Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Productive and Fun while printing photos and meet new people
PHOTO ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2018
·Printing photos, assisting customers with photo kiosk, offering great service to customers by making sure the customer walks away happy and their service
·Maintaining and helping perform inventory on a daily basis
.Making sure that orders are put away correctly, orders received are the correct items, and customizing order to match closely to originals
Fast & fun workplace
Majors Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 July 2018
There's many advantages to working at Costco - free lunches here and there, many training modules to take advantage of, tons of experience to gain from working here.
Pros
Job security, higher than minimum wage
its an ok job.
AUTOMOBILE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 July 2018
Its a seniority, so if you are looking for fulltime job, it will take you years for that... but good for part timer. Its really about seniority and if you know someone in upper management
Pros
free costco membership
Cons
fulltime job is really by seniority
Awesome Workplace
Front end/ Membership Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2018
- Cash handling and product handling
- Learned how to keep up with multiple customers while also pushing programs (e.g. Costco Mastercard)
- Management works with you to insure both yourself and the customers are satisfied with your experience
Pros
Samples
Cons
Can be Tedious/repetitive
Company offers good benefits to employees but each warehouse varies greatly and some run much more smoothly than others
Meat Cutter/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2018
Benefits really add up if you stay long enough, but how effectively and efficiently your department works rest depends on your manager and the warehouse as a whole works the same way. Good managers and everything is great but there is no one warehouse with all good managers. They all have people that will make you wonder how they ever became managers and they will all have managers who pick up the slack for the others.
Pros
Good benefits and vacation time if you stay long enougb
Cons
To get good pay and benefits you havr to stay 10 years or more
fast paced work environment
SEASONAL STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
Great place to work and great people to work with. There is always something to be done even if you finish your department early you can help someone else complete theirsl
Pros
free Costco card
Cons
fun and everyone is polite
Front End Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2018
the co worker that I have work with are polite and willing to help if a person needs a help and also they value costumer first before themselves. willing to help a customer for their satisfactions
Pros
staff gets a free membership
A low-grade summer job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
As starter summer jobs go, Costco was normal. However, the culture was lacking, and management somewhat lacking in their positions. I do not recommend.
Pros
Availability of Hours
Cons
Culture, Placement of Hours, Non-flexible
great place where to learn about a wide variety of products, practice the language and interact with public.
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2018
This company was a subcontractor of Costco. Every day we must meet in the office and gather all the information and the necessary elements for the sampling of the products. The best part of the job was learning about new products, meeting people and practicing the language. The worst part was standing for long hours, without receiving payment after having sold the designated product in the middle of the working day.
Pros
-Learn about a wide range of merchandise from food to non-food produces like AC, blinds
Cons
Standing all day. No benefits.
a good place to work, good salary, good benefit, good company
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2018
Costco teach me to be punctual at work, help me to explore different kind of job teach me how to work as a team, to multi tasking , to show how to be a customer service,
Not what it used to be
Night Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2018
I have worked for Costco for 12 years as an hourly and manager. Lots of opportunity for someone willing to put the company ahead of their family. The job security is amazing, top benefits and wages as well. To advance you really have to tow the company line, they do not want innovators or free thinkers. The company has lost its family feel with the new CEO. A lot of the long term staff and managers are losing their dedication to the company. I can't say a ton of bad about the company it definitely has its good points just not right for someone that wants a strong family life.
Pros
Job Security and advancement
Cons
poor balance of work and home life
Decent Company
Morning Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta12 March 2018
Costco is overall a decent company to work with. However, the starting pay is not at all very good, it takes a while to get to a decent wage, get full-time work or benefits and the hours are pretty daunting if you work morning (you start at 4am).
Work is very fasted paced and depending on your position, very labour intensive. The management are all fairly friendly and they do have an open door policy.
Pros
Free membership, good management, benefits after some time
Cons
Poor starting pay, hard to advance
great place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2018
Hired to restock and organize shelves in the produce area on the night shift.
Promoted to night merchandising team and proved myself as a valuable contributor to the overall organization of the produce department.
Further advanced to warehouse operations, which included moving large pallets of produce and other goods from the warehouse areas out to the shopping areas to be merchandised before opening hours.
I was able to apply my previous safety training plus acquired knowledge of mechanical lifting equipment to help ensure safe completion of tasks.
You need a good work ethic to be successful at this job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2018
Busy you have five hours to get the your Section stocked and showtime ready

With the way the run the staff and with holidays sometimes there isn't enough coverage of staff.

They want people who think for themselves, management is okay as long as you work hard.

If you are part time they will change your schedule all the time, a guaranteed 25 hrs a week but more if they need you.

The hours are great if you are an early morning person, I found it hard to maintain a work/life balance.

The Pay and Benefits are good but you need to be there sometime and put in the hours to see those rewards.
I loved working there
Food Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2018
I really enjoyed it when I was working there they're very pleasant and they accepted my disability.
I wished I worked there again and they gave me an opportunity.
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
at this job I learnt that not all people are ready to be in management, and it seems like the warehouse that I was clearly had a great job at finding those people. Costco likes to say that they protect their employee ,but in all actuality they will throw you under the but so to speak in a heart beat.
Good place for young people
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
It's a good place to work, good job security, pay and benefits are also good. Like with any retail, you will get 40 hours only during holidays. Any chances to move up are based on your seniority, merits and qualifications are not the main criteria. Lifting heavy products is expected. Warehouse environment.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Advancement is not by merits but by seniority.
Busy and fast-paced environment
Frontend Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2018
Given ours do not support a balanced life style, however a lot are given. Hourly salary was fair. A typical day was busy but not stressful. I have become stringer at working under a high-pressure situation. Management is really fair, as they consider your outside life schedule for schedule building. Hardest part of the job would be the heavy lifting required for loading assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet and interact with new people, such as customers and employees.
Pros
Plenty of benefits
Cons
Long and inconvenient hours
Fun professional work space
night merchant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2018
Was a great experience for me gave me many professional work skills and behaviour which i carry with me to every job. That is if you are a self motivating personality you get out what you put in.
Pros
If you work hard given lots of freedom
Cons
They put too much on seniority instead of who may actually be better suited for promotion.
Productive and fun to work at majority of the times.
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
My typical day working at Costco was great, i learned about communication skills more and how to work as a team when it gets extremely busy at the workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Costco Wholesale. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2