Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Prince George, BC

I defended myself to management about their double standards and it didn't go well. They were trying to get rid of me. Write ups for any silly reason so I had to quit so that my resume didn't say I got fired. Very unfortunate.
I worked there for almost 4 years. I think its a great company to work for, only issue was getting full time, as it is seniority based. Also you have to work a certain amount of hours to get your next pay raise which is hard if you're only part time. On the other hand i think Costco is a great company to work for, lots of benefits out of this career choice. I learned a lot working there, and made some of my closest friends there as well.
Way to stressful got to the point where we constantly loosing people and the managers blamed all the work not getting done on us. We also kept switching managers around to the point where nobody knew anything that was going on till the last minute. first few months were okay but it progressively got worse.
Cons
You will be everywhere if its busy.
Coworkers are AWESOME, Costco knows how to hire. P.G. Costco If you don’t mind a warehouse environment (no sun and recycled air) it’s a good job. Morning shift is the best shift
Very fast Paced Lots of Managers and supervisors on ground Demands high energy levels Best part of the job is meeting people Competitive wages and benefits
early mornings are always busy specially as a merchandiser. There is a bit of politics when it comes to management. Not enough hours for seasonal employees.
The 12 years I worked there, I can only say they helped me a lot in life and has been the best company I have worked for or heard of so far. The follow rules and the law very closely. You will always get your breaks, and be asked to work overtime.
Pros
Employee free lunch
Cons
Alot of employees
Daily helping members with any questions concerns and enhancing their shopping experience. I've learned better how to communicate and serve in a retail environment. Management is great, you met various types of people and can further your career quickly through Costco. They are very accommodating towards students as well. Very handy when you need a job with flexible hours! I found the hardest part of the job was working on a concrete floor. The most enjoyable for me, was training in different departments to change up your work days and gain more skill.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Standing or walking on concrete all day
I would enjoy working with or alone .I love to work on time .I like hard work where it is. I think working with other kind of people would be fun too.
Pros
nice lunches
Cons
sounds good to me
Staff and management were all very friendly and helpful, however hours were not guaranteed for my position. Other than the lack of hours, it was an enjoyable job.
Pros
Opportunities to advance
Cons
No guaranteed hours
I had an awesome time working there, hope to go back next year again.Everyone is helpful and respectful, never had any issues with any other employees.
Pros
Cons
can feel like your back in high school some time (Maturity)
Loved working at Costco, was very fast paced and there was always something to do. Co workers were friendly and was an overall great environment to work in.
I have been working at Costco for awhile. I usually work as cashier assistant, cashier and sometimes go outside and help pushing buggies. Working there makes me learn how to communicate to people better and learn how to work as a team.
Pros
Free examples to eat while on break time
Cons
Not enough hours for me to work
Enjoyed working here. Had good hours that worked with my schedule and were easy going when I had schedule changes of my own. Also a nice group of people working there.
Working there was the best thing i have ever done in my life and theirs room to grow and make a life out of it!! The staff is very friendly, positive energy and working as a team.
Pros
Tuesday group talks
Cons
None really
On a typical work day I would wake up at 3:30 am and get ready to start work at 5. I would have to stock shelves in the morning for 5 hours straight, and then once the store opened I would become cashier.
Cons
Early hours
- Each day was different but always ended well. - Learned to provide and further my customer service skills working front end, cashier, membership services etc. - Management was friendly, mature and always accepted mistakes when made in the learning process. 0 - hardest part of the job... Wasn't really a hard part to the job it always got extremely busy at Costco but that is about it - The thing I liked about Costco was that the majority of the employees and management were friendly. positive work environment.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
was only a seasonal job
wasent treated good people where rude not a good place to work
Pros
not any
Cons
rude people
Costco is a wonderful place to work. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement for the right people and a lot of cross training possibilities in various departments. Although it takes a while to get to top wage, once you get there the money is pretty good and the benefits are excellent. Costco employes 50% full time employees, and 50% part time employees so depending on what kind of work/life balance you are looking for, there is a job that is right for you.