Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Scarborough, ON

The store always is full of people. You have to move a lot of bulky stuffs in the store. And also you have to be careful to not hit the customers in the store with them. It is a very fast pace workplace and you have to move around a lot. And you have to answer to a lot of question from customers. And working there start at 15$/ hour, whether your are a cleaner, a cart pusher (very hard job), a cashier assistant, a merchandise.
I really enjoy working at Costco, all the employees, and management always make it enjoyable for me to come to work. The management is fair but reasonable, they are 9/10 easygoing however they will put you in your place when needed which is always a good thing. We always have fun as long as the work is being prioritized.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Great place to work. Employees were great. The respected eachother. Me when I got hurt they were really helpful and found another position for me. Would work there again.
Come in, work your shift whenever it is and get out. Pretty simple but harsh deadlines and workload is on par with the pay. In essence, working at Costco for a career may benefit you in the long run.
Typical day at Costco is always busy in the warehouse. Learned to work hard and efficiently. Management was friendly. Best part of the job was the people you meet.
Horrible place to work, no respect as an employee, and constantly having to rush to get things done because of unorganized managers. I for example was 6 days away from 90 day period ending when they laid me off.
if you can learn on the job this is the place. Fast paced doesn't begin to describe this environment but it's interesting how they are still able to please the Customer at the end of the day. Training is on the job, be prepared to ask lots of questions and get them answered. Supervisors are not afraid to help you if your willing to learn, and they are very positive.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
on your feet
Love working at Costco great people and everyone takes pride in their work. Very demanding and fast paced and must have a great personality to work here.
benefits
Costco is a very fast paced retail working environment. Management is always understanding and makes your job a lot easier. Would recommend this job to anyone working on their customer service or management skills.
As someone who has worked for one of the many departments inside of a Costco warehouse, I can confidently say that, I don't regret a day I worked there. The pay was good, about what it should be, usually a little more then average for your position, Managers were very nice and helpful. Work area was clean and people around you are very happy to be there. Benefits are very good, they know how to treat you well, all in all an awesome experience.
Pros
Work environment, vacation, job security
Cons
customer serivce
Costco is a fun place to work with. They promote from within and are very employee oriented. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with some unpleasant members, but in general, it is very fun.
Great company to work for, hard work is acknowledged and rewarded, good salary Very long hours, on your feet all day Attention to detail is very important
Great benefits, but no work life balance and difficult to advance unless your willing to sacrifice your social and family life. Upper Management is only focused on producing numbers and making their bonus. Not much coaching and training and most managers don't have an education in the background that they're managing.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Balance
A typical day at work involves ensuring the cleanliness of the clothing area and interacting with coworkers to delegate responsibilities. I have learned the importance and effectiveness of teamwork in achieving goals. The management is very accommodating to the employees' needs and the coworkers very cooperative in and out of work. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive and unchallenging work while the most enjoyable part of the job is the employees and corporate culture.
Pros
Great corporate culture, opportunities for advancement, pay structure, job security
Cons
Repetitive unchallenging work
Costco is a great stable company to work for with amazing hardworking employees. There is constant work throughout the week and double the amount on weekends, which I thrive on. The management are a bit oppressive but they do try their best to have employment meetings often to better improve our working environment. It takes a certain type for person to be able to work for a growing company like Costco. There are all types of people you will be dealing with on a day to day basis. I'm grateful for the opportunity of being able to work with different departments and gaining more knowledge of the workforce. The only downfall is the heavy work labour occasionally due to the larger volume of goods sold. Aside from the hard labour, I take pleasure working with members and providing excellent customer service and I've also grown great professional relationships with the regular members.
Costco is a fun, safe & fast paced workplace. Costco is a busy place to work at. All the staff are very friendly & also will help you with things you may not know. Hours at Costco are good & flexible.
Pros
Cheap lunches, short hours, early closing times, good pay
Cons
consumes a lot of energy
- I would be able to work 4-5 times a week. - I learned about different plants and soils. - My co-workers were friendly and helpful. - The hardest part of the job was to remember all the plants names. - The most enjoyable part to the job was being outside by moving and sorting racks and by helping others whenever possible.
Pros
Half an hour breaks, Helping others, Working outdoors.
Cons
I did not have any Cons.
Working here is great! I love working in a fast pace environment and interacting with our members. I've learned a lot from working here. Merchandising, sales and stocking.
Great company, great values Friendly staff Good hours Good pay Benefits Opportunity to move up
Pros
Good company
Cons
fun, time goes by quickly. management has open door policy;
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
busy