Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Waterloo, ON

This is one of the best places I have ever worked but u definitely earn every penny of ur pay there u get a bonus of 4 dollars extra on Sunday I was in merchandise to start out then went to deli
learned communication skills learned marketing skills learned various things about cooking and selling the product. made new friends friendly environment
it was a great place to work, great management. i mainly did my coop placement there and it was a great experience. overall a wonderful experience and everyone was so nice
Workload is balanced, always something new to learn, you can work in different department. They guarantee you a 25 hours a week at least. Hardest part of the job is that you are up on your feet most of the day except during break time. I enjoy the people that work there and the hours are amazing and works out for me.
Costco is a good work environment. The management and employees are all friendly. I learned how to connect and communicate with individuals one on one.
FAst, intense workplace, but shifts go quickly because you are busy. Due to the fast paced environment, they employees were good at training, not much given from management but then again i was only seasonal. However it was difficult to move on with the management team spread so thin to advise. I was only there for seasonal work and from what i heard from other employees they pay minimum wage no matter if you are seasonal or not. Not much incentive to purse further if wage stays the same whether you are seasonal, or full. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new customers as I love people and this is the place you meet all sorts
I really enjoyed working there and it was a safe environment. Everyone was treated equally and individuals were able to express themselves without a fear of penalization.
If you don't plan to work in retail for more then five years save your time and energy and work for walmart. They don't care about employees, they don't care about seniority, and hours are always capped at 25.
Costco has a highly competitive salary, great benefits, and a friendly environment. However, the hours are long and busy. Waking up at 4:30 to go lift heavy items isn't ideal, but not all jobs there are that early or demanding
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hard work
it is a great place to work that ensures that you have benefits of the help you need. the members are a little much but you learn to roll with it, a great place to work during school
Pros
brenefits and ability to move up
Cons
crowded
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costco Wholesale?
Workplace is okay, some of the cashiers were nice, some were rude and most of the front-end managers have favouritism and are not very polite. I've gotten sworn at before. The work is really demanding. I can't lift very heavy things so it was definitely challenging.
Pros
Free food
Cons
management
Overall Costco has amazing people working there! Most are hard workers who do their job and seem to enjoy themselves. The company itself offers a lot of benefits and really tries to take care of its employees. It is a great place to work. Not all department managers are the easiest to work with and that can make your day challenging, but the company is set up in a way that encourages you to be able to speak to those who are higher up to ensure you can work efficiently.
I gained more confidence and learned a lot. The hardest part is when you are asked to pack and you have to lift heavy items because they don't allow even big items to be left in the cart.
Pros
Executive card
Cons
Not enough hours given because of favouritism
I honestly can't complain about anything. There were really awful coworkers who would straight up bully you like you're in elementary school. There was some favoritism with management that was very obvious, but other than that it was a great experience! I sadly only was there for a seasonal position, but I hope to go back.
Pros
Stable and Beneficial
Cons
Mean CoWorkers
Costco provides numerous advancement opportunities and grows people in the direction they want to go. It opens unlimited doors as long as you have the drive to keep climbing.
it is a fun, and fast-paced place to work with lots to learn and opportunities to grow. there can be high stress moments however your coworkers are always there for you like family
Enjoy what I do in the early morning baking, and excellent company to work for. The hardest part of the job is the physical demands on my body, specifically shoulders and back.
-Front end assistant; responsible for signing customers up for Costco memberships. -Responsible for organizing merchandise. -In charge of closing and opening cash tills. -Problem solving and assisting customers with their needs. -Greeted customers and offered assistance to enhance customer service experience.
benefits