Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Nanaimo, BC

Able to acquire new skillsGreat staff to work withExpectations clearly definedSupport from superiors and other staff very goodSuperiors were very approachable
Pros
ability to meet and talk with many different people
Cons
only option for work is seasonal - would like more job security.
A typical day goes by real fast. There is always something to do and something to clean. The hardest part of the job is that it can get monotonous. Management can be a little frustrating at times with so many different people telling you what to do. the social aspect of this job is really nice tho, being able to interact with so many people every day is nice.
Overall solid job. Managers are usually fine. The aspect of teamwork does create a degree of solidarity among co-workers. For a student, the hours are very flexible to allow one to maintain their studies.
Pros
Food. Wage. Hours
Cons
Difficult to get time off
managers are mean, work is under appreciated. get out while you can. wage is good i guess but they treat you pretty poorly, overall the benefits and the wage make up for the misconduct of managers, but it is to the point of of bullying.
Really enjoy the people I work with. Costco is a family oriented business which balances lives needs. Great choice for families and good people who want to work safe and be healthy doing it.
In a typical day I would handle cash, pack buggies and upgrade memberships, I learned a lot about merchandising and various new promotions, management was always helpful in assisting myself with customers needs and expectations, my co-workers were fun and very positive people to work with, the hardest part of the job was the fact that there was no room for advancement, the most enjoyable part of the job was the smiling faces of my wonderful customers.
Pros
free membership, customer satisfaction and my co-workers
Cons
min wage, not enough hours, no chance of promotion
While working at Costco i aquired a fantasticset of time managment skills. I love working in a fast paced enviroment and being on a deadline is what I exceed at. I am a fantastic people person and I am also a great physical worker.
This was a great place to work in, I loved the people I worked with, you always had an open door policy when it came to needing to address something with management, management was always willing to listen, compromise, co workers were easy to get along with, every single day was never the same. Always interesting :) The challenge was making every customer walk away satisfied
Pros
employees got great benefits, free membership