Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews for Associate

If you can handle being busy no-stop from the time your day starts until it ends, then this is the place for you! Great people to work with and management are great.
I love to work for a Company like Costco. It's a fast paced work environment; but believe me, you are gonna love this place. There are a lot of people from different cultures, it's nice to know them. Really. Also, Costco Wholesale pays very well. So, go for it! without any doubt!!!
great place to work all departments will be taught to those who wants to learn great managers, always talking to associates great workplace to work working with happy people was always a bonus
Pros
Christmas dinner
Cons
advancement by seniority
a faced-past environment but easy to learn. It can be overwhelming with the customer rush during the weekends but majority understand how hectic it can be and go easy on you.
As a seasonal employee you get to work off hours to restock inventory. In Alberta, they start you at $13/hour. Might have changed now but its not impressive until you get a perm. position and a few years with them under your belt. Then its certainly worth it.
Pros
Served great appreciation lunch over Christmas
My typical day at work is organizing and stocking clothes. I enjoy dealing with customers and helping them. I like working on busy days because it makes the day go by fast.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Late shifts
Lots of fun working in a warehouse, especially morning or night crew when store is closed. Fast paced and never boring. You don't have to worry about what to wear, makeup or pretty hair,just be presentable.
Pros
benefits, pay, advancement, management
Cons
Can't dress up, wear good cloths
Nice place to get experience with till and customers. Good management and team. Many opportunities to meet nice people.
On a regular work day basis, I would mostly prodvide information to customers about our offers. I would go arround the store and find new customers ( our customers friends) to open-up a membership with us or even a credit card. Knowing that the store is huge, we would be multiple people doing it. Everyday would be a new challenge with new goals. The hardest part of my job was getting a customer to open a credit card because they wouldn't wanna pay extra, or for many other reasons. The best part of my job was the fact that I get to walk around but and be in different departments in the store. I would meet different people from around the country and I would always approach them differently about our memberships.
Pros
On week-ends, we can choose the time of our breaks.
Cons
On week-ends we were paid 2$ more every hour.
I have made a lot of friends out of my co-workers and I have definitely enjoyed my time at Costco. The job I currently have, however, requires a lot of physical labour which is not always ideal. I also do not currently hold a full-time position at Costco and this experience will not help me further my career as I am looking to eventually get a job in social working. I would love a job which involves a lot more interaction with customers.
Pros
Excellent co-workers.
Cons
A lot of physical labour