Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Orleans, ON

I'd recommend anyone to work at Costco. One of the fairest companies to work for - entry level positions are treated with very high importance from all levels of management and they have a great open door policy where the managers actually listen to everyone. All in all great place to work
I really loved working for Costco at the beginning, but there was a lot of misinformation upon being hired about my benefits, i was hired as a temp and told would become permanent after 90 days, that did not happen, I worked 4 months and still was seasonal. Same with getting my executive Costco card, was suppose to get it after 90 days and becoming permanent but that did not happen. Thanksgiving all permanent workers received a free Turkey but seasonal did not which were many of us. On top of that took 3 months and a half to finally train me for my job on registers which was ridiculous, i constantly asked for 3 months to get trained. Cashiers and stockers were amazing to work with but some managers were just soo disorganized and did not communicate with associates or managers well. Ontario went on to lockdown in December and within that same week they laid off 50-60 seasonal associates with hardly any notice, they even forgot to tell me that the next day was my last day. So overall this is a good job temporary but would not recommend for forever.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible management
Great Place. Work was steady people were great. Wasn't very challenging tasks. Co-workers were easy to get along with until they interfered with my productivity and personal matters outside of work. Management needs to improve on communications.
Pros
free turkey, free membership, free lunches and dinners
Cons
drama