Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Kelowna, BC

I love working here. The shifts were perfect for me. Very flexible and hopefully will be rehired because I was only a seasonal. I learned so much from my co workers.
Pros
Friendly and safe place to work
Cons
Only seasonal work available
It was amazing and enjoyable place to work because all the manager cooperate with employees to sussed on they tasks. Costco kelowna site has amazing genaral manager and all the department manager are very helpful also.
Pros
Free snacks
It was a decent job if you like fast pace and lots of talking with customers. I enjoyed it when i was there, it goes by pretty fast too. Unless its a slow day which rarely happens
Workers and Employers made you feel like there was no better option than working at Costco. You have to compete with other employees seniority for a chance at full-time employment.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Easy work
Cons
Erratic Shifts, Competitive full-time
I loved all of the managers that I got to work with. They made it fun and not too stressful even though it is quite a fast-paced environment to work in.
Management had no regards to anyones feelings, and couldn't see that a new worked takes time to get good at what they have to do. Wouldn't recommend working in the Service Deli at Costco, was very stressful due to management always on you about everything.
Good wage and good people, but it can be a bit stressful. Managers can be strict but fair. Wage is a decent wage as well. It's a great place to start building experience and advance.
Kelowna store stay clear .... new management now .. swing shifts days off not together repetitive work nothing good to say maybe the worst work ive ever had
Here I learnt that cash handling and customer service is actually fun!! sometimes we got to bring bins and do go backs and that help us to move around store and also allowed to interact with many customers.
Costco is a very challenging place to work. You have to be in good physical shape for the work. Once you pass probation there is lots of room to advance.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
very physical job
Expect to be on the go all the time. That said the people who work and shop there are mostly friendly and understanding which means you don't take stress or work home with you. Management was understanding and easy to talk to in regards to personal of professional situations. Don't expect to advance quickly. People stick with Costco for a long time so job openings are hard to come by and mostly hire senior employees.
Pros
Often has free food
Cons
Slow advancement
Service Deli Assistant Prepares, packages, and labels meals, entrees, salads, party trays, rotisserie chicken, ribs, sushi, and sliced meats and cheeses. Assembles take-and–bake pizzas.
Costco is by far the worst company to work for. It is filled with liars, back stabbers and people that will throw you under the bus to get ahead. You can't trust any body there, people will pretend to be your friend just to stab you in the back to get ahead. They have a open door policy which they will use to get you to feel comfortable to talk to them but then they use it against you. Management is horrible. They call people that may be "slow" re**rd behind their backs. Do yourself a favor and don't apply there, it's not worth it!
Pros
Benifits...Thas about it.
Cons
MANAGEMENT...and other employees. To many other things to mention.
Around holidays there is usually plenty of hours, a lot of time part-timers are able to work full-time. They aren't very flexible with scheduling if you're new, which makes it a hard job to work when a student and they try to make you work during your classes. Minimum 25hrs for part-time, and if you can't work that must either switch to limited part-time, which means you are chosen last for shifts, or work student hours which are typically Friday - Sunday closing shifts (this is for the Deli, not sure what other departments have set up for students). Set raises depending on the amount of hours you work, makes working here during the Summer worth it if you can reach the next bracket for hours worked.
Pros
Set raises at pre-specfied hours worked
Cons
Semi-inflexible schedule
I was a part time employee and always treated well. Was compensated well and enjoyed being at work. the managers were very helpful and you never felt threatened to ask questions. they were very reasonable with my work schedule
Working in a warehouse environment is fast paced, which I thrive off of, nothing better than always being on the go while you are helping others. Having a company with long term employees has pros and cons, it speaks volumes for the company when they are able to keep long term employees, their wages and benefits are a huge part of that, however many of those individuals have developed a sense of entitled which can be challenging at times to coop with. Being able to listen and understand how to balance multiple personalities is one of the greatest challenges as a manager.
Pros
Free Samples
Cons
Consistency
Extremely busy environment. Co-workers are friendly. Management supports staff. Communication could improve in regards to management roles and job functions within the warehouse.
Pros
schedule posted for 3 weeks
Cons
schedule always fluctuating
I love all of my coworkers. We are like one big family and building relationships is really emphasized in order to make the workplace a safe and enjoyable environment.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Standing for long hours
My personal experience was great working at Costco Wholesale. My co-workers, manager and supervisors were very helpful, knowledgable and friendly. I enjoy being an employee and a customer at Costco very much.
Costco is a nice place to work, I worked a seasonal position.I worked in the Bakery.
Pros
good pay
Cons
seasonal