Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Workplace culture
Stocker, Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2018
Great workplace environment. Friendly managers and supervisors who are always ready to help you learn and excel in your position. A great company to work with.
good salary but stressful job environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2018
come to pharmacy with lots of Rx to count and dispense. Because of the volume of the prescriptions and long work hours some times, it is bit stressful and frustrating
Pros
good salary
Seniority trumps all.
Foklift Operator/Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2018
If you don't plan on being there for the rest of your life then don't bother. You start at minimum wage and get a 50 cent raise every 800 hours worked. On top of that those that have earned the top scale wage will continuously find ways to do less and less work making it seem like you're getting payed less to do more than other people. Very frustrating system.
Pros
paid break
Cons
random scheduling, sloppy management
It's a good temporary job if you are still in highschool
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2017
I worked in the sampling department, and it wasn't the best experience the breaks were awful but it was an easy job it doesn't require a lot of work but it is eight hours of standing with just one break.
Hardwork
Service Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 September 2017
This job pushes you to your limits and expects a lot from each employee. This job entitled me to hard work, but felt rewarding as Costco shows its appreciation to its employees.
Decent, but Insecure Labour
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2017
Decent job, however after the probationary period management decided to lay off all the seasonal employees to cut costs, and without prior notice. Otherwise the managers and other employees were very helpful with training, and never made any unreasonable demands out of the seasonal (new part-time) workers.
Pros
Cheap lunches, good pay, fun work environment, free membership
Cons
Long hours, insecure employment, membership valid through employment only
productive and fun workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 June 2017
Costco is a good place to work when you are trying for find some skills to put on to your resume. I enjoyed working at Costco because the people there are really nice and the management system is not as bad other places.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
Fast paced, never bored but hard work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2017
Good place to work, good benefits. The management is very flexible with you if you're flexible with them, although it's very unorganized and messy at times.
Great place of work.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2017
A typical day is fast pace and demanding. With this job I have learned lots from adapting new skills to improving customer service relations. The culture is very warming treating employees as family. I would say the hardest part of the job is labour itself, after awhile the heavy lifting can take a toll, but on the bright side a gym membership isn't needed.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Heavy lifting
it is ok
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 May 2017
no issues in the workplace that I work at, the pay is alright.
learn the basic of handling and dealing with members on a daily basis. Sometimes there are a bit of politics going on but i try to stay out of it
Productive and rewarding
Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2017
Costco is a secure and rewarding company that offers great member service and experience and opportunity for advancement for its employees building character, integrity and a solid work ethic
Pros
Challenging, secure and rewarding
Cons
Hectic work environment
helping cashier
Mississauga, On Packer/Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
i like working with others and returning things to there places helping to the stuff people buy in the cart and check if they need any help taking them to there cars
Fun working there and nice people
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2017
Worked hard, communicate,social,early person there before time sometimes. culture or the workplace i great. rude people and getting to meet new people
adventures of costco
Part-Time / Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2017
The most comfortable idea of working with and for Costco Wholesale is that every passing day will always be a little different then the last. keeping you on your toes and further allowing you to learn and grow in an department that you have been assigned to, or are looking to work in.
Pros
Meeting many people, occasional free lunches
It is very helpful
Pharmacy clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2017
ndeed is on the ascendant: lots of growth, lots of cool new projects, tons of interesting work and opportunity.
The challenge of that, is that growth means lots of people are new, and lots of things don't have a clear process yet, and we're being a bit messy and scrambling. But that's part of the fun, if you look at it the right way
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2017
Face pace in environment is a typical day at Costco . My most enjoyable time at work is pleasing and satisfying the customer and make sure their needs are meet .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Have to work weekends
Great Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2017
Learned excellent customer service

Workplace was safe, and I never had any trouble with my coworkers

Being able to work different jobs with in the warehouse made the job interesting, always learning something new

CSRP Program is really good allowed me to be able to go to school and work during summer and winter breaks, and reading weeks.

When I was ready to work part time they switched me over and gave me hours, and when I needed to cut back on hours all I had to do was ask.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good Management, Competitive Salary, Good Benefits
Fun Workplace
Service Delivery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2017
Hardworking place, management makes sure everybody is on top of their duties.
Time management is a huge key when working.
Team-orientated environment so you must be able to work well with others.
Faced paced place
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2017
I was seasonal employee. I worked whatever they asked and whatever hours were assigned to me. I was on time and did productive work. Co-workers are very friendly and managers were satisfied with my work.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No one says that I am no longer working there, just didn't have my schedule and didn't go to work anymore
great first job
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
As a parking lot attendant I learned a lot about the and how hard it is to work in. A typical day at work is a light way of putting it because you never know how difficult the next day could be. Its you against mother nature. My favorite part of the job is being able to enjoy the summer time and talk with the members.
Pros
free drinks in the summer and cold gear for harsh winters
Cons
outdoor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2