Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

As Part-timer. It is great company to work for. They treat you with a lot of respect. Work hard. Always be punctual. Apply for Costco. One of the best companies in Canada. They treat with great pay.
Used to work for costco for over 7 years and the management team didn’t know what they were doing and everyone is for themselves even if they preach they’re a family.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Bad management
costco is a great place to work. people are very friendly and the benefits are great. co-workers are nice and everyone works as a team together. very fun.
The place was fine to work at. good pay but fast paced work and the management isn't even cooperative. Seniorities basis selection of internal hiring.
I had several instances of harassment working at costco. I was hired as a seasonal employee during the holidays and was charged with upgrading memberships and selling credit cards. Most of my managers were men, and they often made inappropriate remarks towards myself and other female staff. When i brought this matter to upper management, it was not addressed. I did not receive an offer to continue working beyond the holidays despite the fact that i received great feedback.
I loved working there. Very multicultural. Time goes by very fast. It is a very fast-paced environment. The work schedule was very flexible. They sometimes had cool events.
Pros
Free lunches
Good place to work..... Good pay.... good benefits.... good management..... Good hours.... good co workers....pay raise and benefits are adjusted on hours worked
Working at Costco was really fun since everyone on the team knew each other and helped each other to finish the job on time. The management was really kind and helpful when it came to training and understanding out personal life.
Costco samples are well loved among members, food safety training is provided- Keeping busy throughout the shift is easy if you love the product your promoting- can seem long and boring if you don't.
After finishing school during the week I would go to Costco Wholesale to begin work. Working there gave me a sense of accomplishment and responsibility.
Very Bad Management. So much drama at work place. Managers have favourites at work and try to protect the staff and promote people from same culture and religion.
Hard to get any advancement like full time due to seniority issues. Management varies per location so some are better than others. Slower times of the years hours get reduced so you're expected to go home early (they ask you to go, you do not have to say yes) .
Pros
free membership
Cons
Not stable work
I was a meat assistant so it was fun to cut, prepare and serve happy members. also, there were opportunities to assist in other departments. so lots of chances for advancement
fun and fast paced. hard work but good pay. management is a hierarchy and people are moved up in the company based on favorites rather than seniority that costco is known for.
Loved it here. Worked seasonal and the managers / co workers were great. Time goes by fast, work isn't too difficult ( some heavy lifting ) but it's overall great.
Pros
$4 wage increase on Sundays
I had a good time in costco i loved working there it was fun and easy. everyone was nice and it was a good place to work at for everyone and also alot of benefits
I loved Costco I was making way more than my peers in other companies and met many amazing people, the downside is for sure the heavy lifting plus hours spent on your feet. My body really took a toll and I could no longer continue after a none work related accident. I would recommend it if you love interacting with people and do not mind the physical labour.
Pros
compensation, co-workers and mangers
Cons
labour intensive, long hours
Great place to work. Great work environment and is friendly to everyone. Great for summer job and while in school. Sometimes get a late shift but other than that the starting pay is above the normal minimum wage
Working as a Costco member was an amazing experience! I worked with different age groups so I learned a lot of detailed knowledge about how to sell, how to engage myself with the customers, it was a lot of fun working at this environment!
Pros
Free Samples!
Cons
Short hours
worked at costco wholesale as a seasonal employee. experienced were fine, very busy place and it's a fast-paced environment. Management were fine and treated employees fair
Good environment. Good package. Kind to people and coworkers. Easy to go up in the ladder. Company to work for your life. I would recommend people to go and work.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Long hours standing