Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Greater Toronto Area, ON

Start work in the morning and make sure that the warehouse is clean and presentable before opening. All merchandise is stocked and accessible for all shoppers. Wearing safety shoes is mandatory and might be the hardest part of the job since you're always on your feet.
Many different positions in varied departments, can always pick up extra hours. Very limited full time opportunities.
Pros
Varied mix of employees
Cons
Favouritism
As seasonal I enjoyed the job but few things did not add up with their culture: no matter how good is your feedback from managers, you need to have customers apply either for membership upgrade or master card by Capital one. You don't do it ( I challenge everybody to try after you ran in the store hundreds of times, packed tons of buggies, worked in bakery and helped the return on shelves) and you become almost useless. They have at least 10 people on the floor doing ONLY this: 10 cards a day maybe? Anyway: competition among department managers. One day one manager said, with me close to him "What is f...wrong with those 2?" referring to 2 lady managers of the front end. (So much for respectful language) The same manager uses to yell to the employees-not talking, even to people of other departments than his. No FT and not sure how you get PT and worst of all, if you don't want to do something, you always find a way not to do it:I personally heard about that all the time and saw people succeeding in it. As a funny note they give you for free the basic membership but omit to tell you it will be invalidated when you finish your contract (which I can absolutely understand). So when you find out, they treat you like "Honey when you finish, the card is not good". What about asking to pay the fee and keep the card? They have destroyed mine: I guess they don't care about keeping or having one member at all, I guess they don't care about my kids, family, relatives and friends- all members. So much for customer service, eh? They don't even tell you when it's your last day: - more...
Pros
Very fast paced. Managers doing everything from sweeping to cashier.Sunday +$4. Never a dull moment.
Cons
No family life, some employees find a way to avoid certain tasks, conflicting managers, odd customer service approach, entitled customers (mostly)