Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Victoria, BC

I did not actually work for Costco itself, merely working in the building for a independent company. but the staff were helpful, the management diligent.
The people you work with are very nice, and there quite a lot of opportunities to advance and learn new things, but at the particular Costco I worked at the amount of work to the amount of people there is isn't fairly well balanced, half the time work meant for the night crew is left for the morning crew and vice versa. Otherwise a great place with decent pay and good benefits.
Stressful and with no benefit at all. Everyone works really hard in Costco especially the younger generation and they don't even get free lunch. I was working for CDS Company within the Costco and had no benefit what so ever. After a year gone by, they gave us 10 cents raise only. That was laughable!!
Pros
No free anything!
Cons
Not enough hours. Everyone is part time and always we were short of staff.
Typical day at work was average. Consisted of busy work and repetitive tasks, but non of it was hard. Training lacked in many aspects and management was often hard to seek if you needed assistance. Most enjoyable part of the job was fellow employees.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Odd hours
Costco Wholesale supports and manages its employees very well. This job taught me how to be extremely efficient in a very timely manor, as well as improved my customer service skills.
Hard to get full time and not consistent schedule. Must be open to work at all hours. Hard to balance work and life. Management focused only on staff hours and making them as minimal as possible.
Overall, a good company to work for. Everyone starts part time with low wages but raises are guaranteed with hours and the benefits are good too. Can pick up extra hours easily. Very organized. Expect to work hard.
Pros
Willing to train for new positions
Cons
Part time to start
stocking, learned pallet jack use and stocking technique, management was okay sometimes didnt understand, work place was usually up beat, getting off early in the day was nice.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
lot of sanding
The company culture was great to be a part of during my time with them. During the Christmas rush there were always things to be done but management and team members made it so that the time flew by.
Pros
Great People, great place to work
Cons
I enjoy working at Costco. I work with a great crew and managers treat me with respect. Each store/ department is different but my experience has been a good one. I'd recommend working here especially if you have a positive attitude, there will be a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great crew, expectations are clear, job security, paid benefits
Cons
It takes a while before you can earn a good wage.
great learning experience, good people, and fun caring environment, supportive and helpful management. great place to grow and learn other departments of the warehouse
Costco is a great place to work. They offer great competitive wages as well as lots of job opportunities and promotions with in the company. It is a fast paced environment with friendly staff and good management,
Happy to working with team members in this company. Lots of training. Most of colleagues are very nice. Good of teamwork
Pros
Good benifits, allowance
Cons
Short lunch
Too many strong personalities in a small working area, very unorganized, very stressful, schedule would change constantly, sometimes without notice, other times when I would approach my manager regarding time off for school, she would just bully me into taking more shifts! A few of my co-workers were awesome, nice people, but the rest, well, I'll just say I'm happy they're not my co-workers anymore.