Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Nisku, AB

working with member consumer is exciting all the time. meet different person. management is very understanding. schedules are flexible. people that you work with are very nice and respectful.
Pay is fine with an extra $ on Sunday’s but Management is awful they’ll talk bad about employees and let said employees treat everyone like garbage just because they can. After being treated unfairly by coworkers I was told to grow up and get over it. They’ll hire you as part time but make you work full time hours just so they don’t have to give you full benefits. Scheduling is awful as well.
Friendly group of people but extremely fast paced with little financial reward. Minimum wage and eventually shifts cut to 5 hours per shift. Makes it very difficult to pay the bills.
Title sums most of it up. I was part of an opening team and was among the first employees the new store would have. We were given strict rules about sanitation and procedures to follow, then shipped off to other warehouses to be trained. We received two days of "training" which was just us being shoved around by the other staff and were told to ignore absolutely everything our manager had told us about the food safety standards and just write down the correct temperatures of food even if it was too low. If found out that the sheets are forged, we can get sued and brought to court if someone got sick so we always need to write down temperatures every hour. However due to the constant lack of staff and management's version of helping including screaming at us for the fryer not cooking fast enough, we never had to time to write temperatures down without delaying customers. But because we had to slow down and sacrifice someone at a station, we'd get yelled at for making customers angry. Our supervisor was caught multiple times forging the signatures and temperatures but despite being reported to our boss no action was taken against her and all the blame fell on us. No one there should have been in a management position and we needed much better training, and considering all my teammates said their trainers completely ignored the temperatures too, they clearly either don't actually care that much or don't notice. Benefits are great they really are, but it wasn't worth the constant screaming and rage by management. They also handled injuries extremely poorly and expected - more...
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad training, Bad Management, Bad Layout of Building, Preference Given to Higher Position, Breaking Food Safety Laws