Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

I absolutely loved working at Costco. I was a seasonal employee there for 6 months. Everyone over there was so friendly and helpful, I felt like I got another family. The pay rate was amazing.
Will try and take advantage of you and sometimes goals are unachievable. Others will try hold you down including management. Their system of doing inventory is brutal.
I was totally hyped about working at Costco when I first got hired, After all the great things I heard about working there, 3 months in I realize it was stressful, Highly demanding and the hourly rate didn't match the amount of work I was responsible for, long story short I ended up quitting and walking out, I met some nice people along the way but I also met A lot of rude unhelpful ones aswell, If you decide to work here don't go into it with high expectations for success like I did and don't believe all the hype, about the wages&benefits And perhaps most importantly try to just avoid working in the bakery department all together, As it's usually ran by miserable middle aged women who like to gossip and spread rumours.
Pros
Decent wages after the first 1-2 years on the payroll
Cons
stressful, fast paced, low starting wage, highly demanding, Toxic coworkers who like to gossip.
I learned how to deal with the customers.The management are good there and really like the open door policy. The staff members are very cooperative and helpful.There are lots of opportunity for jobs and good working environment.
Pros: Good pay Friendly people Great benefits Good advancement Cons: Hard work Stressful Busy Generally a good place to work with great opportunities management can be tricky to deal with in some aspects but do care about you
I was only a seasonal hire so I was only there for a few months, first thing I noticed was the welcoming and friendly culture between staff and coworkers. The job itself is well described as controlled chaos, your shift could be crazy busy or it could be a comfortable flow. I got to interact with all kinds of people, lots of very friendly customers. one thing I noticed was the amount of people who had been working there for 5,10,20,25+ years and made a good living as part of the team. It really goes to show that Costco puts investment into taking care of their employees
Pros
Free Costco membership, decent starting wage with room to grow, everyone raves about how good the benefits are
Cons
Shift start/finish time is very sporadic. Would be nice to have a fixed schedule
Good place to work if you can find a permanent position and you don't even injure yourself or get sick. Management is decent to work for, but very often you won't get credit for the work you completed and will get in trouble for what another employee has done mistakenly. Very stressful place to work
Working at Costco was a short-lived but educating experience for me. Although the position was only for the holidays, and I only worked there for a few weeks I made quite a few friends. Everyone on the team is friendly, the management team immediately made me feel welcome and they always had something for me to do. They didn't rush me into anything but instead took the time to teach me how to do the job correctly and efficiently. The hardest job for me was collecting carts, they are quite heavy and you must take 6-8 of them at a time but after a couple of shifts it got much easier! My favourite part of the job was packaging customers carts because they always seemed to be in a good mood and I had many lovely conversations with some great customers! Overall, costco was a great company to work for and I had a great experience!
Very fair pay and guaranteed raises every so many hours worked. They pay well and expect hard work from their employees. Good staff room for breaks. Management staff was mostly good.
it was a very organized work environment and was run very well. I got to really understand and learn how to work efficiently in such a high speed environment. The managers were very nice in telling you when you were doing something wrong and how you could fix it. The hardest part of the job would have been having to always have a smile on your face even when a customer is rude or is not treating you well. That being said the most enjoyable part would be when a customer comes through and is so nice and enthusiastic and appreciative of what you do for them.
Costco wholesale has a lot to offer with many opportunities to get trained within each department within the job. Competitive salary as you work your way up and work more hours as well. Overall great experience!
I loved working at Costco, so much that i am going back seasonally until they hire me permanent part time. I would recommend working at Costco to anyone.
Some supervisors will try to make you go the extra mile. Entirely up to how you react to them. Great pay and benefits. Could get rather repetitive. Always be on the ball.
wonderful people to work with, learn a lot of procedures on food safety, a lot of hours to make at any time of the day. excellent benefits and salary.
working at costco is really new experiance for me, after immigrating iam learning almost every day in costco working with different community people and learned how our smile and great to others had the impact which can change even the first meeting into long life relations as customers, moreover working in costco as team member is really positive.
Everyone starts off pt, all ft positions are based on seniority it can take forever to land ft. Pt is 25 hours and you are expected to be available for any shift 7 days a week Pays ok to start, top wages are excellent if you can put in the time and make it through the pt. After about 8 years you’ll make $25+
This job is hard in regards to drama around coworkers. Management isn't great. The hours are terrible, but the pay is good. It is best to get along with coworkers at all times.
Pros
Pick break times
Cons
Too early for working and can't balance social life
Good Place to Work, Friendly environment, Working in Costco is feeling like I'm working home.benefits are really good. open door policy is good thing to communicate with top management
This place rocks. I had worked there for just under 2 years and made a lot of good friends. Unfortunately I had to leave because the environment for me (with social anxiety) would leave me feeling very distraught and stressed on holidays, weekends when they were especially busy. There is room for advancement and they pay/benefits are great for retail. The one thing about the company is that advancement is based on seniority not necessarily work ethic/qualifications.
Pros
Great co workers and opportunity to move around in the company
Cons
Gets very stressful/overwhelming when it is busy
Very good management and team atmosphere when working with Costco Wholesale, enjoyed my time spent working there a lot. Flexible schedule and good benefits
Management is very good with Costco. They take care of their employees and provide many opportunities for advancement. They are very good at recognizing hard work and showing appreciation for it.