Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Regina, SK

Some of the best people I have ever worked with, but most of the upper managers were absolute trash. My lmediate managers were great but they burn them out fast. Assistant manager and store managers were the worst. If you dont like family time this is the place for you. Oh yea and dont think for yourself they hate that.
Im a single mom..my manager is very nice and very considerate with my availability. Costco management in my location is awesome. So diverse community. Pays good and fun workplace.
Very fast pace. Can get very hectic when busy. Problem solving when interaction with members. Push for employees to sell MasterCard credit program. Manager very good. Co-workers awesome.
Great part time work if you're looking for some great experience and a great time. Starting wage is $15/hr and is $19 on sundays. Management is really outgoing for it's employees with the open door policy.
awesome place to work for and great people to work with.Had good time learning new things from such an experienced and passionate staff.Happy and fun work environment.
Costco is the best campany as for me because .frist the management how they handle their people second the co worker .we work together as a team .Managers are great !
Worked in Meat Dept. specifically. Pretty good environment, moved on because I'd had enough of being in the cold all day and around the loud machines. Also wanted to move on from shift work. They pick up lots of seasonal workers during the summer and Christmas holidays, which is great for those in school looking for extra money.
Pros
Extra pay on Sundays
Cons
No overtime if weeks are scheduled back-to-back
You will not see the benefits of working at Costco unless you plan to work there for the rest of your life. They give you horrible shifts that you cant plan around and sometimes they stop giving you shifts all together. (I didnt work for 4 months, blew through all my savings, and they ignored me every time I asked for hours and could never say when they would be giving hours again) Managers are unreasonable, they send you for your break when its convenient for them (usually 1 hour into a 5 hour shift) You will get in trouble if you dont meet their unreasonable quotas such as upgrades but also if you make a member mad from pushing too much youre in trouble. They act like you're at fault for not being able to do it when there are so many other factors involved like how you will probably never have a packer. you will be degraded by members and you will never receive any support from the superiors, member service means you are always in the wrong! Long time employees are more important than newer ones, you will ALWAYS miss out on opportunities over them and there will never be anything left for them to give you. My tip, do not work front end it seems like the best job but it is the worst.. only work in Costco if you can get a job in the bakery!
Pros
Paid more than minimum wage
Cons
Bad shifts, zero work life balance, unpredictable, unreasonable, you get degraded
Costco was an amazing business to work with, the staff and atmosphere were conducive to a productive work force. Costco provided many little perks to their employees.
Pros
treated the employees well
Cons
no job stability
Working in the bakery was a lot of fun. A lot of very nice people and everyone was always willing to help whenever. Having shifts that felt long made it a little easier with the staff.
Pros
good pay
Cons
always standing in one place
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costco Wholesale?
Biggest thing about working for Costco, is it depends on the region,. The store location I worked at hired very young students, and the management treated them poorly. Girls and boys were disciplined if they were even seen speaking to one another. FORMALLY disciplined. Not violating any policies and still written up for simply talking to the coworker while you were working the same till or passing by one another in the aisle. My best advice, shop at the Costco before you apply. The atmosphere for a shopper is pretty much what you will experience working there.
Pros
Pay, and advancement.
Cons
Heavy lifting and standing on hard concrete all shift.
I am involuntarily writing because this is a requirement. I don't have anything specific to say about the job. I mainly just encouraged passerby's to try out the available product and inform them on the product.
Its a very excellent environment to work in. Have breaks which is good to help us regain our lost energy and to give us rest from our duty. You work and have fun at the same time.
Pros
Positive words from supervisor every time
Cons
non
Like you all know, Costco is a very busy place to work and customer service is the number priority of the company. A typical day at work is going into work and helping the customers by putting them through. I learnt the beauty of excellent customer service. Management is very good as they are easily accessible . They have a very good workplace culture as you have a good diversity of nations working there and everybody works as a team. There was no hard part to my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you render wonderful customer service.
costco had benefits and could lead to more promising positions if you work there for long term, the team was very friendly and usually fun to work with
the pay is great but what will get you is the customers or as Costco calls them "members". They are rude, ignorant, and uptight. That's not all of them off course but just a good percentage of them
Costco was a pretty good place to work, if you don't mind dealing with a lot of people all day, every day. It is constantly very busy. I worked as a cashier, dealing directly with customers. This involved scanning and packing items generally, but also putting away returns, folding clothes, mopping, and facing aisles. It depends on how busy it is during various times of the day. Most of the managers were pretty pleasant, though there is an open-door policy in place if there are any issues. There were opportunities for advancement occasionally as well.
Pros
$1.50 hotdogs
Cons
Standing on concrete all day, lots of people
Costco's typical day at work consisted of me helping customers with their grocery and also carrying loads of grocery. The management was very kind and my co-workers were very welcoming.
typical day at Costco started at 4 a.m. by stocking shelves with various supplies and products. Once the store was opened i would have to help customers if they needed it.
Pros
free Costco membership
Cons
was only seasonal
a typical day * I would go around the store asking those who might not have initially signed up for an American Express card and asked if they would like to do it free of cost and telling them the benefits of doing so. whatI learned * your first no doen't mean your not good at what you do, maybe they are just not interested management * great person to work with, truly understanding co-workers * hard to adjust to, everyone has their own issue when dealing with a type of position and life can get in the way hardest part * was consistently walking around and not giving up and no on in the store, talking to same person I talk to previous week most enoyable part * it is keeps one busy
Cons
Couldn't stay due to personal financial issues
It is a relaxed place to work, although not enough that a person can be lazy. People are always friendly and willing to jump in and help from other departments. There is always room for advancement which is really nice, there is almost a constant opportunity to learn more and improve.