Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Kamloops, BC

Enjoyed working there worked full time had time off after car accident management in my department was horrible everyone else was great hardest part was trying to deal with manager
If you're a student, you won't get far and they won't take care of you. Management team pushes ridiculous things on you and blow things out of proportion. They hire you under the notion of "part-time student and full-time during peak holidays" but end up doing quite the opposite of that.
nice place to work , nice employees nice environment. gained sales skills, good inter personnel skills, good leadership skills and interacted well with each and everyone there
Making sure our members are taken care of is the most important part of our daily job. We need to make sure product is available and easily accessible to our members. The work environment is quite enjoyable, very much like a family away from home. I'd say that is my most enjoyable part of the job. It makes it feel less like work. There is always something to do, and when it is busy we are required to prioritize order of importance for making our product on the sales floor accessible and tidy. Sometimes this can be hard because you are pulled in different directions, so learning to do one thing at a time is important, but can be hard to follow.
I spent most of my day stocking produce and found that most of the employees were fun to be around, although the warehouse manager could be quite intimidating. Other than that, everything was okay.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes.
Cons
low pay
OVERALL best place to work no work pressure or any sort of pressure is there. Easy and friendly atmosphere. Basically learned a lot about CANADIAN work culture.
Working at Costco Wholesales was quite the experience, had my first anxiety attack there. It starts off paying fairly well, if you are part-time you would generally work three eight hour shifts and couple of four to five hour shifts. Working there was a lot of fun at times, there's a great little community between all the employee's and everyone knows each other. During the holiday season, Costco can get incredibly busy and that can lead to lunch rushes or dinner rushes and those are very difficult at times.
Pros
Three breaks, two fifteen minute which you are paid for and one thirty minute break which you are not paid for.
Cons
Depends on which area you work in but it can be really stressful and a lot can happen at once, especially during the holiday season.
Pays very well especially for a job of it's simplicity. Take safety precautions very seriously making it feel like a very safe place to work.
Pros
extra pay on sundays
Cons
Strict policys
It was a very comfortable place to work in, the hardest part was dealing with grouchy customers because the food wouldn't be ready.
If you haven't worked there for many years, then you won't ever fit in. The rate of pay needs to be re-evaluated. The job itself was very fun.
i hated it..it was long and hardworkwith only a half hour breakworking 9 hours a day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Get set up with my napkins, tray, food products, and samples on the tray for the customers to try.Work with others at different locations in the store,manager was nice.I enjoyed talking to the customersI disliked picking up garbage
Pros
free samples of food
Cons
standing on my feet for long hours