Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Red Deer, AB

A lot of physical labor, need to have good endurance for repetitive lifting motions, need to be quick and organized. Morning merchandiser need to be an early riser (4:00 am)
Pros
free memberhsip
Cons
early hours
A good employer that values their employees. Opportunities for advancement and several options of benefit plans. Advancement is fair and based on seniority.
Great place to work if you have been there for 20+ years. Management is constantly changing, they often play favorites and it can be difficult to advance. Can be a fun workplace, but they often change the rules depending on the warehouse manager.
During my employment at Costco Wholesale, I found that my coworkers were very dependable and easy to get along with. The management team was always willing and able to assist in tasks that required more than one person. They were also generally friendly, and if one were to put in 110% every day, the individual would be rewarded accordingly. Overall this was quite a lovely work experience, and I honestly would not mind working for this company again in the future.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for advancement, affordable wages
Cons
Indoors
Costco really cares about their employees and it shows. Great experience. Hours were great, training was solid,and they genuinely appreciate your work.
Was extremely positive and lots of skills were learned and plenty of opportunities were provided for advancement through the company.fjelfkekfifkrkcjdjdj
enjoy working with lots of customer to be served with. A fast paste work area and lots of fun having doing the job even the salary is not really good and not full time.
Pros
free food taste
Cons
short hours
Awesome place to work, great people, benefits, excellent pay, awesome and nice managers who will do their best to help your career advance and for you to have a good time working there
A fun experience to work in a big place with a lot of people, I learned how to deal with different types of customers. It's a different job and it has a lot to do and to learn.
A typical day at work consisted of making the store presentable to customers when the entered. This meant we had a limited time to complete our task. From this job I learned diligence and discipline and how to present a store to customers. The most difficult part of the job was working under a deadline constantly and dealing with heavy products.
Working Working at Costco was phenomenal. When I worked there the minimum wage was only $10/h but they started me at $12.75/h After 3 months you get full health benefits as well. The management is great and you get to work with great people.
Pros
good benefits after 3 months, high starting wage
Cons
good place to work, always busy, benefits available to part time employees, have nice xmas party diverse job force, enjoyed my manager and job mates, met lots of nice people,
They are a good employer but hard to make an impression when no one follows company rules. Make you wear steel toed boots when half the staff walks around in sneakers.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Poor management, hard to gain full time.
demonstration of different products. I learned to try the different products of foods and distinguish strategies for demonstration. I helped my co workers and shared ideas to made a better place of work. Hardest part of my job when I had littler work. The most enjoyable part of the job was I tried the costumer.
Informative, customer service very important, learned how to do property and water bills,
Good overall experience learning team work from the "buddy system"(being placed with a different staff member each day). It was a very safe work environment, plenty of safety training, and safety conscious management. The hardest part of the job was the waiting time between training to move forward with more job responsibilities.Such as going from only packing groceries to training for front door greeter, and assisting at self check out tills took 3 months. I enjoyed the friendly staff I worked with, and any issues were dealt with respectfully and immediately.
Pros
friendly and fun people to work with
Cons
shifts were subject to change frequently