Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Oshawa, ON

After standing in line at a job fair for 8 hours I had 3 interviews by different people then a fourth by all of them again . I was hired but then for a job I didn’t feel was what I originally applied for but felt I should try something knew. The had use all work against each other to produce the best number to further the company and then at the end of the season after I was told I’d be hired I was not.
Great company. Great management makes for a great working environment. Positive influence from management. Accommodating and trustworthy. Ability to advance.
Pros
Flexibility on shift schedule
my time there i made good connections with my co workers making the whole experience a pleasant one. the management was quick to teach me what i needed to know and made sure my stay was enjoyable.
Absolutely no training, management does not care about hourly employees, tons of politics. Many people are unqualified for the positions they are in. Fresh was the worst, tons of people pretending to do their jobs then throwing the blame on part time employees. Over worked and over scheduled and under staffed.
The Oshawa branch is a good place to work as they have a very friendly staff. The manager was easy to communicate with, and the benefit plan is very good. However, the hours for part-time staff are not the greatest as hours during the day are scarce, and you never get weekends off.
great place to work with lots of room for advancement, generally work in teams to accomplish tasks. would love to work here again. fast paced work environment in most departments.
enjoyed working there, great people, fair pay and the benefits are great once you are full time.. managers were understanding and willing to work around your schedule when things came up like they do in life. over all a great place and environment.
As a student Costco is a great company to work for as they give you lots of hours over the summer. You can work all summer and then you can go to school in the fall. You don't have to worry about your job, as it is secured and you can come back for the holidays and summer to work again.
Pros
great competitive pay
Cons
hard to get 2 days off back to back
Working at Costco for the morning merchandise shift has been pleasant. Time goes by quickly when you start between 4 and 5 a.m. The current set of management has stalled with the development of employees who want to continue to climb their well constructed company ladder and frustrations are beginning to show. The other shifts and departments are flourishing with warehouses consternating opening and being constructed. Overall, Costco is one of the better companies out there.
Pros
Well established safe company
Cons
Early hours - no time off from Nov1-Dec25
No stress at work coworkers work in a team environment format, managers are easy going transparent supervisors are enthusiastic and opened minded and behave in a professional manner.
Pros
Mast be a dedicated worker who enjoys working in a team stracture.
Cons
If no Honesty and professional attitude you can be let go.
Very good salary and wonderful management. Benefits are great and time off requests are granted with no fuss. Employees are treated well and there is a lot of room for advancement.
It is a face paced environment, where you are dealing with 1000's of customers a day. Great place to grow your communication skills and on the spot thinking.
Pros
Great benefits and pay.
Cons
Working weekends
Company was very good at maintaining safety standards. All necessary tools and safety precautions were provided with regular re-training of new rules and regulations
Busy fast paced environment which makes the hours pass quickly. Need to be able to multitask. Effective customer service skills as well. Schedules released on a Thursday reflecting the next Monday's schedule. Didn't allow for a work/life balance.
good customer service, great management very flexible with schedule , friendly environment , fun experience at Costco, good opportunity, great pay ,
Due to the fact that I was seasonal and tried to stay on I had a unpleasant experience when they only kept people who had family or friends already working there. I felt they were unfair especially since some of the people they kept had made big mistakes and had warning given to them.
Pros
Good Pay, Lots of Hours
Cons
Unfair management
A typical day working at Costco would consist of standing at my sample table interacting with different customers who would try my samples and decide whether they wanted to buy the product. I would stand at my table for most of the day, helping customers find my product in the store. This job has definitely taught me how to interact with customers a lot more by asking them questions about the food they have just tried, meeting different types of people and dealing with certain situations at work as well. Our management team was split up between three different woman and we usually only spoke to them when we had an issue with the products, seeing our schedule and having them order more product for us while we were on the floor sampling. The hardest part of the job would most likely be trying to sell the product if you have a product on the table that people might not like, for example; New Organic Cereal.. It was very hard to sell this because not many people were interested and then at the end of the day your sales would not be very good, so its definitely harder trying to sell something to someone when they don't like it. I really enjoyed interacting with customers, I would meet all different types, some really liked to talk to you and you would get to know people because they always cam into Costco during the week. I really like talking to people was always interested in hearing their input on what i was sampling.
Pros
Free Samples
Cons
Standing for Long Periods at a time.
I loved working at Costco, it was close to home, had good hours, and I worked with amazing people. I was always excited to go to work to see everyone I worked with, the benefits and salary were great! Foodcourt had the best manager in the whole warehouse and I was lucky enough to be able to work under her :)
Eb games was a very busy workplace but it was fun because you get to meet plenty of people. I learned how to greet/welcome customers at the door and talk about merchandise with them. The management was very nice and always taught things very clearly. My co-workers were always very supportive. The hardest part of the job is making sales. The best part is talking to customers that like the same games as you.
Pros
great environment
Cons
sales
Retail is a very busy fast paced and demanding job. All duties are including general floor and building maintenance, worked as merchandiser stocking cleaning as per company required standards. Maintained positive attitude during stressful and constant changing environments. Provided strong customer relations in positive and negative situations. Most days maintained the floor without being supervised as a floor problem resolver from picking up garbage to arranging clothing tables. Worked support for cashier and food certified for the deli.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Shift work, busy enviroment.
The company is organized and keeps its employees apprised of any and all new procedures.
Cons
Takes too many years to become permanent full-time