Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Peterborough, ON

It was a very good environment to work with. People were really amazing. My manager always helped with the product knowledge and how to close sales for the company.
It's a good place for summer jobs or steady work if you live in the city. Be careful that you actually get a schedule to get regular hours and pay. Costco members can be entitled but you learn a lot while there. Management is fine (depending on the department you are in).
Costco as a whole is a good workplace, unfortunately my warehouse was one of the worst directed. Management over the years have cared less over our companies values and more about the money they bank for themselves. Money is fair at costco allowing you to stay just far enough ahead, but the way it is run, is not enough to keep lasting employees.
I enjoy working with other employees. There exists a good employee team spirit. Other employees are willing to help and employees are very willing to accept knowledge and ideas from my skill sets. Management treat you fairly and they are willing to accept ideas to help enhance sales and customer satisfaction.
The time there was very dependent on team work and your desire to contribute to the job. The store is always busy and you must understand that you will need to constantly be on your toes.
overall, everyone from the customers to the other workers were all very welcoming and open. It barely felt like work as I would be talking to customers and talking to my fellow workers who made the experience not even feel like work. I learned a lot in how to deal with customers and what works best when trying to help customers find what they are in need of. The hardest part about it was probably just being on my feet for so long, but thats every job isn't it? Having the smell of coffee surrounding me was a very big comfort for sure and made the hours just slip away.
Worked at Peterborough Costco for a while as Merchandise/Front End a while back ago before I was freed. People are nice there and wage/benefits are good. But Managment is the real joke here. Front end Managers are usually running around like chickens with their heads cut off though and there is too much bullying/drama. To try and move up in Costco you need seniority or kissing butt through the roof. Also they are understaffed as the one who runs the building wants best building award so people have to work like there is three of them. The worst part is the merchandising.Theres one manager who constantly harasses you,even if you’re the best worker imaginable. He will ride your butt until you break. It’s so bad that if he sees you take a free breath he will run over to you to harass.He’s also creepy and confrontational. Worst manager I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Pros
Benefits, Wages
Cons
Managment
Costco was an amazing place to work. The management is super friendly and accepting. Costco pays great wages and always gives room to improve. The job is busy and always full of something to do. I would defiantly recommend working there.
I love working at the Peterborough location! I liked most of my coworkers. The food court is filled with fun-loving individuals. My manager would do anything in her power to help you whenever you need it! Always oppurtunities for more work in other departments. Hardest part of the job was probably being on your feet all day and scrubbing the floors, as long as you can keep a level head when dealing with exacting customers.
Not a bad place to work. The manager was quite new, so things were a little chaotic at first. The patients were sometimes quite aggressive as well, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Worked around my school hours. Plus the company really took care of their employees.Additionally when i went to school they kept me on as seasonal staff.
Great place to work and awesome pay to match. Lots of room for growth and love the staff and customers. Great early morning shift and lots of flexable
Typical day would include managing sales floor, creating floor plans, interacting with members, driving sales and communicating with buying. I've learnt several things about my self, how I work as a manager, what are my strengths and weaknesses. -how to motivate various types of staff, -facilitate personal and team growth by achieving goals -extremely personal and work well with others Culture is very family orientated, company takes care of employees.
Pros
Benefits, flexibility to move around departments
Cons
hours and working retails
great opportunities within Costco to grow and expand management was great, very understanding and strive for your best intentions flexible hours & shift bonus opportunities
Wonderful positive staff and management, I was responsible for the Maintenance department, keeping the warehouse clean. the most enjoyable part of my day was working with others and interacting with the members.
Costco Peterborough is an overall decent workplace but it does have a lot of cons about it, management is not effective or reliable or even trustworthy, there is a lot of "drama" in Costco Peterborough, things there were not done to spec as they should have been and there seems to have been a lot of shortcuts made to make the job easier which was also not ok, even in full time positions you are not guaranteed a consistent schedule or will never know what is going to happen, they do not work with your "life" schedule and only want you to really show up and work and could care less about your life and how the hours could or are affecting you as a human being on your physically and emotional level!
Pros
Free membership
Cons
everything
Great salary, hours, and bosses. Co-workers are always ready to help. Great place to turn into an eventual career if you would like to.
i like morning jobs like i work 7to11am part time. it is fun and nice to work there. the management is very good. this is a good part time job, i have enjoyed it. all people that i am working with are pretty nice.
COSTCO provides an environment where you can grow and it also provides the support you need (eg. enough staff and many different databases) to do you job on a daily basis.
I always had a lot of work to do, and a lot of places I could go to experience different departments. Unfortunately, working at Costco had to cease due to schooling and getting a job in the field I went to school for.
Pros
Great benefits, good wages
Typical day: Loaded groceries onto till to be scanned, them reloaded customer's carts; retrieved carts; maintained clean work area.