Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Newmarket, ON

The business really takes care of its employees! Lovely working here for almost 3+ years! Apart from its competitive wages, flexibility for hours is also very rewarding!
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Nil
Overworked and underpaid Careless management Unclear job instructions Disorganized facility and departments Rude, disrespectful, and inconsiderate coworkers
Management cares more about members than their employees. Multiple occasions where employees were harmed or harassed and management did not care because the "member is always right" and they pay to be there.
Good Job, can grow within without a problem and the job allows you to work flexible hours and learn new skills that you can apply in the workplace and in real life
Costco is always in the running as one of the best places to work. Having had experience working at Costco, I can confirm this is accurate. - My role was ever changing, I was involved in multiple facets of the warehouse operations, including marketing, cashiering and merchandising. - The culture was great. Every year Costco would throw a terrific holiday party for it's employees.where prizes includes new TV's and electronics. - The hardest part of the job were the hours. Retail hours are all over the place, and my typical shift would begin at 3:00 pm and would last until 11:00pm, making a social life quite difficult. - The best part of the job was that it was ever changing. You have constant opportunity to grow within the company, as long as you are willing to learn new skills
Pros
Employee is well looked after
Cons
Retail Hours
I am very happy to work in Costco, is a wonderful place where you could have a amazing experience with costumer, different culture and opinion. Nice ,very busy place.
Worked hard and got my breaks. Never had an issue with raises or other employees. Atmosphere was polite and friendly. Made it worth working day to day.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard work
Organized, good benefits, good management, competitive wages lots of perks with discounts and free membership good work environment, i enjoyed my time here
Very friendly and a great employer! Love Working with Costco. I would go back any day! Their a quick fast paced company, that everyone loves shopping or working with :)
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Busy
amazing experience which ia proudly remember that,,i have learn a lot from costco and i will go back for sure because the job security is so imortant to me.
A typical day at work is fast pace, efficiency is a must. With it being a wholesale you we have members of all sorts coming to buy for business, their own personal use or even recreational and having happy members is a high expectancy at Costco, for employees. We need members satisfied and we do anything to make their visit easy and memorable so that they come back because they pay for our service. Enjoyable part of the job is that what ever department you work in that all employees are helpful to one another. Also from time to time the warehouse gives back to all employees for good work performance and excelling in sales. Hardest part of the job is to prepare for when ROM come to the buildings to make sure we are maintain and trying to excel in Costco standards.
If you work at Costco you can handle eyverywhere in the world,,,,,,,,it was a very good experience and I have learn a lot, but the hours is so tough especially the managers mostly give the better schedules by seniority of employees.and rates of payments in compare to the volume of the job is so so low.
It was the best time to work with Costco Wholesale team. Management was friendly. Bakery area was very clean and comfortable for work. Wanted to continue working but it was sessional work.
Pros
Lunch free
Cons
Worked at Costco on and off during my years of university, they always made sure I completed my minimum hour requirements while helping me balance school life and work life. Never felt pressured or like I was being an annoyance when putting school first.
Pros
Flexible hours, god pay, understanding management
Cons
busy work place
Working as a front end assistant can be challenging at times. Knowing where the product is in the warehouse, and properly organizing the members items in the buggy. Making the connections with the members who come in on a regular basis, you learn what they tend to buy, and who their family and friends are. The management at Costco is very supportive of your future endeavours, whether they involve Costco or not. You almost create a family there.
A normal day would consist of facing shelves and making sure the aisles are clear of clutter. Once the store closes my duties would include re-stocking the shelves, moving around pallets and cleaning the aisles.
A typical day is serving the Members on the sales floor. Special duties include cleaning the fence of empty boxes, bailing those boxes, helping front end cash registers or stocking the shelves/coolers/freezers. I learned that Costco has some excellent policies in writing that are disregarded by Management. Management are on a different level from the staff and they let you know it. "I am your boss, hahaha!" is a direct quote from Day 1 at Costco. My co-workers were mostly nice. A couple of them show you their true colours when they are faced with the prospect of becoming a Manager. The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with Management. They did their best to postpone talks, and avoid replying to inbox letters. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping Members.
Pros
Wages, benefits, raises, job security
Cons
Management tactics
A typical day consisted of helping customers unload they items onto the belt, and encourage them to upgrade their membership. During this position I learnt how to deal with rude customers, all while keeping a positive attitude. In addition, my marketing skills were nourished, throughout a typical day. Management and Co-workers were very friendly, and always willing to help me out when I was new. The hardest part of the job was memorizing where items were stocked. The location of items would constantly be being moved around due to new arrivals. The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving a free Costco membership and being allowed to shop in the store. In addition, there's so many free samples to try!
Good staff and great employer to work for, hours and benefits were a bonus.
Pros
benifits
Cons
limited lens ie. no high index
Each day brings you something new. Having the opportunity to meet new people everyday and learn skills that can help you advance (whether your looking to make Costco your career or if your a student getting ready for the working world) many opportunities are waiting. Fast and friendly work environment. Being flexible is a must.
Pros
Free membership. Great benifits and pay
Cons
Required to work on weekends as well as holidays when opened. No set shifts, must be available day and night.
They ask a lot out of there employees and give very little back.
Pros
free membership
Cons
low pay