Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Costco is a great place to work. They foster a team.family oriented environment where supervisors and managers are always accessible and there are lots of opportunities for advancement within the whole company not just the call center
super stressful place to work, management plays favourites with their staff and there is little to no room for advancement if you are not part of the "inner circle". Most management is unprofessional.
- You become a machine within the corporation - productivity matters more than service interaction -because they are not being developed. Employees recognize that there is a lack of opportunity in their organizations. ... Managers who provide their employees opportunities to develop their careers are in a good position to retain their employees.
The COSTCO call center is a good company to work at if you are young and single as it is not for the faint-hearted. It's not an easy job as calls from the members will be frustrating. The compensation package is really good if you are single as you can really stay as long as you want.
If you are looking for long term advancement; its a great company! The downside is that they have a very liberal family hiring policy which makes it harder and longer for people to move up whom parents' are not the company's executives. The reason why this company will always have a high turn over of employees.
I don't hate working at Costco, in fact I enjoy helping the members. Some of them are pains but some are really nice In the end it's a balance. The company wants you to put in lots of hours but you get perks too.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Start with a contract
Costco is great with job security. If you are a hard worker, you are rewarded. It is always busy and you must always be busy. The benefits are fantastic.
Sitting all day between gray spaces. Not enough movement and a lot of repetitive tasks. Other employees are extremely friendly and the pay is most satisfying.
On Dec.21,2016 My boss told me that because the production volume is down, they are laying people off. I was one of the people that they chose to lay off. However they told me that my last day would be dec.22,2016 the day after they had informed me. My contact would have been finished Jan.01.2017. I wish they would have given me more warning so that I could have figured something out as a back up. But because they only gave me 1 day warning, I did not have a back up plan and so I was forced to borrow money from family and apply for EI. Costco is a good place to work but some of the way they do things is not right.
It was a very good first experience in Call centre but what I liked is the similarity with the administrative job. Day at work was very busy, no time to answer private calls; co-workers were very friendly; job itself very demanding in terms of patience and accuracy.
Working at Costco in the call centre was definitely a great job to improve my customer service skills. The team was great and it was easy to get along with everybody. The hardest part of the job was to learn all the programs when I got hired but once you are in it, it is very easy to manage.
Pros
Barbecue Lunches
Cons
Short lunches
  1. Call Center Representative