Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Lethbridge, AB

Good place to work. Different opportunities to learn new things. I worked early in the morning so wouldn't recommend for people who don't like waking up early, but there's other opportunities once you get in to get different jobs. Overall I would recommend.
Most of my co-workers were fantastic to be around and work with. We became very good friends and through that, we're able to work very efficiently and play to each others strengths. If a job was particularly hard for one person others would step up. Management was very understanding of most concerns we had. Food Court is much more involved than most people realize so it's a lot on your feet and moving around.
Good place to work at good management just a great place to worked at good benefits and mostly complaining for something will be taking care off right away
Totally for having experience job in Canada is good .Management is good . She is a really good boss but I want to improve here and find a good job based on my experiences in job before .
Really nice people made it fun and happy to come to work. If you can work hard it's fun to challenge and push yourself physically. It was hard to wake up early, but definitely worth it in the end.
It was a lot of physical labor, but with fun co-workers the day went by quickly and easily. Everyone was willing to help out the other departments when needed, and worked hard to finish everything by the end of the night.
such a great place to work. team work is an asset. as well as communications with customers and other employees. benefits were amazing. would highly recommend this job.
Most people who work there are fun & enjoy their jobs. Others are judgemental and homophobic. You don't always get to choose who you work with . . . They are strict if you are late & if you have more than 3 "late" - even less than 3 minutes late clocking in, you will get a suspension.
Overall this was a wonderful temporary position. All team members were great to work with, management was very ran the warehouse in a fluent manner regardless of how busy (christmas season) is was.
Pros
Many opportunities.
Cons
shift work
I loved working at Costco as a Cashier. The staff are what really made it great. These people are so dedicated and stay so positive. While I was a student, the managers really supported me in attending classes and still making my shifts.
Pros
Good benefits and great employers
Cons
strict hours requirements.
Great Company, great people and great all around experience. I would love to continue working for Costco if a full time position became available. I believe Costco would be a great place to have a career!
great place to work, especially since you get benefits even if your only working part time. great for students. employees are all very friendly. team player environment.
Pros
free costco membership
Cons
hard to get promotions
part time hours are anywhere from 25 hrs/week-40hrs/week.full time is 40 + hr/week. part time employees do not get benefits even working full time hours because the company doesn't want to promise the hours. vacation hours can only be taken at certain times of the year. extremely fast paced environment and very stressful. from experience,management does not give much positive feedback. Always being pushed to do things you may or may not be comfortable doing.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, no benefits, stressful
Costco is busy, but not unbearable! With the friendly staff and constructive managers the day flies by. Regardless of the department you will always have something to do!
Pros
Benefits, Internal Hire, Advancement, Raises
Cons
We would set up for food samplings, clean area for customers. we would have a half hour break and be on our feet for 7.5 hours. it was an alright place in the beginning. But as time went on management was not always the greatest. their scheduling was never accurate, so if you thought you had a day off they would actually change the schedule on staff with out your knowledge. And everybody was a boss.
Pros
worked with my schooling
I really enjoyed my time working at costco. Fun coworkers and very nice boss. i didn't like going out and pushing carts but it was required of all front desk staff
Pros
coworkers were great
Cons
a lot of lifting
I enjoy most facets of my job with Costco. A typical day includes physical labor as I work as an early morning (5:00am) merchandiser. This means that I am one of the first people in every day and am responsible for getting the business ready for open. I have a management team that makes me feel part of a team. The majority of management I work with push me to do my best and promote my personal success. My co-workers are the best part of my job. They are genuinely good people who make my day even better. The hardest part of my job can sometimes be the fast pace required on a daily basis. While most days are better than others, some require a great face lift on the way merchandise is presented due to the influx of new product or general wishes of management.
Pros
Free membership, benefits
Cons
Fast pace (occasionally), missed communication opportunities
I loved giving out samples at COSTCO. While working there I consistently beat sales targets. Unfortunately vendor cancelling demos resulted in a lack of hours.
Pros
Great variety of lunches, enjoyable work
Cons
lack of hours
I enjoyed this job I continually exceeded sales expectations. Poor management resulted in demos being cancelled which created a lack of hours.
Pros
variety lunches
Cons
not enough hours
Overall Costco is a great place to work. Great pay and benefits for an entry-level retail job. Working early morning or late at night is rough, but the pay is worth it.
In the sales department, most of the work was initiative based, which meant you'd have to pace yourself to stay busy if customer help level was low, otherwise most duties would be completed in 0.5-1 hour. Make sure warehouse was "show-time ready" every day, with all product faced and store kept clean, and assisting customers as well as other departments as needed. Management would fluctuate with how much attention was paid to the sales department, typically either non-existent or overly micro-managing, no happy medium. Got to deal with whole spectrum of customers, ranging from tech-savvy to clueless providing full range of customer satisfaction/interaction practice. Business-casual atmosphere was nice but had trouble defining at any given time where exactly it stood. Because of necessities of membership, theft and undesirable customer levels were quite low. Co-Workers were generally semi-educated, with fluctuating levels of morale dependent on policies being enforced at the time. Employees who did more were given more to do and kept to higher standards than others occurring in every department, which was cause for much disruption, due to unfair work loads/expectations. Management team had highly inappropriate behaviour with more attractive employees, causing favoritism and a few scandals which should have led to immediate firings based on company policy but almost always never did. Fairly good all-round camaraderie among employees, with a few exceptions. Hardest part of job was learning to deal with hypocrisy of policy enforcement, and exaggerated neediness of clientele - more...
Pros
Good working hours, particularly weekends;good pay;good benefits;generally nice atmosphere
Cons
VERY hypocritical policies/enforcement, employee harassment, gender-based favoritism