Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Baker

Baker assistan really fun and good job for me because i really love cook and making bread.as assistant im gonna learn more alot how to make any kind of bread.and i really love it.thank and God Bless..
Pros
Drinks
Cons
8 hrs
Managers are willing to work alongside staff and listen to work place issues and respond correctly. Experienced co-workers are more than willing to help. More than enough room to grow personally and inside the company structure. Excellent benefits and opportunities.
I absolutely loved working at Costco, would work there again. maybe in a different location. when i had issues with a manager i felt like nothing was done to fix the problem.
You have to work your way through but top rate part time even is very good. Much has changed afls far as how long the steps take but put in your time and it's a great company
You may get the opportunity to work in different positions at Costco. This allows you to expand your connection by meeting new managers and learn from other departments.
Costco gave me my work ethic and taught me the importance of team work. This is a great opportunity for anything looking to start their career and an even opportunity if you are a looking for something more secure.
Pros
Good Leadership building skills
manager did not like it when we y e e t e d products at the customers saying it was dangerous but only 3 children on average got concussions per hour. After many years of experience we brought this number to only 7 per minute. Thank god for universal healthcare.
Pros
Reduced lunches
Cons
Management is very good with Costco. They take care of their employees and provide many opportunities for advancement. They are very good at recognizing hard work and showing appreciation for it.
Good place to work if you plan on making a career out of it, otherwise it's hard to move up. Raises and advances pretty much depend solely on seniority and don't take skill or ability into account. As nice as it is to know your loyalty will be appreciated, it's unfortunate that hard work and quality performance isn't valued as much as simply staying with the company for a longer time.
The place is alright, has good pay and benefits. The job is tiring and demanding and didn't work with my schedule. The people there were very friendly.
had great time there. wonderful people to work with and pleasant managers. very welcoming environment to be part of. the benefits are probably the best part of working there though.
Pros
benifits
Cons
constantly standing
Loved every minute working there, and regret ever leaving and going to Target. Miss working with a great group of people. Advancement was slow though, that's what prompted me to leave.
Pros
fun culture, great pay.
Cons
slow advancemtn
They take really good care of their employees. It is hard work and very fast paced but it makes the day go by fast. Really good place to work, highly recommend if you get a job there to work to impress cause you could get a career out of it.
Pros
Benefits, good pay, flexible hours
I felt that while working at Costco, I never felt like I could not ask for help. I liked working at Costco because it gave me the work experience that I needed.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Sometimes to fast past
Costco is a great company to work for as they take care of their employees, and they hire/ promote from within. The employees and managers are very friendly and you can tell they care
good benefits and pay. management are always there to help. lots of opportunities to go up. hard to find a company nowadays that will give you good work atmosphere
Enjoy what I do in the early morning baking, and excellent company to work for. The hardest part of the job is the physical demands on my body, specifically shoulders and back.
* a typical day at work - Well it's hard work it pays of at the end of the day when it is said and done * what you learned - To work around the others to avoid interference with your cleaning and their work and be collaborative team player with other duties responsibilities and etc... * management - Very well run place, looking after their employees needs as well as their customers * your co-workers - Most of your co-workers are helpful and understanding people are great to work with * the hardest part of the job - At times removing stubborn hardened flour as well as stains from the ovens and racks * the most enjoyable part of the job - When the work gets done and the smiles you get from the bakery manager and the management. Also sometimes when you assist customers needs as well
Pros
Very good pay. sometimes in the cafeteria free buffets
Cons
Seasonal
Costco is a place where you work very hard and can move into management positions. The employees at Costco take pride in there jobs as they are members too.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hours are not full time
Commence work at 5:00 am, start baking the bread then start preparing the apple pie. Baking of all the pastries for the day.
The bakery is fast paced, and focused on teamwork. It is a fun environment, but demands production. The bakery is always busy, but that guarantees consistent hours.