Costco Wholesale

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

I had a terrific time working there just didn’t get paid enough for my life ! Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to work there it’s a great place to build relationships and be part of a great team, and if you have the time to build up can be wonderful!
Pros
So many!
Cons
Pay at least when I was employed but other then that terrific !
I worked here when I was in University. It was good as a Student, but a very prideful organization to work for. Days were unorthodox as a Morning Stocker, and management was very bad at communicating things properly. On top of that, you're sometimes dealing with coworkers and customers on top of that who don't respect their employees. Very individualistic environment as everyone is in it for themselves. There is team work at times, but that depends on the department you work in. It was good for a season, but I'd never go back and work there. Money isn't everything, but its showed me that those at the top can be very miserable and resentful about their lives. Too much people please in this environment. You don't have to place anyone, especially when people here don't respect you or don't treat you well. Do in, do your job, and keep your work and personal life separate. Very few people in the retail industry aren't trustworthy to open up to anyways. Also, there is more focus on loyalty there. There were people who were there so many years and made more than I did, yet I would work harder than some of the people in my department and made less. Seniority matters apparently, so be ready to work there for numerous years just to make top rate. Good for a season, but not worth it in the long term. There are better opportunities out there. Other ways to grow and learn. I got tired being around toxic people all the time, and glad I left when I did.
Pros
Flexible if you're a college student. Variety in trying out different departments.
Cons
Horrible management, terrible hours, miscommunication, Employees are very entitled, rude at times, and ignorant, Stupid seniority system: Based on longevity rather than how hard someone works.
They couldn't even keep their promises from the interview to me regarding the type of hours I would be working, start out at minimum wage to do slave labor in the mornings for high strung, stressed out, passive-aggressive managers. In my 30s...frankly don't need that attitude for min wage at this point in my life, thanks but no thanks guys.
Pros
discounts with insurance companies, get to be a member of Costco
Cons
early hours, high strung management, lie in interview process
Overall a great company to work for. There are a lot of opportunities as long as you are a hard worker and can be patient for advancements. With a large number of employees and departments, you can move around the warehouse a lot and make some meaningful friendships. Would recommend most definitely.
*gossip too much *people fight a lot *employee jealousy don't want to work there anymore a lot a people get injure on front end I dont enjoy working there its stressful and not safe environment to work for
Your day usually goes by fast. The only thing I would have liked more is the shift times to have been changed to accommodate a working single parent at the time.
The Benefits are higher end, they treat their staff with respect, there is more of a chance they would promote from within opposed to hire from outside.
Pros
Supplied desserts and such in the lunchroom
Cons
Not very Flexible
Getting customers to try new products and telling customers where things are in the store. Let customers know about any new products that are in the store.
non consistent shift and they like to place you all over in different departments that you were hired in, okay place to work if you really need a job.
Well start off by reading the log sheet. Move items to wear they needed to be. While making sure the area was clean.I learned about team work and as well and working alone. I loved working for Costco.
I work here on weekends as I'm currently a student. When I'm there we're usually behind on production due to often being short-staffed. This makes the job a little stressful but our manager is pretty understanding so it isn't too, too bad. I really enjoy the people I work with though so they make up for the stress we often feel.
i enjoyed the fast paced mornings shifts. It was great for someone with energy first thing in the morning. Attention to detail was a must and a self motivated persona helped with getting everything done before the store opened.
- Management is understanding - Face paced work especially during busy seasons - Can be shuffled around so learning new procedures and rules - Safe place
Some great managers and some that should have proper management training. Communication is lacking. Rigid structure to inefficient company policies and procedures.
Pros
Good benefits & retirement package
Cons
Takes along time to get access to benefits or full time positions
A great place to work. Fast paced and friendly people to work with. A great management team. They are always easy to approach with problems and concerns.
If you are different in any way or have any mental health issues, Costco is the worst. Do not ever report harassment, racism, etc if you want to keep the job. Pharmacy violates privacy laws & call anyone with a mental illness psychos & swearwords. No idea how or why they became medical advisors.
Costco is very stressful. They are on budget cuts. Always running short handed. All ways busy.Always hard on body Lifting all shift long. Over worked & Under paid
Cons
Over worked Very hard on body. Joints etc
People have worked at costco for 4 or more years...to finally get full time hours. They coop you like chickens...you work 3 months or less...depending on when you started. Then they pick who they want for which deoartment..for ex:.produce.freezer.textiles etc. Then out of all the people they hired. They keep very few..they dont tell you its a competion for a few spots.opened
Great communication skills and a lot of patience is needed for this job. Sometimes it’s difficult to juggle dealing with more than 200 people passing by, usually with their children. It does allow individuals to meet interesting folks. It’s a job with its ups and downs, really just depending on how you look at the experience.
An average day consists of faced paced movement, dealing 800+ members in an average 5 hour work day. 9 times out of 10 you will be working with hard working individuals who want to to their best, but some supervisors can be a bit abrasive and attempt to micromanage. It is a nice casual environment, with a simple dress code of appropriate work wear, no uniforms. If you can't handle standing on a hard concrete floor all day then this might not be the place for you. The most rewarding part for me was knowing you helped someone and they genuinely thank you for your help, be it finding an item for them or helping load a heavy item into their cart or vehicle.
Pros
Friendly and supportive management.
Cons
Breaks can be far between and unpredictable, leaving you feeling exhausted.
Good place for a first job or for those looking for a part time job during school. Flexible hours and friendly coworkers. Good benefits and room for advancement..