Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

My coworkers were all very nice, everyone was friendly, the atmosphere was nice and it was fast paced so the days went by very quickly! Most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I met!
Pros
Good hours, good pay!
Cons
Long days on your feet, sometimes extremely fast paced depending on how busy it is
my issue was at the heartland location was management. I had told them I need to work less hours because I had acquired an second job. But they did not care about me so I had left. Outside of that the job was okay.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management does not care about their staff
Management not fair regarding internal job positions! If you don’t suck up the managers don’t expect to move up the ladder at Costco!Certain Supervisors are Tyrants!
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
A lot of Warehouse politics and management favorites
Overall I believe I had a positive experience at Costco. I worked as a part-time night merchandiser. I left because my hours were getting too much and I was heading into my final year of university, which meant, I did not have the necessary extra time to be working late on some weekdays and almost every weekend. My hours usually went from 6 pm-11 pm. Because I was a merchandiser, we would stock and clean everything at night after the store closed. The co-workers were all great. It is a team environment as you usually get grouped up with other people in specific areas, but very fast-paced as well, especially during the holidays. You have to be on top of everything with deadlines and making sure everything is stocked by a certain time. I did feel some managers did not care about employees at all. It is a labour job, so there was a lot of "ordering people around". There were a few managers who were very good though. Overall if you think it sounds like something you would enjoy, I would recommend 9especially as part-time). After working there for a year, I learnt that It wasn't something I wanted to do any longer and the 1-year experience was enough for me. The pay is good, especially when working on holidays, but you do get called in a lot when other employees can't make it to work, or it is a particularly busy day/night.
Pros
collaberative, work freedom, co-workers
Cons
Late shifts, Repetativeness, Some Managers
Loved the atmosphere at Costco (Dundas creekside Mississauga location) very multicultural and everyone so respectful and working as a team Would work there again :)
Pros
Time flies as it’s a fast pace work environment
Cons
On your feet all day so need time to stretch end of the day to avoid sore back and legs
Always being rushed and management doesn't listen to you. Not a fun place to work. A lot of drama and dont get to enjoy your break time in peace.The members are also very rude to you for no reason.
A typical day at work is fast paced and collaborative. You'll be tested on your problem solving skills as you are trying to maintain an optimal customer experience for all that are shopping in your store. Management are firm, but fair. Workplace culture is based on customer satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the pace.
Costco is a great place to work. The workplace allows you to advance into higher positions. At Costco, you work with a multitude of people that allows you to connect and diversify your friend group.
I just started working at Costco and it is great. Ihave learned many skills from working at Costco and will use them in my everyday life. Th epoeple wo work their including my co workers and managers are very nice people.
I was at a location that only existed for a couple years, and so most likely because of loan payback which was most likely still occurring, management was trying to be austere while still presenting the location to be in pristine condition in terms of service, stock and cleanliness. This meant it was constantly understaffed, and the managers kept pushing to complete more than was physically possible in the allotted time. There is no union, and rumours exist of people being let go after the mention of it. Costco does pay a small premium over stores like Walmart or other grocery stores, which means they will constantly have new job applicants, allowing them to have whatever turnover they want at the location. I left due to the bad tradeoff of excessive stress for not much more pay, which no benefits, and authoritarian management.
fast paced, energetic environment, definitely hard to keep up with pace of work and new challenges, work environment that develops highly skilled, flexible employees that can continue to adapt and strive for perfection.
organized, profession and fun environment, people are nice, depends on what shift you have, I used to work morning 5am, so it took me sometime to used to the sleeping habit. Once you used to the sleeping habit, it gets easaier.
Very understanding staff. The training was done well and soon enough I felt like a staple team member. They acknowledge employee's hard work and they strive for a better team and back that up with incentives as well as coaching.
Great environment and friendly staff. Very organized and efficient in all manners. Employee oriented. Great management and flexibility with all staff. All hard workers, and willing to exceed expectations.
This is my first workplace in Canada. The work culture is quite friendly. everyone is polite and helpful. Supervisors and managers are considerate and understanding.
Lots of crowds and chaos. In management the hours are very inconsistent and do not expect to get weekends or consecutive days off. But the pay is good.
Its a nice clean and organized environment to work at. Everything's divides equally. Everyone knows what their doing its a perfect opportunity and gain experience workplace to apply for
Met some wonderful people, still visit the location when I am able. It was a good experience. I needed to have consecutive days off to visit my elderly mother, which wasn't always possible with the schedule.
All employees and management are very helpful for the limited time I worked there! Customers are also nice and the work is a little laborious, but I enjoyed it. So, I would recommend Costco to anyone who needs to work a seasonal job around Christmas.
At the end of my short seasonal employment, I was very satisfied working there. I would have stayed granted they needed me after the seasonal contract.
a typical shift you would clock in, be assigned your isle to stock and you would have to complete them in an amount of time. managers would usually ask very often to help other co workers complete there task.