Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Great Culture
Assistant buyer -Corporate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 July 2018
A company that still has not mature. Always looking to innovate, all by keeping its core values. Promotes within and offers internal managerial development programs.
Great place to work.
Pharmacy Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 July 2018
Very fast pace environment.
Great opportunities.
Great learning experience.
Busy environment.
Very enjoyable environment to work in.
Great benefits.
Very competitive field.
great place to work easy to move up in company
Membership Marketer/ Refunds Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2018
this is a great place to work. Majority of employees have wprked there for 5+ years. lots of room to grow within to the company and wage increases with amount of hours put in
Pros
benefits, great wage, and bonuses
Cons
inconsistent scheduling
Not Bad
US Ecommerce Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 June 2018
Costco is a great organization to work for. Great colleagues, decent hours. Problem is - it takes a long time advance within the organization............................................................................
Pros
Decent Hours
Cons
Long time to advance
stability
Analyste (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2018
They have an open door policy
Great opportunities for the right person
Benefits are superior
Retirement program
Bonus for certain levels
Typical office politics
Fun loving environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
Costco is a great employer. Everyone gets benefits as soon as they are part-time which is unheard of in most retail jobs. Costco also gives 6 weeks off unpaid to whoever wants to take it during the winter which is great for those who want to travel. This is along with the 2 weeks vacation paid you already get.
Pros
Lots of free food in the break room
Cons
Lots of weekend shifts
productive and good atmosphere
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2018
I am glad to work with costco, positive attitude, helpful, busy and more fun as well as great and engaging and educate the members helping them to find their products.
Pros
Free Lunches, Stat and Vacation Pay
Cons
Short Hours
Only contract
E-Commerce contact agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 April 2018
I was hired as a contact center agent under a seasonal contract. The management and other team members told us (about 40 got hired around the same time) to not worry and we would most likely to get our contracts extended. Time passed, and after the holiday season passed, we were all told our contracts would not be extended, which was a let down after others told us not to worry. I don't have a problem with a seasonal contract ending, just don't give the false hope.
Fun energetic job
Forklift Operator, Stocker, Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 April 2018
Working at Costco is very enjoyable.
Great people, great atmosphere, fun and fast paced job.

Most enjoyable part of the job is that you are constantly doing something and often times what you do changes and changes on the fly.
great time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 April 2018
ive always had a great time working there and amazing service. customers always had a smile on their faces n employees always wanted to do a great job.
Cheap cafeteria food and nice setting
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2018
-Full, hot lunch meals for $4 or $5.
-Days can be quite busy and stressful, but generally a good team around you.
-Managing of people could be improved, as the morale and culture are not always the greatest
-Enjoy working with others and discussing terms / numbers with team and vendors.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Workplace morale and noise not always the greatest
Great & fun workplace enviroment!
Majors (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 February 2018
Every time I walk into Costco for a shift, I know its going to be a great enjoyable time! the environment is great, & the employees/management are fun to work with!
Pros
great team
Cons
late shifts
nice place to work
Baker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2018
good benefits and pay. management are always there to help. lots of opportunities to go up. hard to find a company nowadays that will give you good work atmosphere
Prepare to sell your soul
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2018
You will not have a life outside of Costco. Because they pay you well you are expected to devote your life to the company. There is no balance, either you are all in or you are not.
Cons
Awful managers
Okay
Production Coordinator – Marketing Acquisitions (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 January 2018
My working environment is one where there's a good sense of team spirit. A strong work ethic is obviously important but the human side is also important. I enjoy working with people who have a decent sense of humour and who, while they might take their work very seriously, don't necessarily take themselves overly seriously! I like people who are down to earth but who have a dynamic and progressive approach to their work. I really enjoy working as part of a highly committed and professional team.
Great company to work for
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2017
One of the few companies that creates a good work environment for employees. Great pay, great benefits!

Working at the warehouse is great, with the option of moving around to multiple positions easily.
Summer Student
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 December 2017
I enjoyed my time with Costco. I learned a lot. It is a fast paced environment and work goes by so fast. The environment it so friendly. They offer student jobs in the summer.
I'm sure it's a great company and workplace for most people.
Morning Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 October 2017
I got the job as a part-time morning merchandiser. I've been there a week and I'm already about to quit. Let me explain:

Let me start by saying, it's definitely a great place to work if that's what you want as a career. Costco is very good with advancement within the company. Work hard and you will move up. In fact, most of the management and head office employees are hired internally.

As a new employee I was just kind of used as an extra set of hands. I did not receive any training. They kind of just told me what to stock and what to clean up. After the store opened, they told me to pack carts at front end.

A couple of the employees noticed that I wasn't actually getting trained and went out of their way to show me the ropes as much as they could while doing their job which was awesome. It was just weird how management kind of just threw me into the fire and I didn't get proper training. Not even any safety training.

What I don't like about this company is that they act like they pretty much own you in that they expect you to have "open availability" and therefore are not flexible whatsoever. They refuse to work around other schedules. In fact, you're not going to get hours if you're in school which is why they have that student program. I'm not a big fan of this because most students need to at least have a part time job while they're in school.

The shifts I was given were 6am-10am with the option of staying until 2:30 if I wanted to go the full 8 hours which was nice. I'm not sure that this would've continued on if I stayed.

If you like your weekends,
  more... this job isn't for you because shifts on the weekend are pretty much guaranteed.  less
Pros
Fast-paced, pay
Cons
Physically demanding, No weekends
Good company culture
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 September 2017
Costco's culture is centered around the employees. Managers take performance reviews seriously and they provide valuable feedback. Salaries work headquarter jobs are low for entry level, but grow quickly.
Pros
Cons
Low entry-level salaries
Bon salaire et avantages sociaux
Coordinateur des transports (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 September 2017
Le salaire et les avantages sociaux sont excellents dans cette entreprise et il y a beaucoup de défis et de possibilité d'avancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2