Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Fredericton, NB

Very fast-paced environment. You have to work hard constantly, but you are rewarded for that with your pay & benefits. Management is pretty good; they're always trying their best to motivate their employees, and they are dedicated to making their warehouse the best it can be. (As for what I've experienced!) The culture at Costco is employees work hard, but they always try to make the best out of their day. We take the time to enjoy our conversations with each costumer and/or employee. There's room for laughter and jokes at work, but you have to always be busy doing something productive. You will enjoy working at Costco if you are sociable and have good work ethics.
Pros
Lots of social events for employees. Good culture.
Cons
Short Break for Part-Times. You HAVE to work hard and fast.
Costco was good at first but once I realized that nobody care. Took all the energy out of my body. It's hard being proud of work when your manager clearly doesn't.
Management very caring and helpful in teaching tasks, coworkers are happy to help. Learnt a lot in my department, but managers from other companies were happy to cross-train.
The only reason I left is due to a car accident not being able to handle the concrete floor any longer. It was going to be my career. How many people can say that about a box store? Love and miss my Costco Family♥
Pros
Great family like atmosphere
Cons
retail weekend work
It's a decent place to work and the company as a whole is very reputable. Unfortunately it's usually part-time 20-30 hours fluctuating, and the management was a clique that poorly schedules day, night, day, night in every week which was too difficult to handle. The store is massive as well so you really have to prepare for too many customers, too much walking, and dodging forklifts right away. If you're the kind of person that does like a fast paced environment I would recommend it, the forklift guys are good at their job, just stay out of their way.
Costco is a very stressful place to work, the managers are usually rude (not all..) and will always be on your back instead of helping you become better they make you feel worse.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Schedule, Managers
I loved working at costco because it was very fast paced but it was relatively easy to cope due to the support of more experienced staff. Management was also very good.
The job was alright, the money and hours were great. But the way that management was and the way that communication was made it almost impossible or very irritable to do basically anything within the store. They are nice enough people who work there, and the jobs aren't very hard. The best thing about the job is the money and the long breaks.