Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Saskatoon, SK

Great place to work Management and coworkers are fun and great to work with Excellent wages and although retail environment still enjoyable to go to work
You don't have an specific position, they will move you around. If you are not friend of management, they will send you to push carts. Pays well, but treat really bad.
Pros
Wage
Cons
stressful, bad management, no respect
always something to do and the ability to transfer to different areas of the warehouse (optical, pharmacy, etc.) with provided schooling/courses. frequent raises for all employees
Great place to work, fun and always keeps you busy. I felt like my skills and abilities were not utilized to the most potential. but would recommend to a friend anytime.
I was trained in the beginning by three people. I have been a part of the team since I started there. I can ask questions and I always get an answer. It's fair, and I enjoy my job immensely.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Soooo many changes every day.
it's fun to work in my job environment, Management is awesome. Full time hours every single there is something new to learn, Multiculture environment.
Culture was decent enough. Management was friendly, helpful, and accommodating. However it is a very busy environment, be ready to work hard and fast with lots of lifting. I ended up working on my knees quite a bit to stock the lower shelves as well.
If you are interested in working here, make sure you are physically capable as you will be standing and moving around on your feet the entire shift. Great benefits for sure though.
Great place with good people. Lower starting wage but if you stay you are treated well and there are many chances for advancement. Shifts in seasonal sales can cause hour shortage.
Great group of people to work with and excellent management, good benefits and pay, positive work experience, management cared for workers, safe and friendly environment
Costco pays amazingly good, yes... but they treat you like a dog... get worst if you are immigrant. Just check how many Managers are Immigrants? People are over stress and management are the worst ones... protecting their loved ones and giving the tuff for the rest.
Pros
Benefits and wage
Cons
Terrible schedule, horrible management
Plenty of nice people to work beside. I was a seasonal employee, and in my experience as such there was a high sense of competitiveness between other seasonal employees. Mainly due to the fact that at the end of the season they would only keep 1 or 2 of them.
I liked the hours of Costco for me. I worked the 6 am to store open shift. I tried my best to remember the stock and inventory items as to where to position them daily for the fork lift operators in the general sales floor. I had just completed my 6 months of probation and had a hard pass with my supervisor and within a week I was pulled into the store managers office and told I just wasn't getting it about placement and the ins and out of stock receiving. Needless to say within a week of this incident I was given a full time opportunity to a job I loved and took the opportunity.
Pros
Costco benefits and salary are good
Cons
One Manager spoiled it for me.
The pay is great for standing in 1 spot and putting groceries into a shopping cart for a while. Oh and sometimes you have to go and spend time outside collecting carts which kills time pretty fast. Not much to complain about other than picky customers but you can always hand them off to a supervisor
Pros
Competetive pay and room for advancement
Cons
Most likely always working weekends
Good opportunity for advancement within the company locally or internationally. Clean work environment. Staff and management are friendly When you put in the time wage is good Benefits package
Pros
advancement opportunities, good wage
Cons
work weekends
Management is great to work with. You meet a lot of good people who work and shop there. Personal skills will dictate how you percive the vast amount of duties and members that you interact daily.
Pros
Relaxed environment, great start wages, great opportunities to advance
Cons
Mentally demanding atmosphere, fast pace
Good place to work. Open communication format, extensive benefits and compensation, rewards and incentive programs. Availability of training and professional performance development opportunities.
great place to work, great people to work with. all about improvement and quality while having great costumer service. taught me alot about casual work.
Costco is a great company that will show you many innovative ways to how create a "treasure hunt" of products. Costco has the Costco way and is difficult to have them to anything out of the norm. They are a proven company that does very well for their shareholders.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
they will not take advice from anyone who is not management
The day starts: Swipe the employee card in,go retrieve carts, assist with heavy loads , pick up garbage in parking lot , cart corrals etc etc. At the last two hours of my shift I may get to operate a forklift and unload stock from the steel racking or stock shelves. I have also been trained to work at the Gas Station,Tire Shop,and the Propane Center. Management: Efficient,and multitasking Workplace Culture: As positive as can be due to some Unique individuals , otherwise most employees are exhausted from fast paced /effort work duties. Hardest Part of Job: Keeping a Smiling face and good demur when dealing with uncooperative or disrespectful members. Most Enjoyable part of the Job: The Company Infrastructure for possible advancement
Pros
Rewards for Christmas(Free Turkey), various meals for being safe in the workplace for extended periods.
Cons
Usual frustrations when dealing with the public
Working at Costco is a great opportunity. You learn new skills that are unexpected, ex:even as a grocery packer, critical thinking skills are a must in this line of work, you will learn quickly!
Pros
great people to work with, good benefits
Cons
this type of work can be hard on back, feet and wrists