Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Greater Sudbury, ON

Fast-paced, easy-going, open and collaborative place to work. Professionalism and communicative about goals of the warehouse. Always kept busy during shift.
The continues monitoring by the managers creates a very stressful workplace that I did not enjoy. You are always pushed to do things faster. It is also a pain to deal with bad costumers.
i found working at Costco was a great experience a very fast past environment with lots of interesting charterer too get too know from there at costco
stand for a very long time hard on the back and legs, not able to sit to relive the sore legs or feet, manager was very pleasant and helpful when needed,
The management is absolutely awful. There is a monopoly on management and supervision positions, as you have to know the right people and be friends outside of work. They do not take any of your health and safety concerns seriously, and then refuse to allow you to take matters into your own hands and provide yourself with proper PPE. Also, the fact that you have to sign paperwork stating that your (literally) 1-minute of swiping in early coming back from break is VOLUNTEER time seems a little desperate. I have never known such chaos in my life.
Pros
Quitting.
Cons
Pretty much everything.
• Provided excellent customer services, including assessed customer needs to best recommend products. • Generated brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales. • Interacted with customers and management in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner. • Managed Inventory control to ensure product availability.
Costco is a great company to work for with a lot of benefits and provides a great deal of new experiences. If you are looking for a fast paced environment you can't go wrong here.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
Shift work and weekends.
For the most part people only work there if they are a friend or relative of someone else that works there and this causes management to play a blind eye towards insubordination and bad working habits and therefore creates a toxic work environment.
Always enjoyed going to work. Amazing staff. Great bosses. Always a good work environment. Treated equally. Good hours. Shifts go by quick because you always have something to do.
I learned that Costco is absolutely a wonderful place to work and also a very hard place to get into. The turnover rate is very small because nobody ever wants to leave, because it is a great place to work. I was lucky to start working there into a seasonal position and unfortunately was not able to stay because there was no room to stay once the Christmas season was over. I did learn a lot while I was there and would be so so happy to be able to return there to stay one day !
Great work and home life balance. Advancement opportunities available to the hard working, dedicated staff. Great benefits, and co-workers can teach you a lot from their years there.
Costco in Sudbury isn’t a great place to work despite what everyone tells you. Unless you’re part of the manager bff club, good luck moving up. It’s 100% about personal relationships and absolutely 0% about your actual work performance and personality. The benefits are okay, but the pay is average and the environment is toxic. Also: the food court is an absolute disaster and once you get in there, good luck ever getting out. Wouldn’t recommend... hours can be extremely ridiculous and even though you’re only part time you have to work 5 days a week. Completely unfair if you are trying to work a second job to pay bills (oh by the way they don’t accommodate if you have a second job) Overall - not worth the stress.
Pros
Benefits, paid breaks (when you’re allowed to take them)
Cons
Doesn’t respect Labour Board standards, including health and safety in certain departments, Expects staff to bend rules, Work 5 days a week as a PartTimer, no chance for movement into management
This was a very busy environment. A little too demanding sometimes but you learn to adjust yourself to your situations. I didn't get the hours I expected, but took what I could get.
Pros
raises were great
Cons
not enough hours and no life for myself
Generally the work itself was alright, loading and unloading the tables during the day was easy and handing out samples was fun. The customers would occasionally take more than they were allowed but we couldn't be rude and say anything. My coworkers were mainly older and some of them were hard to get along with. Overall the job itself is alright with no real sense of climbing up the corporate ladder, not being paid as much as actual costco employees was discouraging. And standing for 7 hours at a time was exhausting.
Pros
lots of free samples
Cons
standing for 7 hours sucked and coworkers could be nicer
it gave me great work ethics also it was a busy day at times but was also a great place to work as the people I worked with were very nice and they helped a lot when I had qestions about something .
Pros
free membership
Cons
far to drive from the valley everyday
My name is Tiffany Audet, I love working with others and learning new experience's. Working at Costco I learned how to deal and work with problems among costumers and co-workers. The cons about working at Costco is the hours, Costco does not provide long enough hours and the pros are the wages. My co-workers are amazing and easy to get along with.
Pros
pay wages
Cons
short hours
Everybody is friendly, helpful and fun to work with. The casual dress attire makes it comfortable to work as well.
Costco is a extremely fast-paced and friendly environment. I gained a great deal of experience on the inner-workings of a pharmacy. I got to see first hand exactly what a pharmacist and the technicians do on a day-to-day basis. I loved the people I work with, they were friendly, patient, and always open to my questions. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to the pace but I adapted quickly and the shifts flew by! I would recommend employment at Costco to any students currently perusing their secondary studies. Costco is very flexible with scheduling and encourages academics. Overall a fantastic experience!