Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in St. Albert, AB

They are always open to teach you more if you show your willing to learn. the coworkers are friendly and most the managers are nice and approachable. their good at working with you if you are sick or have a family emergency. room for growth.
Pay is nice, work environment sucked. Senior employees will throw you to the dogs. I got minimal training and was expected to be able to do things on my own without being told what I was doing. I was not made to feel like I was part of the team. I was working full time hours while being part time and got no benefits. Senior staff does not care about your feelings and will ignore your helplessness if you cannot keep up
I absolutely loved working at Costco, would work there again. maybe in a different location. when i had issues with a manager i felt like nothing was done to fix the problem.
You could have the best crew in the world stocking shelves but if the manager they work for has no idea what they are doing, or abuses their position it creates a toxic work environment.
Pros
Flexible hours. Free Executive Membership. Decent benefits
Cons
People are not promoted based on skill rather their personal relationship with the higher ups
Costco was a good place to work, but the management would not hear you out regarding issues between employees, or disputes between employees and management.
Management is lacking, some who are part of management should not have been put into that role. Very competitive and two faced, you need to be buddy buddy with the higher ups to go anywhere.
It was a fun and reliable place to work. They had a great training program and really took care of their employees. The pay was good, the shifts were good. I have no complaints about this place of work.
Store hours are flexible with home life and is a great workplace culture. The customers and employees are always nice and friendly. i thrive each day to do to better the next as the atmosphere always motivates me, i would love to stay but sadly am in need of a fulltime position.
had great time there. wonderful people to work with and pleasant managers. very welcoming environment to be part of. the benefits are probably the best part of working there though.
Pros
benifits
Cons
constantly standing
When I asked what tasks I could do next they told me just to hold tight, that they would figure something out but they never would, and they never told me what I was doing right or wrong.
Pros
Cons
no team coordination
job is good quality of the workplace mostly depends on current management after recent min wage increases costco pay is no longer overly competitive but still slightly above min
Pros
fun work environment and team
Cons
management micro manages you
My manager and my co-workers made this a very enjoyable work experience. Work started at 4:30 AM tho so my sleep schedule had to be majorly adjusted to make my shifts.
Some of the best people I've ever worked with. They become like a family. Learned a lot about customer service, salesmanship, and working in a team. The fast pace can be hard but is also invigorating. Lots of opportunities and advancement is quick if your motivated.
Pros
Amazing people, Job security, benefits
Cons
Long hours on your feet
I loved working with customers, I enjoyed working with a wonderful team. I had to leave because of school but loved going to work. I learned being patient and as helpful with customers as possible. I was generally very great with customers.
Pros
Benefits, Great coworkers
Cons
Running out of boxes for customers, and a set amount of hours
The hours were very accommodating. The employees weren't always the nicest or fairest. The wages were above average, highly recommend as a place to work.
As usual there is more focus in management than on the grunts. And the grunts get shafted. Depending on the department of course it could be better or worse
A typical day at Costco included getting your boots on and gathering any other equipment needed for that day. stocking any displays that needed it and facing any that did not, and lastly, clean up your section. The culture was relaxed, everyone worked hard but conversation while working was common. Management was great, they stepped in when needed and had good working relationships with their crew. The hardest part of the job was getting your muscles warmed up in the morning once that happened you are good to go for the rest of the day. The most enjoyable part was the conversations with my fellow employees.
i enjoyed work while i was there i left because of other job opportunity's i enjoyed my coworkers and management was good complaints being that the expected workload/share of workload between employees is not well balanced.
Pros
good breaks sometime food is provided solid workplace environment flexible with hours
Cons
hectic environment busy and management does not defend employees/ no union
This was a great summer job that I learned about organization and great customer service with a variety of types of people everyday. This job also taught me about managing highly tense situations and how to prioritize problems in the workplace.
Pros
The odd free lunch and a great manager
Cons
less busy days would go by very slow
Costco Canada Liquor was a very enjoyable place to work. Customers coming in and asking for recommendations for wine/ spirits made me become more interested in wine and spirits. Before working at the liquor store I knew nothing about wines and spirits; my time here helped me expand my knowledge on the industry.
Pros
Fun Inventory, Pizza Party
very supportive to the staff and give fare opportunities to all staff. Give flexible time slot to the part time. Supportive supervisor and assisting new staff