Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Bakery Assistant

Good place to work, enjoyable and a long term job.. a lot of good benefits for the staff specially your retirement plan. I will recommend this company to my family and friends.
Good People to work with. Management also gives bonuses and training to their employee. Lots of job to choose from. Very stressful sometimes but really worth to work because of the people you are working with.
Good place to work if you can find a permanent position and you don't even injure yourself or get sick. Management is decent to work for, but very often you won't get credit for the work you completed and will get in trouble for what another employee has done mistakenly. Very stressful place to work
Many coworkers gave poor instructions, some would slack off and push their work on me. Pay was good at the time, although the job was relatively labour intensive, and the environment was hot due to the ovens.
Pros
Good Pay/Benefits
Cons
Poor work culture
Worked there as a student, their student working program is very helpful and allows for you to retain seniority even when not working because of school.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Lots of standing
this job was a great experience as i got to work with great people who were motivated and loved doing what they do. the management treating everyone like a big family. it was a a joy to work at. however tasks became mono and repetitive and opportunity for personal advancement was limited
Pros
got to work with bakery goods
Cons
restricted workforce
I got paid to basically work-out doing heavy lifting in the bakery. It was awesome. I wish i never quit. My coworkers were my family. My manager encouraged me to work hard and grow as a person. The warehouse manager ensured we were trained well and knew what was going on in the business. Once a month they would review financials and goals with staff. The ceo shook my hand and thanked me for working at Costco. He shook everyones hand and was so kind and down to earth.
Pros
Treated like a human being. Aprons are washed for you.
Cons
Low wage when starting out. Forced united way contributions.
Pays not so good,especially for vancouver,part time employee don't get treated very good there,low pay and no hours..
Pros
??
Cons
No hours
Overbearing managers that really did nothing to aid in situations where there was a problem -- they just went stupid so to speak. Aggressive requests to upsale their memberships or we would loose our jobs. Being brought into small private meetings and horribly treated , verbally assaulted. Accused of saying things to membersthat were never said( only in the minds of the membersi ). No respect for the years I have lived on this earth and the wisdom God has granted me. Or for that matter my four years of university education.
Cons
slavery