Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

I absolutely loved working at Costco. I was a seasonal employee there for 6 months. Everyone over there was so friendly and helpful, I felt like I got another family. The pay rate was amazing.
I learned how to be responsible. A typical day at work began with greeting customers, encashing and processing their orders, answering their queries, updating them about upcoming promotions and events, towards the end of the day we greet customers and assist with cleaning the store. Management is very responsible and welcoming to new staff. Workplace culture is responsible and understanding. I didnt find anything difficult at work. I had issues with commuting to this place from my house, but that is a very personal problem. Meeting new people.
Pros
Sunday Premium, Workers Compensation, Cpp, Student Benefits.
Cons
Close to airport, far from university residence.
Very fast paced environment. A lot was expected to be done in a short amount of time. Lots of food was wasted instead of being donated to food bank and less fortunate.
Great place great people. Great managment good listeners works more around you than the company to make sure your great for the company and perform your best and great deals if you have a family.
- Very fast pace - You learn a lot the time you are there if you are a seasonal or full time worker - There are a lot room to grow in the field - Friendly environment
Pros
Great hours and you get paid well
Cons
very tight deadlines if you aren't quick on your feet
The work environment is generally good , however there are long work hours. The benefit package was exceptional. It does take along time to resolve issues involving other staff members. The management does try to relate with the employees but can seem to be "out of touch" with the hourly employees
Pros
great benifit package
Cons
A typical day at work included keeping the merchandise area clean, helping customers locate merchandise, loading items into vehicles, etc... It was very much a team oriented company which gave me the opportunity to exercise working as part of a team.
Great place to work. wonderful people to work with, great opportunities. Fast paced with plenty of opportunity to learn new skills. Many chances to try something or somewhere new.
Working with this company allowed me to travel, set my own hours, pick and choose my sales leads. I quite enjoy working with costumers in helping them through the entire process of interior decorating.
Pros
allowed travel, express my creativity, meet new customers
Cons
commission only, I wasn't able to generate my own sale leads
Learned cashier skills, losts of customer service, enjoyable to work at. Usually a busy place. Upbeat environment with great employees
They treat their employees there fairly well, they're always busy through out the day, always something to do and the food is really good. I had an enjoyable time working there. Thanks for the safe/friendly environment you gave me.
Staff are very friendly and supportive. They help you and they are very reliable. The workplace is good and you can learn a lot from the staff. They are readily available to answer your questions.
pharmacy is properly staffed. pharmacists spends most of their time concentrating on servicing customers. Management rules are more geared towards front tore. Front store management is supervising pharmacy operation more than their expertise would allow which sometimes cause conflicts
the store requires shift work for the needs of the business however it is crazy some departments how they require a close open close open .
Typical day at Costco (night shift) for me was rising at 3am biking to work for 4. Getting to work Signing in, Unloading pallets and other duties as instructed for about 6-8 hours a day. What I learned from this Job good team leadership and hard work goes a long way. The management was very good & I enjoyed most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the Job was waking up everyone morning. The most enjoyable part was meeting all the people & seeing familiar faces within and out the store.
Pros
Product
Cons
Thee amount of people in the store
Good place to work, pays well, excellent benefits. Very busy,sometimes chaotic with customers. Hardest part was retreiving shopping carts at -30 degrees. Don't like that Costco hires workers for seasonal then let them go, don't call them back so they don't have to pay them any benefits and therefore the staff is always changing.Therefore I feel there is no employee/customer relationship.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
hardly employ full-time
been at Costco for almost a year and so far so good. however the shifts all all over the place. close till 10pm then open at 6 then a mid day shift. its hard to plan around in advance the hours are not bad guaranteed 25 hours a week as a new hire but can get up to 40 going from department to department
Pros
great working conditions
Cons
spotty hours
Awesome place to work,great people and great environment. great place to learn from experienced people. and have great management team to support
Perfect job opportunity for anyone looking for a fantastic permanent part-time position with flexible hours. Costco has great opportunities for employing students as well!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working all weekends
Loved working here. Treat you really well it was hard work but it was nothing when you consider the pay and they way they treat you
My experience at Costco was a very positive one, the staff was very good to work with, fun and supportive. i was disappointed when my temporary position was completed.