is a healthy mix of student and lifers. management can be relentless about upselling memberships, but every job as its drawbacks. overall I'd recommend working here, especially for students.
Pros
student programs, decent pay, variety of work
Cons
managment can be pushy
Costco
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
Overall culture was not pleasant. Although I learned a lot about people skills, patience, efficiency, organization, book keeping, and much more! Great for temporary work.
Benefits
friendly work enviroment
cashier assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 January 2019
Costco has a very comfortable work enviroment where everyone gets along and everyone is creating relationships with eachother.

the management team are very understanding and always there to give a helping hand or always there to consider any problems in your personal life.
A huge variety of education and cultures
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 January 2019
Management is great to work with. You meet a lot of good people who work and shop there. Personal skills will dictate how you percive the vast amount of duties and members that you interact daily.
Pros
Relaxed environment, great start wages, great opportunities to advance
Cons
Mentally demanding atmosphere, fast pace
Costco
605 Expo Blvd, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 June 2018
Costco in my opinion is a great company to work for; mainly because there is never a dull moment when I am working there because there is always something to do at all times. For example, taking unwanted items from customers back where they belong, organizing buggies, helping out produce if needed, collecting all the empty boxes. Secondly, Costco is also a great company to work for knowing that they provide a program from students called the CSRP program which basically allows individuals who are going to school only work weekends, giving them the rest of the week to completely focus on school. Lastly, is Costco provides premium pay on Saturdays and Sundays and provides a lot of benefits and increases the wage as individuals go up the hierarchy.
jobs ok
Membership/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 February 2019
great place long hours hard to get a day off. i was happy to be there people are great. just cant work two jobs at once. was hoping for more flexibility
Pros
great pay
productive
Cashier assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 October 2018
I was working with Costco for a while. it is a good company with highest pay for reliable job. the only thing is that you have to do others job as well as doing your job.
Pros
good salary
Cons
needed fulltime
Amazing company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC14 September 2018
I worked there very briefly, however they are super attentive to their employees needs and the pay is decent for a student.
They offer free membership and benefits as well!
Lot Crew
Seasonal Lot Crew & Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 August 2018
Costco was an amazing place to work. The management is super friendly and accepting. Costco pays great wages and always gives room to improve. The job is busy and always full of something to do. I would defiantly recommend working there.
Costco is good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON28 June 2018
Costco gave me alot of customer experiences and helped me with differents experiences.
Costco has helped me with teaching me lots of basics techniques to deal with harder customer.
I had lots of fun working at Costco felt like working with a big family.
The hardest part of my job was lifting heavy boxes.
Pros
good experiences in differents departments
Cons
Costco is a very good workplace to gain experience in the working environment.
Seasonal cashier, grocery packer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 October 2018
Costco was a great place to work. There were many challenges as well as opportunities for employees to get a chance to exceed their skills as employees.
The company was very flexible with employees and lent a helping hand when a problem arose.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 July 2018
Working as a seasonal staff. Every day was so busy, especially weekend. The management is productive and consistent. It is a fun job that involved a little bit physical strength and lots of positive vibe.
good pay and good company
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 April 2018
its a good company to work for. good pay and benefits. the people working there is friendly andhelpful. fun to work for. management is very helful esp. on working as a team.
Pros
good pay
Cons
started as part time
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 June 2018
I loved working at Costco as a Cashier. The staff are what really made it great. These people are so dedicated and stay so positive. While I was a student, the managers really supported me in attending classes and still making my shifts.
Pros
Good benefits and great employers
Cons
strict hours requirements.
great place to work easy to move up in company
Membership Marketer/ Refunds Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2018
this is a great place to work. Majority of employees have wprked there for 5+ years. lots of room to grow within to the company and wage increases with amount of hours put in
Pros
benefits, great wage, and bonuses
Cons
inconsistent scheduling
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 March 2018
Costco is a great place to work. They have a great environment and they have great benefits. Management is always super helpful if you have any questions or concerns. If you enjoy working as a team this is the pace for you.
Best retail job you will ever land
Cashiers' Assistant / Food Court (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2018
I have never worked for a company that looks out for their people so much.

I left because I needed to move, but I wasn't able to transfer stores.

they will go to great lengths to help out employees.
Pros
free lunches (when they came out with new items), raise every 800 hours.
Cons
folding all thoes clothes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2