Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Woodbridge, ON

I was trainee there. During my internship period, I grasp and learnt many things regarding prescription cycle, patient communication, team work and trained in face paced work environment.
The managers and supervisors had absolutely no experience whatsoever everyone had a poor attitude and it was run like a military base I wouldn’t recommend anyone to apply there they ask for way too much for the minimal pay they give you
Pros
Cons
Always someone looking over your shoulders
Work with a great team and grow with the company and gain experince and work in all deparetments and also learn new skills and there lots of hours to work for
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Busy all time
• Played a key role in the development and maintenance of a safety culture. • Ensured effective implementation and maintenance of the Company's safety program by utilizing best practices in safety leadership (orientation, training, observation, correction, positive reinforcement). • Involved in identification of hazards and corrections, and other preventative approaches. • Actively was involved and led the implementation and execution of continuous improvement initiatives(5S,7 Waste & MUDA) • Delegated work assignments based on the production schedule and customer requirements, and assured that employees are at maximum productivity. • Prevented and rectified equipment downtime by ensuring proper maintenance of equipment, and addressing issues promptly as they arise.
Pros
job security
Cons
unpredictable hours and no prospect of promotion
typically you would come into work under staffed and over worked every single day.Managegment will typically place all the responsiibility on to employees when things are going poorly. if you buy them coffees and work for free on your days off you might get promoted to supervisor
products are amazing and always care about customers. well trained management team , always extra hours to work. management always ensure that staff knows of product they are selling.
The only way to move up is if you're LOVED by manageent. Excellent pay and a sunday bonus which few of the big retailers do. Overall, do NOT trust anyone as they're just trying to get promoted. Coruption aside, costco is an excellent place to make alot of money
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Bad management
Not the best place, manager didn't like me, I did whatever he asked always came in early, came in whenever he needed help, used me and then fired me. some of the other managers were nice people but this guy was stressed and couldn't handle it and didn't wan't to help me work and go to school .
Customer satisfaction is huge and I feel Costco has helped me develop that skill to use on the job, and my daily life. The hardest part of the job would be the restocking at night but that is also the most enjoyable part. Costco teaches efficient work and time management, as well as verbal form of communication between members and employees
If I ever needed a helping hand with a customer carry out or question there was always someone there to help. Very hard working people and excellent discounts.
Pros
Good staff parties and bbqs
Cons
Very very busy
A typical day at work would consist of stocking shelves and cleaning. i learned how to work in a quick pace environment and how to keep up with it. The management was good they are nice people and very fair. My co-workers for the most part were very friendly no complaints. The hardest part of the job was probably getting used to how quickly they wanted you to work. The most enjoyable part was lunch when i could eat the pizza and fries!!
Pros
you could make a career out of costco
Great place to work, especially if your in school. Management team were well trained and very well organized. I enjoyed lifting the crates and organizing the freezers most in this job, it was very fast paced, a lot of heavy lifting and lots to do.
Pros
Free work out
Cons
It is a fast paced busy environment to work in. As a cashier you have to be work quickly and be as efficient as possible. You must have good communication and customer service skills when dealing with customers. The coworkers are great to work with and everyone is friendly and optimistic, which makes the job enjoyable. Managers are understanding and easy to talk to if you need any assistance. Hours are quite flexible and very week to week.
Pros
Good salary for a part time job as a student.
Cons
Will often be on stand by and called in. Not guaranteed consistant amount of hours each week.
Costco management team worked well with giving my schedule the flexibility to have a work/life balance. Also the salary and benefits were great. And management was on top of any issues with scheduling.
Pros
wages, schedule.