Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

Costco is a great work place that values their employees and pays well. A good first job. The other staff are friendly and their open door policy is appreciated.
People are really supportive. If I am talking about culture, they all belong in a diverse culture. They always ready to take part in a different activity.
Amazing company to work for. Management is kind, understanding and willing to work with you on any issues you may have including modified duties if you were to get injured
Costco offered me a 20-30 hour work week as a part time member. The general hours were 3-11:30 and concluded of a variety of tasks during the day when store hours were open. And stocking once store hours were closed. Costco had a strong team environment with a large variety of tasks to complete. Workers were able to move around to various stocking areas during the week, to avoid overlapping work material. The hardest part of the job came during the busy days when there would be more of a time limit to stocking rather then stocking an area completely to finish. The people and the physical job itself was enjoyable during the work day.
A typical day at work was packing carts for the cashiers, folding clothes and restocking left over items to shelves. I learning how to properly load carts, and which items belong/do not belong next to each other. The management was fantastic, there was always someone there to answer any questions. The culture was filled with hard working people, everyone was really helpful and kind. The hardest part of the job was learning where everything is in the store due to the face they often changed item locations. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all of the people.
Pros
free membership to costco
It was very good to work there and I enjoyed it. It needs tolerance and patience due to all sorts of moods and personalities. Co workers were the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part was getting the cooked food out fast.
Pros
Cooking variety of foods
Cons
loved working as a sales associates in costco. got a chance to interact with lot of people and friendly environment. but there is no proper management of allotting shifts.
Awesome company to work for! I truly love working here, and would highly recommend for anyone looking for a job. Although you start part time, you can easily pick up hours when needed, and always get above 28+ hours. I am part time and get about 34-36 hours a week.
Pros
Great Benefits and Awesome hourly Wages! Bonus's twice annually
Cons
Work Weekends, Almost everyone starts Part Time
Great place to work, management level employees are generally happy and accommodating. Reminiscent of a low-skill unionized environment where understandably so, many low to no-skill workers cling to any authority and influence to constantly secure their position because they know if they were to ever have to leave they don't have much that is transferable.
Pros
Good benefits if you ever get them, Good managers
Cons
Difficult to get full time
Costco has a wide variety of jobs that offer great benefits and pension over time. Feels like you're part of a big team. Lots of good people to work with.
Costco was a great place to work as a student during the summers. Fast-paced environment with lots of exercise running around the warehouse getting/returning product, helping the cashiers, packing merchandise at the till.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Constant noise and harsh warehouse lighting.
PWD is a separate company that worked with Costco. PWD was very disorganized, management was rude and didn't seem to care about their employees. I did learn a lot however. I learned many social and hands on skills, learned to work independently as well as with others. The hardest part was focusing on keeping up with the demands of samples as well as keeping track of how much product you've gone through which was also something I learned. I did however love my coworkers and a lot of the customers made my day.
I loved the employment opportunity I had with Costco as a Seasonal staff member from Oct. '16 - Dec. '16. Management has an open door policy and they are always approachable. I love working with the public. I would return there without doubt if I were given the opportunity. (Kitchener Store)
Pros
Staff, Management
Cons
Heavy lifting for long stretches of time.
Management very professional and helpful. Salary was comparable to part time. I mostly did carts during the Christmas season. The hardest part was the cold. My co-workers were alot of fun. Meeting people was the greatest part
I am a baker. We produce multiple items daily as a team. I've learned how to organize the day in the most productive way possible. Management is willing to help the employees as well as the members as needed. My co-workers are hard workers and know how to get things done effectively while not letting a stressful day get to them. The hardest part of the job is keeping the shelves filled with enough product to sustain the whole day without being empty. The best part of the job is opening first thing in the morning and making the days production plan.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
must work every weekend
good summer job but awful shift work, long back breaking labor but very good pay.
Pros
pay and staff
Cons
4 am shift, exhausting work