Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Surrey, BC

Very good work place with efficient team and wonderfull mangaement makes works easier. Highly recommended place to work because of its best benefits and encouraging workmates.
Benefits are great.Scheduling is bad, short staff on busy daysAdvancement is slow because of señiority.Salary is low, you have to reach number of hours to get an increase.Co workers are great.Some of the managers are great, others aren't.
An overall positive introduction to the retail and hospitality industry and you have a lot of opportunities to grow through their programs and departments.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Management cares more about hitting quotas than caring about employees
Job duties varied; cashing, packing, collecting carts before closing. Never a boring day at work. Management was very friendly and understanding; they wanted me to become permanent , but due to school I could not accept their job offering.
There will always be something to do. Most likely will have to do various positions and that could also be a benefit. Staff and management is overall nice.
All jobs start as seasonal positions the chances of being hired is 50/50. Great work environment, friendly staff members. Lots of perks to the job if hired on permanently.
Pros
Fun work environment, great staff and fast paced your always busy.
Cons
Low chance being hired on permanently
Costco is very fast paced and you're working around a lot of people. You should be ready to interact with many people in a day and be confident in yourself. Customers will usually ask for something and don't like to hear the word 'no' when you don't have it. Not giving a confident answer leads to more work, and more dissatisfaction from the customer proving to them you don't have what they want.
I worked in two departments it is challenging to balance , working overtime and a regular 8 hour shifts ,coming on call when either department needs help.
fast paced, seasonal part time work. would like more opportunity for full time when hired. Staff and management usually pleasant, but sometimes too stressed.
It's a good place to work when you're a student and only want to work during seasonal periods, such as the holidays and during the summer. They have a student option for working as well for university students if you're enrolled in 3 or more classes which is pretty beneficial.
Will be attending KPU for Crim , going to the gym and playing sports is what I do on the daily basis , hardworking , dedicated and honestly is my speciality
Cons
fun but very less hours, less job security seasonal for 5 months then probabition for three months people are still part-timers after 10 years of service, very hard to get full-time
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less hours
A good job for those going through college or those who love retail. The days are long, and some of the "old guard" can be quite harsh. The youth making careers out of retail is generally much more fun to work with. Getting time off is difficult, and you will not get weekends off. Expect days off to be mid week.
Pros
Good wages for retail
Cons
Lack of flexible hours
Good ,very good and friednly environment ,staff is very helpfull, the most joyable parttime job and also a hardest part time job ,manager is ok not bad .
Good
Cons
ood
Its a good place to work but being regular part time you don't get enough hour of work. People who work here are nice and cooperative and easy to talk.
good company that gives employees the opportunity to gain extra money on Sundays ($4) extra per hour. I really loved this job except for when I had to work up until 11:00 pm.
Hard work but great benefits, Lots to learn by working in different departments. Management was ok. Great co-workers, family atmosphere. Good pay, great benefits!
Costco was a great place to work. There were many challenges as well as opportunities for employees to get a chance to exceed their skills as employees. The company was very flexible with employees and lent a helping hand when a problem arose.
based on seniority, very nice people that work there however if youre a male, be prepared to be used for very physical shifts. they would get me to lift heavy couches, fridges, tvs, etc but i didnt mind. have to bring in buggys at the end of each night and sometimes throughtout the day.
Pros
time goes by quickly
Cons
very very busy
I enjoyed working at Costco and would have continued to work there, but I was hired as a seasonal worker and my term ended. Co-workers, managers, and other staff were easy to work and interact with. When I informed them that I needed a day off to study for an exam, they changed my schedule without hassle and allowed me to focus on studying. They were good to me.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
only seasonal
costco is a great company to get on with. They have many amazing benefits to both full and part time employees. Excellent health care coverage and pension plans. I enjoy working here and am happy I have staid.
Pros
benefits, wages, job security
Cons
physical job, fast paced