Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Richmond Hill, ON

Costco was definitely a great employer and it's principles and the way the company treats it's employees are second to none. The only downfall is some of the managers who don't follow the same methodologies as the company itself. You always run into bad apples but when it's a manager who can change your whole day, it gets rough sometimes. Favouritism was the biggest issue at the Richmond Hill location.
The only problem was the management. They didn't care, some employees would leave in the middle of their shift and management wouldn't notice even if it was a very busy day.
You may get the opportunity to work in different positions at Costco. This allows you to expand your connection by meeting new managers and learn from other departments.
Costco is good company if you are just starting off as a student, stay at home parent or retired. My pros: Good pay with benefits. Up to I think 5 weeks vacation time. You get good bereavement for a week. You get sick leave and disability. My cons: Hard to get in or keep. Too boring and repetitive. No employee discounts not even for Resto. Very few positions are available. Not very good work life balance. .
Great place to work at Costco they value your opinion and comments respecting your members and your employees and having a lot of fun working for Costco
Pros
Half hour lunch
Cons
Long day
The hourly/workload ratio is absolute ludicrous at this company. Seemed to me like certain departments would clearly be doing less work and are getting paid the same (if not more than others). Very unprofessional people working there and most higher end managers seemed to be pretending to care about the work and did not take it as serious as they should have been.
Pros
Paid 15 min breaks
Cons
Zero shift flexibility, poor hours
Fast-paced work environment with a great staff. Great management team, very accommodating and a lot of room for growth. Very busy environment with a lot of potential.
The pay and job security is top notch when compared to other similar jobs like wal-mart. There are plenty of opportunities to advance, and large pool of jobs (bakery, cashier, meat, forklift driver, cafeteria, tire shop) that are easily accessible should you wish to change
Pros
secure
Cons
physically tiring
you need to work fast and be able to have less than 24 hour notice with change of shift. its member driven and it good to be a member if you have a big family
Pros
free member ship for employee and their spouse
Cons
heaving lifting
I was a cashier assistant on a seasonal assignment. I really enjoyed working in the busy atmosphere. I was treated well. It as great place to work. I got along with all of my co-workers. I was trained on my job and I learned quickly how to support customers and other staff members.
Pros
Supportive atomphere
Cons
busy
Management is very nice. Co-workers are nice and helpful. Great benefits including free membership. Good hours and reasonable pay, they pay extra on sundays.
a busy day at work where I learn to be initiative with the work that the crew cannot handle. I meet assigned task on time with cooperation with other coworkers. My coworkers are in need of leadership where I sometime take over and the hardest part of the job is where coworkers does not cooperate when its busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when preparing the menu to serve because its quiet at that time.
Good employer with above average wage, decent career outlook. Good growth within the next couple of decades, and continuing business success as its membership grows.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
No weekends
Costco is a great environment and workplace for individuals to grow and learn and also gain valuable experience. A typical day a work would be is communicating with members of Costco by answering questions they might have on products Costco offers and concerns they have towards it. Also helping the cashiers load and unload the products in and out of the cart and helping Costco maintain a clean environment. Sometimes this can vary because you can be helping out in other departments too which can be beneficial as you gain experience. Management at Costco are there to help anytime it is needed and are there to help excel an employees skills by telling them what improvements they can do and what additional tasks they can perform in order to achieve a certain goal. The employees at Costco are very friendly and are there to help another co - worker when they are in need. Teamwork is a key skill in this workplace in which is a beneficial skill they can be learned from. There is no difficulty within this job because there are individuals around you that can help you to get the job done easier and efficiently. The enjoyable part of this is the fast paced environment that makes an individual be ump on their feet and feel energized. Overall, Costco is a place to gain valuable and cherishable experience in the long run.
Customer service and item return to shelves. Position provided lots of interaction with customers and co workers. Position was seasonal part time for the christmas holidays. Very busy environment and requires multi tasking to be able to service the customers.
They value education that they comply with the schedule of the student part-time workers. They give cross training time to time for employees to be able to experience and learn in different departments. The managers are nice and approachable. Everybody gets along and very friendly with each other.
Pros
Good pay rate, barbecue/picnic events
Cons
Late closing hours
It is a fast worker environment. Sometimes it's a fun job sites.
Pros
Free lunch depend on the items
Cons
short hours