Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Vaughan, ON

I worked at the Vaughn commissary in the maintenance department and it was a great experience. Management was supportive, knowledgeable and generally just good people. Fast paced, long hours but a great experience.
Pros
Free Costco membership
Cons
The work itself is laborious and repetitive. However, management and coworkers are very friendly, making it a positive work environment. A typical day as a stocker/merchandiser involves stocking the floor before opening on a morning shift, and keeping the floor clean and helping members with questions during a day shift.
Pros
one 30min paid and one 30min unpaid break during an 8 1/2 hour shift.
Cons
Laborious and repetitive work
Working at costco is physically demanding and you have to work every single weekend. You're only days off are in the middle of the week making it poor work/life balance. Management is rude and has favorites. Don't ever get hurt on the job because they will hate you for it. The pay isn't good unless you've worked there for 5 years consistently. The worst thing is there is alot of gossip at Costco.
Pros
Free food samples
Cons
Long hours; Poor management; gossip in workplace
it is a divers workplace, but only those guys( you know what color) get opportunities to be promoted. they can do it by means. they do not care. Lots of turn over in maintenance technicians.
Fast paced environment, very busy weekdays and weekends, friendly workers, fair breaks. Worked as a cashier assistant placing customers items into their carts when they purchase them. Lots of moving and carrying but nothing too demanding
Great place to work.. Great people with advancement to move up in house.. The pay is good with a clean place to work.. I would tell anyone to try an get into costco
Great place to work and get exercise at the same time. The people are very friendly and the customers are easy going. The hours are not the greatest in the beginning, but new opportunities always opening up.
I liked working there but it got hard sometimes when the customers get frustrated. the staff and workers are very helpfull and friendly. but the shifts was kind of scaterd and random
A day at Costco can be great, to say the least, or a little stressful depending on the department you are placed. Working in the bakery is the perfect fit for me, given the lower stress demands of the bakery & we are only worrying about our department. Our manager is an intense manager but a great person who is understanding and will do anything to see you succeed. The Higher-Ups are also very warming and welcome the more they see you being productive at my warehouse in Northwest Vaughan. Overall, Costco is the best place a university student can look into for jobs and a stable income.
Company culture is pretty hit or miss depending on management team. Overall the chosen ones to be hired internally are usually preferred based on personal preference. Often employees are told they are "close" or almost "ready now" meanwhile its just an attempt to get these employees to work like dogs with no real advancement plan ever existing.
working at membership is fun and challenging. you are always solving new problems. if you work hard, there is room for career advancement. if you are loyal to the company, they will treat you well in terms of base salary and lump sum bonuses.
The people here are very friendly. You get to know people very personally which is something I like. The culture seemed somewhat divided. The fast pace and constant work allowed days to go by quickly.
Pros
Free Membership after probationary period
Cons
Weather Conditions
It’s a very physically demanding job, if you aren’t physically strong and healthy I wouldn’t recommend this. Also, this job involves a lot of kneeling, lifting of over 65lbs which can cause overuse injuries. Management, isn’t great they only listen to you if you’ve been with the company for a while. They aren’t very supportive of WSIB workers that have company injuries especially physical injuries. I worked at the 100 Line drive which is near High way 27 the Distribution centre and tbh was not impressed. I don’t recommend working here. Pay is not enough for the amount of lifting and physical work being done.
Pros
You get discounts for Costco membership
Cons
Low pay, physical demanding, poor management, Short staffed
I really enjoy working as everyones really nice and welcoming. I learned a lot about how to greet and manage with customers. Everyone is very helpful as they come by to see if you're struggling and they will give you a hand.
The production pretty normal, maybe it's only beginning, so still need to improve . And equipment system management is quit bit normal, not training, not ....
Costco wholesale is an amazing place to work at. however management is not understanding at all. continuously tells students to put school first but they are never considerate of your school schedule
The work you do is consistent and always similar from day to day. Per my experience as a student, management is very good and flexible to your needs. There is always work to do so your job is secure. They sometimes cut hours depending on volume of work but they never cut days. There are times that they might even give you extra days or hours if they need it but you aren't forced to take them if you don't wish to. Workplace culture is pretty standard. Generally, people get along as long as everyone is following protocol and completing work. There isn't much personal interaction, but that could be a benefit if you are into that. The hardest part of the job is the physical labour, but you either get used to it or eventually get promoted to a less labour intensive position. The enjoyable part is that it is consistent, you get good benefits, and people are kind.
Pros
Flexibility, and job security.
Cons
Its hard work.
Very fast paced work environment. As a student I quickly had to learn to multi task. Hard place for a student to learn more skilled tasks due to high volume of work, as work would quickly pile up. It was a fare workplace until the Regional Pharmacy Manager changed, which soon lead to a disappearance of company culture to promote from within. District managers do not care about retaining students once they are licensed. Store managers play favoritism in scheduling/promoting. (Lost 6 years of seniority with the company, was removed from the employee system while in school for rotations without being informed or contacted.)
Pros
High pay rate
Cons
Managers play favoritism
Costco has a very comfortable work enviroment where everyone gets along and everyone is creating relationships with eachother. the management team are very understanding and always there to give a helping hand or always there to consider any problems in your personal life.
overall Costco is a great company to work for, however there is room for improvement on many levels. I've learned at lot working at Costco. management could be improve in the areas of communication.
Pros
early start time
Cons
limited public transit
The other workers are very friendly and nice. It is an enjoyable place to work. The work always gets done to the best of our abilities. We try our best to uphold the Costco standards.
Pros
Scheduled Breaks
Cons
Crazy Shifts