Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in St. Catharines, ON

Good place to work. Fellow employees are clique-ish and can be stressful if sensitive. Busy, busy place. if you enjoy a fast paced job to make your shift go by quick, this is the place for you. Good insurance coverage and pension options even for part timers. I would recommend trying out working at Costco if you're given the option.
my time spent at costco was carrying full timers who had seniority to slack off where ever and when ever they pleased. the work gets pushed onto the seasonal and part time employees. management was awful.
great place to work all departments will be taught to those who wants to learn great managers, always talking to associates great workplace to work working with happy people was always a bonus
Pros
Christmas dinner
Cons
advancement by seniority
Loved every minute working there, and regret ever leaving and going to Target. Miss working with a great group of people. Advancement was slow though, that's what prompted me to leave.
Pros
fun culture, great pay.
Cons
slow advancemtn
Satrt at 4:30 am. Drive fork lift dropping product for the stockers to stock. putting stock in the steel to get store ready for open. Lots of friendly people. The job is retail after open I like working with the people and the job. Hardest part of the job is not having weekends off. Bets part of the job is starting early and getting out early.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Not haveing weekends off
Lack of professionalism within management. Heavy and repetitive workload falls on hardest working. managers push these people day in, day out to do more with less time.
Pros
free membership
Cons
management & scheduling - always busy
Competitive salary, good benefits, regular breaks, good training and regular raises. Plenty of opportunity for advancement and good equality. Typically only one weekend day off (when full-time) and 0 weekend days off (when part-time)- but that's retail. Opportunity for relocation.
Cons
Must work weekends
They only allow students to work during the summer months and pay decent hourly wages to students. It allowed me to save up money for the next school year without worrying about working full time while in school.
Pros
higher wages
Cons
Long Hours
Great pay and benefits but the work environment is terrible. Management is always on your case about up selling and flow of scanned items on your till and many more. A lot of favouritism, I mean it is everywhere. As well as management does not back up their own employees and leave them paying for what happened to the customer even if its the customers fault. Will never work for them again. It is very stressful working there too, they are not considerate for their employees with health issues.
Pros
salary
Cons
Stressful, and frusterating
Costco has a great sense of community, and treats their employees remarkably well. There is plenty of opportunity to grow from within, and even part-time workers are offered benefits of the job rather than only being set aside for full-timers.
This place is extremely fast paced but that makes the day go by quickly. You make extra money on Sundays and you can stay there for years. Most people had been working there for more than 10 years.
good place to work left to try and start my own company with a friend , and it is not all what it seems to be, costco is a great place to work
This job was seasonal. It was a different experience working for Costco. Although it was fun and good, the early morning 5AM shifts were not my favorite.
Pros
Cons
Super early shifts
sell products to consumers, how to successfully sell and promote products accordingly. management was well organized, co-workers were older and pleasant to be around, job is very easy, being around other people.
Pros
easy working environment
Cons
difficult to talk to manager at times
I began at costco as a cashier and moved into a maintenance position to gain a permanent position, my position allows me a lot of freedom and a lot of work that can be challenging and fun. I work in a very small department and communication within our department is very important, we all get along very well. Our hours vary and can start as early as 5am and go to 11pm.
Staff is all very freindly and wages are very worth it. Good hours, and lots of room for advancement.
Pros
great wages
Cons
early hours