Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Okotoks, AB

Good employer ,good work place and good co worker.in my time i work at costco its been great and honor to works and they give support and proper training too every step o the way so thanks costco great experience from your for me thanks again.
Promotion is based on tenure within the company. Lots of different department opportunities. Easy to get part time, but difficult to get full time hours
Pros
fast paced
Cons
Poor inter department communication
great place to work - easy training - lots of opportunity - easy distance to travel to work - lots of diversity - various assignments - the hardest part of the job was when times were slow and the fact that not everyone had an opportunity to have weekends off. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with other staff.
Thoroughly enjoyed the experience and should I have started there at a younger age would of stayed. Demands with family resulted in my having to look elsewhere
Had an awesome Time working their, my boss was very accommodating to the hours that I could work. Always willing to help and we worked as a team. Some days were more hectic than others.
Good place to work, enjoyed working there. Hours were flexible and manageable and staff made you feel welcome making it easier to fit in with everyone.
Depends on your work location. There is good job security but as a result they keep some people who are lazy negative and contribute very little. While they have good ethical policies they are difficult to enforce so that is all I have to say.
Everyone at my workplace is very friendly and outgoing. Although it is very hard to get a break because of the lack of organizational skills they have. I do love going to work every day and seeing the people I work with and hearing about everyone's day and how it is going for them.
Pros
very friendly
Cons
unorganized
the best people you could think of work here. management gets a little confused sometimes but it happens to everyone. lots of opportunities to learn new skills and advance within the company.
i worked in the bakery so i was icing cakes all day. i learned better ways to ice cakes. seeing the smiles on the customers faces when you gave them the cake was the best part.
Pros
free costco card
Cons
early mornings
it was a good working environment with great co-workers, it was quick paced and there was always something to be done. i learnt how to problem solve under pressure and finding a task so i am always working.
Pros
very hands on
Cons
little to no water breaks
The day to day shifts were never the same and staff were always happy to work with. Did not always feel though management listened to concerns and issues when they were brought to their attention.
A typical day at work included working on the front-end, stocking shelves, and working with cash in the vault. I enjoyed working with management, and the overall culture was good. They had an incredible benefits package which was very helpful for the staff.
Benefits
Cons
Physically demanding
I loved working here, felt like family. Everyone (well except maybe 1 or 2) was very friendly. If you did your job there was no issues with management, if you were willing to learn and work hard you would get trained in different departments.
Costco Canada is a good place to work if you are looking for an entry level position that has a lot of room for potential advancement as well as fairly significant benefits.
A typical day at work you signed in then checked in with Management to see what jobs needed done, if there was no management available at the current time you would find something to do around the area of your department until someone was around. The staff were friendly and everyone was very accomodating.
I had a nice time at Costco, the other workers where kind and helpful. The manager was great and was there if we needed them. It did not worry me if there was a lot of customers because others would come and help out.
A normal day at work is mostly centred around keeping the place clean and helping customers find what they are looking for while answering any questions they may have.-
Costco Warehouse was a good company to work for. It was a very productive and harmonious. I gained a lot of experience and worked effectively and deligently . I got along with my Supervisor and my co- workers. My supervisor was approachable in dealing with our issues at our department and address our issues immediately.It was my pleasure to work in the meat department. I would have worked there longer but I had an emergency to attend to in the Philippines so I had to leave because I didn't know how long I would be gone.
Though the work can be tiring and brain-numbing, my coworkers and even management are like one big family. They are always open to hear your concerns or difficulties and willing to accomodate you. As a student, they have treated me with great respect to my education and mental health. They provide an awesome student program that allows you to work year round without having to reapply in the summer.
Pros
family atmosphere, student plan
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement, not many vacation hours
Decent place to work, great benefits, with advancement opportunities. They are a very efficient company and expect their employees to work with the same work ethic.