Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Saint John, NB

Overall great company to work for. Fair wage and fair treatment. Would highly recommend working here. Great management and coworkers. 10/10 would recommend.
Multiple interviews, physically demanding, fast paced environment, competitive wages, fair job opportunities, open door policy, flexible schedule and bonuses.
awesome place to work! Awesome staff and management. one big family. management is very understanding when it comes to calling in or requesting time off.
Strenuous work however it was great to stay in shape. As long as you worked hard and did not complain about anything being too heavy management was quite good.
While they are very accommodating it's difficult to get even part-time employment here. And they will work you hard in the time you are there. Seasonal is great for students, Costco is hard to get into if you want a career however.
Not a bad place to work if you get a job in the right department. Morning Merchandising was difficult with the requirement to start your day at 3am. Hard to get the easy jobs that everyone wants like standing at the door looking at receipts.
Being connected with Costco was a benefit! The job was great and kept me busy. I felt very respected and appreciated as an employee here. I worked closely with staff and made some friends.
Costco is a great place to work. They have a great environment and they have great benefits. Management is always super helpful if you have any questions or concerns. If you enjoy working as a team this is the pace for you.
I have been employed for many years at Costco. I have worked in several departments. My experience here has been life changing. I make a decent living, have great benefits and love my Costco family. Thank you Costco, for making my life better, happier and stable.
There is a lot of opportunity to grow your skills within the company, there are plenty of department to transfer to. The workplace is full of friendly and helping co-workers to help you with your experience.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Early hours
You only get ahead by being a brown nosing gossip. Hard work and honesty are not appreciated. Rude members are allowed to do or say anything to employees. Some coworkers and most of management likes to gossip and spread stuff around. The only really good thing about Costco and working there is the pay and the benefits. Job is high stress and management needs a big overhaul, in fact the higher up you go the worse it is (for the most part). Most of the managers have no people skills. Praise is rarely given, but mistakes are quick to be pointed out. Saint John warehouse is full of sexism towards both men and women. There are too many husband/wife, BF/GF couples and relatives working at this location and favouritism shows. Work is very physical and requires lots of standing but overall not bad. Work/life balance isn't great, good hours given to favourite employees.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
see review, lots of these...
I wake up early to get the kitchen ready of the never ending wave of customers. This part of Costco is definitely a faster paced part. No time for stopping. It certainly doesn't get boring there though, anything can happen and my co-workers were very nice and exciting.
Pros
Kept me active, never boring, good supervisor
Cons
A lot of hard work, lots of heavy lifting, never stops, could get too busy at times
It is a great place to work, I would recommend anyone to work there. I enjoyed all of the jobs they got me to do. I liked the hours, my co-workers, my pay, my managers. I was sad I was only a seasonal worker. I hope to get rehired in the spring.
Pros
Great hours, great pay, close to home
Good workplace environment and great benefits. I learned how to provide great customer service and work in a team. Management was great and very accommodating.
Pros
Great Management, High Paced.
Good code of ethics and equal opportunity. Overall a decent company to work for. Good insurance coverage for free including dental , vision , drugs , life insurance and more.
I would arrive at work at 5 am, my manager would give me a plan I would stock all items in my given section and insert new items as they arrived using a pallet jack. Once the store opened I would either stay on the floor building displays for new items, or if a truck was late I would stock once it arrived. Otherwise I would pack groceries into carts, or sometimes push carts in the lot.
Pros
Free Costco membership
Cons
Early mornings
Costco was a great place to work, they were helpful with working around my schedule, giving me reasonable hours and job security was good. I decided to leave so I could start looking for work in the Electrical field.
A typical day would be me helping members to pack their products into their carts. At times I worked on cash. I have also been at the front door greeting members and at the "out" door to check receipts. I also have been in the clothing department folding and tiding up the merchandise. I also put products back on the shelves where they belong. I learned how to use a cash register and to work quickly. The hardest part was not always knowing where things went cause they are always moving things around. The most enjoyable part was the people I got to know and work with.
Pros
learning new things and being a part of the team
Cons
not knowing what my hours were gonna be from week to week
Costco is a great place to work , great people to work with ! the only down side is the hours
Back-breaking work. Everyone is really nice, really helpful, and the pay is good, but I feel like I am literally breaking my back with this work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
back-breaking work
Early hours, (5-10 am)Learned how to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, make displays look nice for members.