Costco Wholesale
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Costco Wholesale Employee Reviews in Courtenay, BC

Fun and Awesome place to work in if one is prepared to be hardworking. Co-workers and Managers support you all the time and are always happy to help. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Career Growth
If you dont have a life costco is for you. The hours of work are really bad, if you want a weekend off you have to work 9 days in a row. If you upset the wrong manager, then you get stuck working 9 days in a row. For someone who has a family I am treated like I don't have a family. Fellow employees are okay, but management needs a lot of work, maybe even an over haul. When you have an issue with, say working 9 days in a row, they don't fix it, they just say they will deal with it but never do. The scheduling is the worse part of the job. Nothing is consistent or even close to the same. My 2 days off a week are constantly switched and I end up working more days in a row then 5.
Pros
Cons
No set schedule, poor management
Great place for work and for a better career. However, the current managers are not bothered about the problems in the workplace that are faced by the employees. I strongly believe that they need to be improved in their current practices. Most importantly, managers have racism. Heavy discriminations and makes me difficult to work with a good mindset.
working here was a great way to pay down post secondary debt. They let me move around the company as I traveled around BC for schooling. It was not my ideal work place because the type of work was not what i'm looking for in a carrier. However, it was a good experience.
similar to many big businesses, you make many friendships and the atmosphere is generally positive, management is usually very understanding and the strive to make things better. Learned good customer service and team player skills and while being a lot attendant.
Pros
company bbq's, exercise, hours
Cons
odd bad customers
this job has an amazing atmosphere and coworkers. our management was nice and easy to work with. training was on the go and not always comprehensive but you figured it out quickly.
Pros
free membership, awesome benefits
Cons
lack of hours
I got paid to basically work-out doing heavy lifting in the bakery. It was awesome. I wish i never quit. My coworkers were my family. My manager encouraged me to work hard and grow as a person. The warehouse manager ensured we were trained well and knew what was going on in the business. Once a month they would review financials and goals with staff. The ceo shook my hand and thanked me for working at Costco. He shook everyones hand and was so kind and down to earth.
Pros
Treated like a human being. Aprons are washed for you.
Cons
Low wage when starting out. Forced united way contributions.
They are the best in their products and their service, they are dynamic in nature and well organised. Moreover they are having employee discounts and breaks. The management is cooperative and the work ethics is friendly.
Pros
breaks and meals sometimes
Cons
Negligible
Not a bad place to work, if you a young person wanting to move up it would be a great job
Excellent place to work at. Here co-workers and management keeps confidence and belief in you that what I am doing would be correct. This motivated me to give my 100%.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Costco Wholesale?