Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Have been working for Costco.ca for awhile now, very much enjoy working for the company. They take good care of us and some sups and management do care about you as a person not as an employee. Yes, agree there are a lot of apps to learn, need to keep up to date on the ongoing promotions offered, that's all part of the job. Since COVID-19 came to Canada in March 2020 Costco has taken all the necessary safety measures and government guidelines and have kept us safe through the entire pandemic. Never worked in the warehouses, would like to thank them for all their hard work they do each and everyday for the members. THANK YOU!
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
n/a
Management talks the talk, a lot... but that's all.Lots of policies in place, they read nice but a rarely enforced.Have a concern? Watch your back, the boot-lickers are near, and most think of themselves as 'he without sin".Management promotes Igors (lot's of "yes master" types - see quisling)If you come to work to play and make friends, apply now. If you want to work and support the customers well and expect management to have your back, do not work for Costco.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, lots of fun
Cons
Don't fight for the customer, you'll upset the quislings.
Everyone always seems up tight.. some nice people, management not so much. Not flexible with hours. Hard to get full time, probably takes 3-5 years at earliest..
Most Unprofessionally managed Customer service Contact center. To begin with they cant manage training cycle in a proper way . - No Planning - Can change the location,timings of training on the fly - They dont have a professional attitude to acknowledge if there is anything wrong on their side. - Treat trainees in the most unprofessional way - Some trainers dont have professional attitude - they can judge you in most unethical way- Seriously i didnt expect this kind of caustic environment from an organization like Costco. I can go on and on about the way of working - All they care is about how fast you serve your customers- They seriously don't care about the customer satisfaction (Only Online Customers)
Pros
Great Organization
Cons
Worst attitude of some of the management -
Department managers dating, bullying, gossip, management playing favourites, too many cons to list. Everyone is always in a meeting, and the arrogance with some people is beyond laughable!
I recommend Costco as a good work environment. With the opportunity for higher salary depending on hours worked. Manager accommodates employees with their needs.
Pros
Helth and dental
Cons
manual work
Nice place to work, can be stressful but normally just fast-paced. Promotes from within so hard work and attention to detail is rewarded. Good pay and benefits
It was good. Fun, but demanding job. Lack of freedom, generally most people there are fairly comfortable so youll have to work hard to make up for them.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Extremely structured, manual labour
A typical day is very busy and we need to be very fast, focused and concentrate. I learned to be professional, learned many things. It makes you feel very professional.
dealing with unruly members while keeping the business standard and working in a fast pace environment. Food is very good and lots of staffing parkings.
Costco is a great place to work. They foster a team.family oriented environment where supervisors and managers are always accessible and there are lots of opportunities for advancement within the whole company not just the call center
Tres bonne compagnie pour qui travailler. Bons bénéfices, bon salaire.
- You become a machine within the corporation - productivity matters more than service interaction -because they are not being developed. Employees recognize that there is a lack of opportunity in their organizations. ... Managers who provide their employees opportunities to develop their careers are in a good position to retain their employees.
I was relatively siloed in the pharmacy, cant speak for front end work though it seems like the overall culture of the managers is friendly and accommodating
Contrary to what I expected, Costco is a very toxic place to work. No matter the location, there is always something that causes all the red flags to go off. I feel as though I am stuck in this place, no matter what position I go to. I realized it all comes from the top. Micromanagement, favouritism, negativity. All of it. If you take sick days, you often get spoken to. If you have an occasional conversation with colleagues, you are given the "talk". You have to work 10 hour days, but are only paid for 8. If you need stress leave, they consider you weak. They say they take care of their employees, but most salaries are not enough to live. They do not take into mind anyone's mental health, and think throwing money at you and increasing benefits for counselling will solve problems. Though my pay is decent, many people are paid less than what they are worth, because "seniority is the only thing that matters". Many employees, especially senior ones, are burnt out and not valued by the company, and they openly criticize things, but they are not considered. HR also does not seem to listen or care about problems, and just dismisses them as "growing pains" or that you "needing perspective". The open door policy is just on paper, but doors are often closed, and they make you feel as though you are always wrong. Don't recommend anyone to have to work in such a place. ** My job title is not the real one, and neither is the hire date as I do not wish to have negative repercussions due to my role in case someone from my company encounters this **
environement developeur de competance et travail et esprit dequipe
It was a beautiful place to work. A lot of processes and applications to learn. Good working environment. Supervisors are always available to support.
Costco Ecommerce is a temporary agency, Costco warehouse isn't great to work in and they will terminate you for doing your job. The other workers are great.
Pros
in an office
Cons
fast termination, over promising
If you are looking for long term advancement; its a great company! The downside is that they have a very liberal family hiring policy which makes it harder and longer for people to move up whom parents' are not the company's executives. The reason why this company will always have a high turn over of employees.
I've been working at Costco for almost 5 years now, and starting the hob was great. I had great managers and great co-workers, but now approaching my fifth year you get to a point where you have to decide if it's Costco forever or something else. Not to mention too that where I currently work now has been almost unbearable every day. Terrible management plagues me from wanting to work there any longer but that's just my building. Overall though Costco has been great for me as I said earlier you get to a point where you have to decide if Costco is for the long haul or you have other plans.
I enjoyed working there and wish the contract would not end though alternating schedules in same week was abit hard on my body to deal with all in all they do care
Pros
they actually care
Cons
alternating shifts