Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

being as a Sales Advisor, you got knowledge of Costco commodities as well as directly communicate with customers. the environment was very good and friendly, very healthy for career building.
Exposure to various departments and business processes was the biggest boon of program. However program structure varies between person to person. Very enjoyable learning about each department and interacting with members at various points.
Its okay of you need the job for now, there has been alot of set backs, e.G raises are not what the used to be.Yes you start just a little above min wage
If you have a good manager then you will succeed, there is guaranteed raises, benefits after 1 year. Some departments are harder than others. 5 am shifts. 2 weeks vacation.
It was great experience working in this organisation. it was a very good company with lovely staff & everyone are co-operative. I got many challenging opportunities to learn & to prove.
Handling and organizing transactions given by customers (receipts, debit transactions, cash back) Effective and reliable communication with customers Maintain cashier area, keep clean and tidy Help customers with merchandise they are looking for and other questions they may have
Good shifts, lots of available hours. Welcoming Staff provided training. No discounts for employees. Uniform vests. Option to transfer to different departments.
Working at Costco is like working with your friends. The atmosphere and management are very friendly towards you and will take all the necessary steps in insuring the employee has a safe and fun working environment.
Pros
Extra pay on Sun and overtime
Cons
physical exsersion
Good pay Long hours but worth the time Wonderful colleagues Top notch managerial service Great customer services Fast pace environment Two breaks: 15mins and 30mins after every 2 to 3 hours of work
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Costco goes above and beyond to take care of their employees. They are one of the only large corporations that really tries to connect with each of their employees on an individual level. I would recommend working there to anyone.
when i worked at costco i stocked the grocery aisles and helped the cashiers with packing the customers groceries. The hardest part of the job is waking up at 2 am.
I loved working for costco. A diverse company that allows anyone to succeed and climb the corprate ladder. They allowed me to wait to be comfortable on cash which was nice knowing they cared about me as a human
I loved working here because there was never a day that I wasn't doing something. Always keeping busy. If you want to learn something new, they would teach you. I learned to do cash here so it was a good experience.
I came in and skewered, roasted, packaged, then labeled chickens followed by dish washing and cleaning the service deli area. Ending the day by making pot pies for the next day and bringing in the departments stock from the delivery trucks.
I really enjoyed working at Costco. The atmosphere was very friendly. I learned a lot of things in the pharmacy, in the beginning it was hard for me since i did not have experience in pharmacies. But now i know my way very well.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
customers believe that they own the workers because they pay for membership
Working at Costco is all about multitasking. The seniors are very helpful and if one is willing they can learn and rise quickly.
The managers and co-workers are good people, and the benefits are impressive. The warehouse was always busy so it taught me how to balance my time. There is always work to be done, but managers are very understanding. The hardest part of the job is hours. There is no set schedule, whether it be finishing an eight hour shift at noon, or finishing one at midnight. Can get difficult planning life around shifts.The best part of the job was talking and meeting all the different members. Hearing different stories is just fascinating.
Pros
Understanding managers
Cons
erratic hours
Going to work, doing your job and going home is a typical work day, nothing special. Cleaning methods, regulations, and WHMIS training. Management was mostly fine with the exception of certain managers who are arbitrary and uncaring towards their workers. Co-workers in the Maintenance department are mixed, two excellent workers and two lazy ones. The hardest part of the job was the long hours of walking all over the store for hours on end. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of making areas around the warehouse spotless and pleasant to be in.
Pros
Free sample food, long hours, good rest.
Cons
Problematic co-workers and management.
It was very high-pace working required a lot of physical activity, but it wasn't a problem for me. I liked to deal with customers, co-workers. Only one thing was really bothering me when some of our managers sent me to do works not connected with customer service at all, such as weeding and sweeping outside. By the way, I wasn't warned about any possibility of these duties-activities during hiring process. The most enjoyable part of the job was marketing when I was convincing Costco's members to switch they membership cards to new more beneficial for them. Because of this I improved significantly my customer service skill.
Pros
Benefits, work environment.
Cons
Working outside sometimes.
good, but you learn more than trained... thinking on your feet... management cant manage the stress level of the job and points fingers on others