Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in London, ON

Not bad for part time job, but the pay was too low, I accepted it because i needed to work to pay my bills, i worked the Christmas season as a night stocker, even though i have a lot of skills/experience, I did not mind to work whatever to get payed, because i needed to.The work environment was good and i enjoyed it, but eventually i had to quit to a better pay opportunity.And yes, if they give me more hours and a better pay I will work at Costco again
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Low Pay
If you work part time here good luck. They refuse to work with your other job hours because we all know part time isn’t enough these days, they want Costco to be your primary job. They make it super difficult to get another job and never work with you about anything when it comes to more hours or other positions. Certain people who are in management that shouldn’t be.
Pros
Great People
Cons
I worked at the North Costco it’s not the best place to work, they’re constantly changing the schedules around and always asking by you to come in early or stay late. They don’t tell you in the interview process that when they hire you you’ll be seasonal and it takes about 5-6 years to become a full-time employee if you’re lucky. I only worked there for a few months during covid because I needed the money but I won’t go back. The only good thing is that they’re generous with their breaks when working and most staff are friendly but it does feel like a very click-ie environment. They also pressure you very hard on upgrading memberships from gold to executive, if you aren’t good at sales don’t work here because they’ll cut you loose real quick if you don’t get enough numbers. Half the time when I was talking to people that English was a second language I felt like I was taking advantage of them about upgrading their membership or getting a MasterCard and one of the programs people would come and take over and talk them into it. They wouldn’t know how to say no so they just sign up, it’s very wrong. You also have to work late hours and your hours are all over the place. If you have a family don’t work here because they won’t work around your schedule, when I had to do inventory I would start at 3pm and go home at 1am. It was ridiculous, I never got to see my family, they always stick the new people on the worst shifts. DO NOT WORK AT COSTCO, horrible company.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Long hours, low pay, bad management, bad scheduling, late nights, not guaranteed a job after contract end.
They work you to the bone, saying that to "stand out" and get a permanent position, you need to prove yourself. So you say yes to everything and work many hours (while you're "cheap" to the company) in whatever position they put you in ("don't worry about sales goals, today we need you here"). At the end of your contract, they will spit you out, because you didnt sell enough memberships and because they have no openings and it's really hard to become full-time - when in reality they will need people but will just hire new seasonals.
Cons
cut-throat environment, overly competitive collegues - most of all don't even bother getting to know seasonals
Job was fast paced and hard work but staff was friendly and helpful. Easy to understand and simple expectations made work fairly stress free. Recommend this position if you are a student searching for work.
I have been through a lot both in and outside of work. The atmosphere is always changing, and as long as you can pull through the punches, it can be very rewarding.
Depends on the warehouse that you work at, they all have a different atmosphere. Being able to adapt is a big part of being able to work for Costco too.
not somewhere i could see a future, didnt get much training and everyone was in a big hurry, and no trust factor, searched staff every night. not sure if it is the safe for full time staff
I had a blast working for Costco as it taught me how to work in a fast paced environment and also taught me that teamwork gets jobs that are tough done faster.
At the location that I worked at, I met VARIOUS people that were amazing individuals with a lot of heart. We became a family. There was not a person in that building I did not love. Obviously there were maybe a couple people I didn't gel with, but I had the ability to move from place to place so I didn't have to be around those people unless I needed to. It was a very fast paced environment and sometimes I feel like the management were slightly disorganized and a little bit on an ego trip. For the most part though, the good definitely outweighed the bad.
Pros
Fellow Co-workers, Lots of cake, BBQs
Cons
Sporadic work schedule, sales was extremely competitive.
Staff have no respect for eachother, the senior employees that have been there longer act like they are kings and queens and put newer staff down. They constantly brag about all the seniority they have and talk poorly of others constantly. Toxic work environment
This job as cashier/front end assistant is very fast paced and you are not guaranteed a packer. If you do not have a packer they expect you to be the cashier and the packer and still meet efficiency goals. Hard on the hands/wrists/back etc. Management was sometimes rude and unorganized. Breaks are not on time. Management is like a cult and they only follow company rules when convenient to them. Very stressful for a minimum wage job.
Overall a great experience. I was a student while working here and Worked well around my busy university schedule. They staff were all great to work alongside and I would happily recommend this to others.
No interest to respect all cultures. Suffered form racism by a low qualified pharmacy manager. Don't want to talk more as this is a horrible experience for beginning a pharmacy career
Flexible scheduling as a student and understanding management. Great co-workers and work environment. Advancement within the company is easily obtainable.
Costco was a good company to work for however the management is poor. Stress levels are high working there but they offer great incentives! Working for Costco is great for hard workers.
Pros
Benefits, Free Memberships, Vacation, $100 boot voucher for work boots.
Cons
Rarely overtime, poor management, difficult raises, high stress environment
I no have experience for work in Costco put I m hard work I like working in Costco because Always Busy and very good place for work I work any thing cleaning cashier Packaging
not a bad job some departments have some cut throat assosiates partially because it is hard to get a full time position there so everyone is always concerned about what everyone else is doing
Cons
takes a long time to get full time
provides a great income to provide for family, great benefit packages and incentive for advancement within. Holiday benefits and vacation excels yearly.
It was a great working space, but I just wasn't working enough, and was busy with school but now I have a lot more time to work and I am ready to make an commitment to work.
The workplace at Costco was very positive and encouraging, and taught a lot about how to multi-task and problem solve on a daily basis. Management staff was very helpful and encouraging to every employee.