Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Langley, BC

My experience at Costco was pleasant and informative. I met great people with i still get in touch and I learned important skill which I am using in my daily practice.
Pros
good team work, good salary, good benefits, good work/life balance, good breaks
Cons
Costco is a good place to work and learn. But at Costco location in Langley, BC. Some of the people make it worst. Specially Pharmacy Manager she is so unexperienced and do not know how to run the things and because of this the senior people are not cooperative at all with new employees. They dont like new people to work. I dont know about other costco locations but the one in langley BC dont joint this one if you are pharmacy professionals.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
I like to interact with customers there and serve food to them. It was fun working there and I like to work as a team there. I have learned many new things there which improved my skills.
it is very impulsive place and very busy place.It is manageable place provided everything to customers . because of wholesale ,there is every product on good value.
All about favourites, you can work your butt off and get no where unless they like you. Micro management and when you make a mistake everyone knows and hears about it.
Pros
Awesome hours
Cons
Once you arrive at work and are ready I would start preparing merchandise for shipping. I wrapped pallets of merchandise. Would take my breaks and lunch on time. Enjoyed meeting new staff members. enjoyed the fact that when overtime was required it was added on at the start of the day and not at the end.
When I worked at Costco I was working 5 days a week and I absolutely enjoyed it. Although it did take away my summer because I was working so much I wouldn’t take it back. It was a really great experience for me to have worked there.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Hard to balance life with Costco because I worked so much
Lots of heavy lifting required in a short amount of time. Felt that the pay was too low for the work being done. Everyone was in the same boat so I'd always feel guilty to ask coworkers for help, knowing that they were struggling as well. Management was unclear, not sure who my direct supervisors were.
Depending on what you are hired for, the workplace culture across the board is actually very good, and people want to help each other out for the most part. If this is early on in your career, a highly valued place to learn and advance.
Pros
Great Staff, Easy work, Good Exercise
Cons
The job itself is fast paced and a fun environment. All the long timers are very very nice and help you out wherever you need it. The trouble is time off. They aren’t willing to give you any weekends off, so if you need a weekend off try to switch it yourself or as the long timers say.... call in sick. The wage is just above minimum so don’t think you go in there and get paid big bucks....
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay is ok
The work required was not only not specified in the interview but also when requested to work shift work in a rotation, the rotation aspect was not respected.
Great place to work if you don't have much experience in other fields. If management decides they don't like you you'll constantly be torn down whenever they feel the opportunity.
Costco has a great atmosphere to work in. Management was great, the employees, in general, were really great as well. I got to experience a variety of positions there as well.
While working at Costco, I was given the right amount of training that was needed. The supervisor was always present when they were needed. Although it was a past paced work place I never felt rushed.
This company gives you the option to experience all areas of the warehouse. You are given opportunities to explore other areas to see where you fit in and enjoy working.
Pros
Good pay once you put in the years
Cons
start out seasonal
Great place to work and i highly recommend. Good benefits, salaries, and friendly employees. However it can get quite busy and stressful when customers are unpleasant to deal with
It was ok, i liked some positions more then others. Cashier was good but got very repetitive. My personal favorite was night merch. If it wasn't for the bad hours i would still be their.
Pros
many different jobs
Cons
8 and 1/2 hour work days
i did not enjoy working theyre not very oganized mean poeple cna be frustrating at times when other poeple are contantly in a bad mood thats all i have to say
Costco is a very go go go place, so the day passes quickly. Coworkers are great and management is usually okay. There is a ton of opportunity to go up in the company, which is great for ambitious people, but you can also stay where you are comfortable.
Pros
flexible hours, free membership, benefits
Cons
very busy, hard work
Working at Costco was a great experience, the management is wonderful and the employees are very welcoming and friendly. It is mostly easy work with very few challenges.
Pros
coworkers are extremely easy to get along with
Cons
hard on the feet, requires a lot of standing
Customer Focused and presentation and product know how is a must.All employees are willing to help out each other depending on the need of services required in each of the customer or the department at any given time of the day.