Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

My main job was to stock carts with peoples purchases it was a really fast pace job and sometimes hard to keep up. The people are really nice and easy to talk to.
Pros
Time went by fast
Cons
Extreme busy
I do highly recommend this particular location. Costco St. John's, one of the best workplaces! Great benefits, lovely teammates, and awesome supportive Admin Team Management (who I dealt with)!
I worked in the food service part of Costco and honestly it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Sure you can get absolutely slammed and running around for hours on end but the breaks really help divide it up and my co workers were all fantastic. Very collaborative and I miss many of my co workers.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Picky management
Costco is never slow. A typical day consists of preparing baked goods, and making sure the workplace is clean. The work is hard but most people are upbeat, and managers work to boost moral. The hardest part of the job is the physical strain; heavy lifting is required. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to taste new products.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Physical labour
The only downside of this time at Costco was the active participation of keeping the warehouse in great working cleanliness. Very understaff clothing department back in 2008; but that has since bee changed as I am now only a shopping member of this company.
Pros: -Opportunity for job advancement -Free membership Cons: - Work life balance is not great -Pay should be more on par with cost of living -Very fast-paced
It’s hard to find a position with normal work hours, and the company runs completely on seniority. Great if you like a fast paced environment, and are patient while looking for advancement.
Was told I was getting a part time job then I was told it's seasonal after I quit my full-time thinking I have a part-time job while I can find a full time to have 2 jobs
A typical day at work would be serving customers on cash, packing the shopping carts with merchandise, returning merchandise not purchased to proper location, assisting costumers in finding merchandise, greeting incoming and outgoing customers at the door, and checking receipts. It is a very fast pace job that requires high energy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers and the most enjoyable part is dealing with happy/pleasant customers.
Worked in the deli. They have focus on food safety and customer service. Working conditions in the deli were less than ideal. The deli was kept at a temperature of just above zero.
Jobs at Costco Wholesale
in St. John's, NL
See more jobs
Unfortunately getting full time work or even hours at Costco is a long process. If you could get full time hours quicker, it would be an excellent place to work.
Cons
Over half of their staff is part time. Most want full time
A good place to work, very fast paced. The very early morning hours are tough, still trying to adjust. Not getting the hours I would like , but taking what I can get. Pharmacy manager is great and co-workers are very nice.
Pros
Nice co-workers, Free Membership
Cons
Not enough hours
wage was good, and guaranteed hours. However managemnent at the NL location made me want to quite. Hated that location, but enjoyed my work at the surrey BC location
This company should have career advancement ,they should give opportunity to newly people who worked with them not just only to their long time employee.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Should always work long hours
speedy flow of customers through a fast paced work place. meeting the needs of the members while being flexible and able to complete a multitude of tasks
Pros
highly energenic pace
Cons
not fulltime
I met lots of people there and over all enjoyed my time at Costco. However the management were not too understanding when it came to scheduling shifts. They required you give them your availability status but then would schedule you to work when you said you weren't available.
Cons
Were not understanding about when I was not available to work because of school.
8.5 hour shifts little bit of everything you can do something different every day management was good to work with countless co-workers very flexible when you needed time off
Pros
good work environment
Cons
long shifts on a hard concrete floor hurts back and feet
I enjoyed my time working at Costco but I felt I was overlooked for advancement opportunities. The criteria for advancement kept moving and I left for a better/higher paying job. But would recommend this place to others.
Pros
Good employees, frendly enviornment
Cons
On my feet for the whole shift.
Great Opportunity for advancement, Great Staff, Great Safety Measures
Pros
great environment, great workplace training
Cons
odd work shifts
I offer current and new members information on the programs and services available to members and the advantages of these programs and services. I work both at the membership counter and I approach members at the cash both using my own initiative and when called upon by the cashiers. The best part of my job is the interaction between myself and the members. I am a "people person" by nature and I have fun and enjoy talking to people and explaining what membership in Costco has to offer. I appreciate the feedback from fellow employees, management and the members. Sometimes members do not appreciate the scope of my job and what it entails but most are considerate, understand and want to learn about their membership and how it can be enhanced.
Pros
working with people and being appreciated for the work i perform.
Cons
extended hours on your feet.