Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Medicine Hat, AB

Show up and do your job. Great people to work for. Very understanding. Stressful at times. Able to leave if not busy, and still keep your job. Hours can be there if needed.
Most employees were very nice and good to work with. Some managers thought they were gods and very nasty to anyone beneath them. One manager in particular treated the young kids extremely poor. And if you said anything you ended up with a target on your back.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor treatment, all late shifts
I really enjoy the fast paced environment at Costco, the food court and front end are my two favourite places to work! I love seeing members happy and walking away with smiles on their face from their services. Members are never grouchy and if they are it’s easy to cheer them up! I love it and would recommend anyone to apply to work here!!
Both face-paced at time to quite slow (depends on your location), consists of quite a lot of walking and standing. The constant switching out between positions made work days more exciting.
Costco was my first proper job, they were understanding and very helpful in day to day work. I was in for a seasonal but ended up being able to stay afterwards and felt very welcome. Overall Costco is a great place to work.
Remember to say thank you, Awesome food I used to work for Costco and would like to Go to work there again if I get chance Highly recommended, I really enjoyed my time. When I worked there
There was plenty to do to stay busy. Worked with moving around pallets of products with pallet jacks. There wasn't much interaction with other workers most days. everyone was pretty spread out through the warehouse.
Pros
I could choose when to take my break.
Cons
Not much interaction with other employees outside of break times so not much help when needed.
There needs to be more upper management watching our managers. There is a manager who is inappropriate with female staff and customers, if you try to talk to him about an actual work issue, he just yells at you. He needs to be supervised better because this type of behaviour ruins the workplace for everyone. Anything goes at Costco, but the pay is good. I will say I have noticed everybody gains weight after working at Costco for a long time, there’s so much bad food to buy and the only food to buy on break is fast food.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Anything goes
lifted heavy objects, learned responsibility by working by my self, management was ok, not the best but nowhere has great management. The workplace culture was pretty relaxed as the job was not complex at all, but people who worked there tend to complain about how "hard" the job was. The hardest part of the job was the amount of physical labor and having to deal with customers that just like to get in the way. the most enjoyable part of the job was when the store was closed and there were no customers so you could get the work done fast and efficiently.
amazing company with great people and manager .i love how they treat there employees and i love how they paid them too.I Can't complain at all but a good feedback to this company
I learned about the merchandise and equipment at Costco, I had the opportunity to train on the forklift and skud. The overall workplace is super friendly, my co-workers and supervisors were awesome to work and talk with. Management was very understanding about scheduling around school hours. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with my hands, lifting and feeling satisfied with how much I worked.
Most shifts are between 5-8.5 hours long, good amount of break time, always learning something new, great co-workers always a pleasure to be around, almost all of the managers were very kind and friendly!
Room to advance. Many departments to train and learn from. Friendly people to work with and it's always good to enjoy our customers
Efficient staff and management.Each and every staff member obeys law and follows company's policy .Very friendly place to work.