Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Grande Prairie, AB

Baker assistan really fun and good job for me because i really love cook and making bread.as assistant im gonna learn more alot how to make any kind of bread.and i really love it.thank and God Bless..
Pros
Drinks
Cons
8 hrs
My experience at Costco wasn’t the best. I did meet some nice people but I also met people that were not kind who had seniority and territorial and not very helpful. I’ve been injured three times within the two years I worked there. I’ve switched many departments and you have to be really strong and always fast so it was stressful. I had some good managers and some not so good managers who were unprofessional and yell at your misunderstandings. So I have mixed feelings on the place.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, paid vacation
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, lack of training
Very fast paced and stressful for a first job. Manager was very much by the books which was great but she also had a bit of an attitude if you messed up, same with my co-workers. They also didn’t speak much English and were hard to understand at times which led to frustration for everyone involved. Hours were a little ridiculous (anywhere from 5am-11pm). Overall didn’t enjoy the experience and quit after about a month and a half
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, Members were generally nice, free membership
Cons
Stressful, irregular schedules, rude co-workers.
Never a dull moment. You have the opportunity to learn other areas of the store if you want. Fast paced environment. Clean and safety oriented. A good place to work.
Everyone I worked with was very nice, understanding, patient and seemed to carry the same mindset. Costco does a good job of meeting the needs of those that need it or may need a little extra help. Good training
Great atmosphere Fair management Great benefit Loved it. Left to return to family, hopefully will eventually get rehired at another Costco in Ontario. One of the best places I've worked. Opportunity to learn and advance, always possible, with Costco.
Working for Costco was stressful especially in Membership, You would get rude customers and un patience customers but you always have to keep a happy fake face on, make sure your giving them 100% of your time and listen whatever they need to help them fully even though you know you want to but you have to because it's our job.
Good place to work if you plan on making a career out of it, otherwise it's hard to move up. Raises and advances pretty much depend solely on seniority and don't take skill or ability into account. As nice as it is to know your loyalty will be appreciated, it's unfortunate that hard work and quality performance isn't valued as much as simply staying with the company for a longer time.
Costco is a good company to work for because of good benefits, fair pay, and mostly great people to work with. Met plenty of nice people but also awful ones too. Management, at least at the location I was working at, is absolutely terrible. I have seen way too much favoritism, unfairness, picking on particular people, harassment (physical and psychological), unnecessary rudeness, double standards, etc. There was very few down-to-earth managers that were actually doing their jobs the right way. Also, the floor kills your feet!
Pros
Good benefits, fair pay, mostly great people to work with.
Cons
Awful management resulting in bad work environment at times.
For the most part was a good place to work. Some of the people I worked with were hard to get along with, but management was great to deal with. Did not like having to cover front end
Everyone there are awesome, fun place to work, I got to get trained on propane and the gas they showed me how to use the cart pusher to move carts across the lot.
Pros
Free Costco card
Costco, in short, is a great place to work. The systems and priorities put in place by upper management establish an energetic and "all together" atmosphere filled with awesome benefits, frequent wage raises, and a regular focus on cooperation and Teamwork. These are areas that Costco excels at. To be totally fair there are certain blemishes one can expect working in any retail environment and Costco is unfortunately not immune to them. Expect a tense environment during holiday seasons, expect some grumpy coworkers from time to time, expect some questionable decisions from leadership, expect what you would normally get working with human beings. But with that said, Costco does an impressive job at resolving conflict and recognizing this human element of the modern workplace. Often management will follow up a mistake with six or seven good decisions to follow it. So for every blemish, Costco may have, you can expect the Integrity to recognize and smooth over those blemishes.
Pros
Many benefits, Regular raises, Team focused, improvement focused
Cons
Consists of human beings who make human mistakes
Every employee seemed to have a problem with at least one manager, Im not sure if this is a social behavior issue or a training issue. everything else about Costco is near perfect, especially the stock options they give you.
Everybody that I had encounter in this work place were really friendly and hard working because Costco gave the best benefits that any employee deserve to have. This is a very good Company.
Always learning something new everyday, great co-workers. The hardest thing about the job was lifting heavier items alone. Mangers are very good to work with.
Pros
Free food in luch room.
Cons
Short staff in gathering carts.
it's good place to be if you enjoy, your dept. being blamed for all the problems in the world. its got good pay and great benefits, but the management is pretty terrible. that's all i have to say
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Cons
terrible managers
I did not like the way i was treated by mangers or co-workers. It was un fair a disrespectful. The average day at work was alright.
packed grocery carts, ran cash tills, ran for products for clients, helped clients load their purchases, product knowledge a must.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Cons
Standing for long periods of time, lots of politics
you would never get enough hours. you could bust your butt and not get any recognition